I Kinda Like You

A Suitable Boy

The case was over. Finally. The judge had found in favor of Seunghyun's firm, which made all the long days and nights worth it. Between all the backslapping and congratulations of his colleagues, Seunghyun sent off two texts- one to Heechul, and one to his dad. Closing his office door, Seunghyun rubbed his face. He couldn't wait to go back to his regular sleep schedule, and he definitely couldn't wait to spend more time with Heechul.

A knock on the door interrupted his thoughts. “You have a visitor, Mr. Choi,” announced Minzy, his secretary.

Seunghyun was pleasantly surprised to see a blushing Heechul holding a brightly colored bouquet of daisies. “Chulie!” he sprang to his feet and bounded over. “Thanks, Minz.”

Minzy bowed and shut the door behind her as she left.

“What are you doing here?” Seunghyun asked, kissing Heechul's forehead.

“These are for you,” Heechul replied, handing over the flowers. “And I thought that since your case was over, I could take you to dinner to celebrate.”

Such a thoughtful gesture touched Seunghyun to the core. None of his exes would have done anything like this, and Seunghyun was so thankful that he had ended up with Heechul. “That sounds amazing,” he murmured, bending down for a better kiss. He cupped Heechul's cheek, and his husband slipped an arm around his waist. Breaking the kiss, Seunghyun pressed their foreheads together. “Let's go.”

 

 

They bumped into two suited men on their way out.

“Seunghyun,” said the man in the dark hat. “Coming out tonight?”

Seunghyun shook his head. “Sorry, but I'm having dinner with my husband.”

“Husband?” asked the blonde. Both men stared at the two.

Seunghyun chuckled and picked up Heechul's left hand with his own, and showed off their matching wedding rings. “Heechul, meet Hyunsuk Yang,” he nodded to the man in the hat. “and Jinyoung Park.” The blonde man smirked. “They are the partners and owners here at Park and Yang.”

“Nice to meet you,” Heechul said shyly.

“I remember vaguely you saying something,” Hyunsuk said, brow furrowed. “But it didn't click.”

“Well, I didn't talk about it, really. It happened rather quickly, and the ceremony was small and intimate.”

“I bet,” Jinyoung leered, looking Heechul up and down and his lips.

Heechul looked at his feet and leaned into Seunghyun. Seunghyun wrapped an arm around his husband's waist and dropped a kiss onto his hair.

“Don't be a creep, Jin,” Hyunsuk said. “Seunghyun, take the next week off and use my home on Jeju Island.”

Seunghyun and Heechul stared at each other, then at Hyunsuk. “Sir,” Seunghyun began. “We couldn't possibly-”

“You can and you will,” Hyunsuk replied, pulling out his phone and firing off a text. “I insist. You're a damn fine worker and you guys didn't get a honeymoon because of this case.”

Seunghyun started to reply, but Hyunsuk cut him off. “Bommie has the keys, and I already texted her saying it was alright. Stop by her office on your way out, and we'll see you a week from Monday.”

 

 

The next afternoon, after a bit of a lie-in, Seunghyun and Heechul found themselves in front of a massive, modern beach house.

“Whoa,” Heechul breathed.

“And we get the place all to ourselves,” Seunghyun smirked. He led his blushing husband inside. They quietly made their way through what was obviously a mansion before finding the master bedroom. Seunghyun dropped his bags and jumped face first onto the bed. “This bed is so soft! We're stealing it.”

“Right,” Heechul replied, rolling his eyes. “I'm sure no one will notice.”

Seunghyun lunged for the younger man, pulling him shrieking into bed. They lay back on the pillows, quietly watching each other. “This is what I want to do all week long,” Seunghyun murmured. “Just lay in bed with you all day.”

Heechul flushed that charming pink that Seunghyun loved so much. “No sightseeing? No eating?”

“I can see all the sights right here,” Seunghyun replied, causing Heechul to roll his eyes. “And as for eating...” he looked Heechul up and down, his lips lasciviously.

“Oh my god,” Heechul laughed and tried to roll out of bed.

Seunghyun pulled him back and pressed their lips together. He was pleased when Heechul responded eagerly. He ran his hands down Heechul's sides, gently moving his hands under his shirt. He was rewarded with a whimper and Heechul tugging his hair.

 

Their kisses became more frantic, their bodies grinding faster against each other. Heechul began to Seunghyun's shirt, and the lawyer pulled back a little. “Heechul,” he said softly.

Heechul smiled. “Make love to me, Seunghyun.”

 

The sounds Heechul made that day would be forever imprinted on Seunghyun's brain. The absolute trust that the younger man had placed in him, the look of bliss on his face at the moment of , the way the sun that streamed through the window kissed Heechul's skin made for an absolutely perfect moment in time. Afterwards, Heechul curled up against Seunghyun, laying his head on his shoulder, one arm and one leg slung across him. Seunghyun wrapped his arms around his husband's waist, resting his head on Heechul's.

