You Know Where to Find Me

A Suitable Boy

A/N: ual harrassment ahead


When they returned home from their honeymoon, Seunghyun learned the firm was having a large party to celebrate the end of the case. Not all of the employees were able to go out the last time, and this way everyone could show up. Seunghyun was excited to introduce Heechul to everyone. Heechul was nervous, but Seunghyun promised to stay by his side the whole night.

 

 

They spent the week leading up to the party settling into a new routine. Seunghyun was home every night at 5:30, and Heechul would have dinner ready. They would talk about their days, although Seunghyun always had more to say. They would do dishes together, then settle into the living room. Sometimes they read, sometimes they would watch TV, sometimes they played games. After years of partying, Seunghyun found he was enjoying the quiet, domestic life.

 

His dad was going to be so smug about it.

 

 

They had decided that Sundays would be dinner with their parents. Heejin and the Chois would come over, and they would all sit down to eat. The parents happily agreed. They even had a group text where they all kept in touch with each other.

 

 


Heechul was a bundle of nerves when the night of the party rolled around. Seunghyun made him tea and rubbed his back to help ease his nerves. He also promised the next day would be filled with pampering to help Heechul decompress.

 

The restaurant was packed, and Heechul was overwhelmed. A sea of noise and faces rose in front of him, and he had to force himself to breathe. Seunghyun kept his promise and kept him anchored, never once leaving Heechul's side. The lawyer introduced his husband to everyone with a beaming pride. He did his best to include Heechul in every conversation. Bom and Minzy were kinder than Heechul was expecting, since they looked intimidating. But they cooed over him and teased Seunghyun. They knew all of the office gossip and happily filled Heechul in while plying him with food.

 

 

Heechul did eventually find himself alone at the end of the night. Seunghyun had asked with a leer if Heechul wanted to join him in the bathroom. Heechul had just pushed his husband's face away with a roll of his eyes, Bom and Minzy squealing in laughter. The two women bid farewell, and Heechul sat alone at the table. They party was thinning out, so he felt more comfortable than he did at the start of the evening.

“Enjoying the festivities?” came a new voice.

Heechul looked up to see one of the firm's partners, Jinyoung Park, smirking down at him. He swallowed. “I am, Mr. Park, thank you.”

Jinyoung settled into the chair next to Heechul. “None of this 'mister' nonsense. We're family! Seunghyun has been with us for almost a decade now. He's practically a son! That makes you family by extension!” He threw his hands into the air, and Heechul couldn't help but giggle. Jinyoung smiled at him.

 

“You know, you're very beautiful,” Jinyoung said huskily, moving closer to Heechul. “I can see why Seunghyun kept you hidden.”

Heechul's smile faded and he looked down at his hands in his lap.

Jinyoung leaned over, tucking Heechul's hair behind his ear. “Seunghyun's a great lawyer. So close to being partner. Would you like to help him advance?”

Heechul bit his lip and closed his eyes. He refused to look up.

“I wonder how you taste,” Jinyoung breathed into Heechul's ear, causing him to shiver. The other man chuckled. “Yang, Park, and Choi. Has a nice ring, doesn't it?” He brushed Heechul's hair back, exposing his neck.

Heechul closed his eyes as he felt the breath of his husband's boss, so close. He desperately wanted to throw up.

 

Someone across the room called Jinyoung's name.

“Let me know,” the older man murmured before rising. “You know where to find me.”

 

 

Heechul was alone. He couldn't move, not even to wipe the tears off his face.

“Heechul?” It was Seunghyun's voice.

He looked up at his husband.

“What's happened?”

“I'm sick,” he whispered. “Take me home, Seunghyun, please.

“Of course, sweetheart.” Seunghyun eased Heechul gently from his chair and guided his husband home.


A/N: Hello everyone! Thanks for waiting for me. I've been in a bit of creative hibernation since Jonghyun passed away, only managing the occasional drabble. I'm going to do my best to write more in 2019. Have no fear- all my stories will be completed. I will not abandon them. I hope you won't abandon me.