“How are you?” Seunghyun asked softly.

“Really good,” Heechul replied. “That was incredible.” He yawned.

“Time for a nap?”

“Mmm.” Heechul fell quiet, and his breaths soon evened out. Seunghyun stared at the ceiling, running his fingers through Heechul's hair before falling asleep himself.

 

 

Darkness had fallen when Seunghyun and Heechul woke up again. Fingers and mouths frantically met in the shadows as Heechul moved on top of his husband. His cries echoed Seunghyun's growls in a cacophony of pleasure as they chased their s, ing at the same time. Seunghyun had the fleeting thought that he should clean them off, but instead rolled them over so that he was spooned behind Heechul.

 

 

The next time Seunghyun cracked his eyes open, the sun was filling the room. Heechul stirred with a groan, before flipping over to face Seunghyun.

“Morning, beautiful,” Seunghyun murmured, leaning forward to kiss Heechul's forehead. “How do you feel?”

“Mmm.” Heechul yawned and stretched.

Seunghyun eyed him and his lips.

Heechul caught Seunghyun's look and rolled his eyes. “Ugh, you're gross. But to answer your question, I feel hungry. And a bit dehydrated.”

Seunghyun yawned himself. “It's probably been about twenty four hours since we've eaten. What do you think? Should we head out and look for some food?”

It took some time for them to get going, since Seunghyun decided Heechul's body was more tempting and delectable than any meal. After a satisfying romp in the shower, the honeymooners finally stumbled from the house to the rental car in search for food.

 

 

They found a small hole-in-the-wall diner and loaded up on cheap fare. It was delicious, and what was meant to be a quick bite turned into a long and leisurely lunch.

“It's not like we're in a hurry,” Heechul supplied, eyes lighting up at a second serving of dumplings being dropped off at the table.

“People are going to think you're pregnant,” Seunghyun teased.

Heechul stuck out his tongue. “Can I help it if my husband insists upon burning calories nonstop?”

“I didn't hear you complaining.”

Heechul just ignored him.

 

 

After lunch, they decided to hike their way around town just to see what they could see. The natural wonders were breathtaking, and more than once they found themselves in speechless awe. They took countless selfies, and stopped one more time to eat before making their way back to the car. Back at the house, Heechul prepared them some tea. “Any ideas for tomorrow?” he asked.

“Something like today- , food, and sightseeing.”

Heechul laughed. “You have a one-track mind, I swear.”

“You know there's nothing better!” Seunghyun protested.

Heechul just shook his head, pouring out their tea. They took their mugs and headed out to a patio off the kitchen. The view was green and flowering, and the sun was setting. They sat quietly, sipping their tea and leaning against each other. Heechul drowsed, and Seunghyun took the mug from his hands before he dropped it. He lifted Heechul carefully, and carried him to bed.

 

 

They spent the rest of the week like that. They explored during the day, and cuddled up at the house during the evening. They talked more than ever, and enjoyed getting to know each other. As the week drew to a close, both seemed to feel that they were even better suited for each other than they had first realized.

 

 

On Saturday afternoon, they had to cut their sightseeing short. Heechul had fallen ill with stomach pains. He was pale, and by the time they made it back to the house he was throwing up. Seunghyun helped him change into pajamas and settle into bed. He drove to the nearest pharmacy to purchase tea, crackers, and anti-nausea medicine. When he got back, he found Heechul curled up on the bathroom floor in front of the toilet. Sitting him up, Seunghyun wiped his face and gave him some medicine.

“I'm sorry,” Heechul whispered.

“Shhh,” Seunghyun leaned forward and kissed Heechul's forehead. “It's probably food poisoning. We need to keep you hydrated and rested.”

Heechul pouted as Seunghyun led him back to bed. He slept the rest of the night, waking only once when Seunghyun insisted he eat. He didn't get sick again, leading them both to believe that it was only a mild case. Seunghyun stayed up a little while longer, cleaning and packing so that there was less to do in the morning. When he slid into bed, Heechul curled up to him, instinctively seeking out his husband.

 

 

Seunghyun was up first the next morning. He padded downstairs to make coffee, then took his mug out onto the patio. The air was cloudy and cool, with a brisk breeze blowing. A few birds were singing, and Seunghyun closed his eyes.

Soft footsteps interrupted his reverie, and his lap was soon full of his husband. “Hey baby,” he murmured, kissing under Heechul's chin. “Feeling any better?”

“Yeah.” Heechul snuggled down to curl into Seunghyun's chest. “I'm sorry I ruined our honeymoon,” he said softly.

“You didn't ruin anything. This week has been fun and restful, which I needed. Your presence made everything better.”

Heechul smiled up at him. “I kinda like you.”

Seunghyun pouted. “Only kinda?”

“I'm not going to be responsible for your ego getting bigger.”

“When you're feeling better, I'm going to spank you.”

Heechul yawned. “I look forward to it.”