Idea!

A Suitable Boy

Heechul was startled awake by Seunghyun's alarm. He stretched and rubbed his face, not used to being up so early. His motion to get out of bed was halted by Seunghyun wrapping his long limbs around his new husband. Heechul couldn't help blushing. “Seunghyun, you need to get up.”

“Nuh-uh.”

Heechul giggled, but tried to to remain firm. “Come on. You need to get up and get ready for work.”

“No, I need to do this,” and Seunghyun began nuzzling Heechul's neck.

Heechul squealed and squirmed, unable to escape Seunghyun's clutches. Finally, he reached back and began tickling.

Seunghyun shrieked and flung himself to the other side of the bed. “No fair! Sneak attack!”

Heechul laughed and got out of bed. He turned the lamp on the nightstand to low. “Time to get a wiggle on.”

Seunghyun smiled softly at him. “You look so beautiful right now,” he murmured.

Heechul blushed brightly and threw a pillow at the other man. “Just... get in the shower,” he huffed, turning away.

Seunghyun's chuckles followed him out of the room.

 

 

Heechul shuffled down the hall to the kitchen, turning the lights on a tick above dim and switching on the heated floor. It may still be summer, but marble was cold in the mornings. Yawning, Heechul the French press and began rummaging through the pantry. Deciding to indulge Seunghyun's sweet tooth, Heechul began pulling out ingredients for Scotch pancakes. He smiled as Seunghyun walked in wearing a deep blue robe, sniffing the air. He his lips and grinned. Moving towards Heechul, Seunghyun reminded him of a panther- graceful and majestic. He blushed once again as Seunghyun embraced him from behind, breathing deeply.

“You smell as good as you look,” Seunghyun said huskily.

“Seunghyun, if you make me burn these pancakes, I will spank you.”

“That's not really an incentive for me to stop, babe.”

A faint beeping noise from the finished coffee cut of Heechul's retort. He raised an eyebrow at Seunghyun.

Seunghyun groaned. “I'm only letting you go because I need fuel.”

Heechul snorted and continued making breakfast.

Seunghyun sipped languidly from his mug and watched Heechul work. “So what delicious treat will be baking today?”

Heechul baked every few days. He waited until one recipe was completely eaten before beginning a new one. “Actually, I baked last night.” He pointed to a glass jar that housed pink macarons.

Seunghyun squealed and practically ran to it, lifting the lid and inhaling deeply. “They smell so good,” he breathed. “What kind are they?”

Heechul giggled at Seunghyun's obvious glee. “Strawberry with chocolate filling.”

Seunghyun studied the cookies, then picked one up. “They're heart shaped!” he exclaimed, eyes sparkling.

Heechul shrugged, embarrassed, and moved to set the table.

Seunghyun popped the treat in his mouth, grinning. “Marrying you was the greatest idea ever!”

Heechul rolled his eyes, still blushing. “Would you just sit down so we can eat?”

Seunghyun sat down with a chuckle.

 

 

After they were finished, Heechul gathered their dishes. “What do you want for lunch today?”

Seunghyun stretched, and grabbed the glasses. “Heechul, you know you don't have to get up every morning to fix me breakfast and lunch, right? It's perfectly alright for you to remain burrowed in bed.”

Heechul blushed as he loaded the dishwasher. “I know. It's just... you work so hard and pretty much bring home the bacon and I want to help, to make your life a little easier.” He closed the dishwasher and stared at his feet.

Seunghyun wrapped his arms around Heechul's waist, pulling him close. “Heechul, I hope you don't think that's why I married you. I want a partner, not a nursemaid and cook.”

Heechul trembled as Seunghyun pressed a kiss to his forehead.

“I know I tease sometimes, but I promise, I married you for you.”

Heechul smiled up at Seunghyun as a tear trickled from his eye.

Seunghyun kissed it, then gently kissed Heechul's lips. “Now go back to sleep.”

“I will,” Heechul chuckled. “After I make you lunch.”

Seunghyun just shook his head as he headed to their bedroom to get dressed for the day.

 

 

 

 

It was Heechul's day off, and he wanted to keep busy. He showered and changed, and straightened up a little. He cleaned everyday, so there wasn't too much for him to do in that respect. He flipped through all the channels twice before turning off the television, and soon falling asleep on the couch.

 

 

He woke in the afternoon, and fixed himself a light lunch. He still felt weird in their shared home, like it wasn't really his. He felt like he was house-sitting for someone and that any minute the real owners would walk in and Heechul would have to return to the bed and breakfast. The two bedroom penthouse was warmly decorated, filled with things they both liked. Heechul wasn't quite sure what he liked, but Seunghyun encouraged him, reminding him that it was Heechul's apartment as well. Heechul sighed. He didn't know what was wrong with him. So far he liked being married to Seunghyun, and he liked living with him. Seunghyun was funny and kind. Of course, he was gone for most of the day at work. The case was winding down, so they were double-timing it. But as tired as Seunghyun was when arrived home, he always asked about Heechul's day. He seemed genuinely interested, asking Heechul about the book he was reading, or his customers, even Mr. Lee. Heechul wasn't used to having someone interested in him. He was usually a background character.

 

 

Sighing, Heechul headed into the kitchen. Baking usually calmed his nerves, and he decided a quick and easy loaf of bread would be the way to go. If he tried anything more complicated, he would probably burst into tears from the stress.

 

 

He burst into tears anyway. He had no idea what his problem was. The bread was a beautiful golden color and the apartment smelled divine. He washed his face and drank a tall glass of water, trying to calm himself down. The opening of the front door startled him, and he walked into the living room to see Seunghyun leading Jiyong, Daesung, Youngbae, and Seungri in.

“Oh,” Heechul said. “Hi.”

Seunghyun smiled warmly. “Hey babe. Did you get my text?”

Heechul spotted his phone on the coffee table and picked it up.

Bringing the boys home after work. Hope that's okay.

Heechul smiled faintly. “Of course it's okay. I just wish I had checked this earlier. I could have had dinner waiting for you guys.”

“We're not fussy,” Youngbae grinned. “I can't imagine having to take care of Seunghyun.”

Seunghyun stuck his tongue out.

“We can eat that,” Seungri said, pointing to the bread. “That must be why this place smells so good.”

“No you can't!” Heechul cried out when Seungri reached out for the loaf. He then blushed when he realized everyone was staring at him in shock. “It's just... I just...,”he swallowed. “... cried a little while making it. Now it's more of a... sorrow bread.” He flopped onto the sofa and buried his face in his knees.

“Heechul?” Seunghyun asked softly, sitting down next to him.

Sighing, Heechul raised his head. “I'm sorry. I didn't mean to embarrass you.”

“You didn't!”

“It's just... I'm married to someone I know a little more than a stranger and living in a house that isn't mine-”

“It is yours,” Seunghyun insisted.

“- and it feels like a dream and I feel so discombobulated.” He sighed again.

 

 

Suddenly, Jiyong sat on the floor by Heechul's feet, smiling gently. “I come from a very small town, and when I first moved here for college I felt the same way- unsure of myself in my unreal surroundings. I'm an only child, and my dad had died when I was just a little kid. It had been just my mom and I for so long, that I cried almost everyday for the first month. Then, one day, there was a knock on my door. On the other side was the most beautiful boy I had ever seen.” He paused and smiled up at Daesung, who smiled back and winked. “He had a plate of cookies. He had heard me crying and wanted to make it stop. So he sat with me and talked to me and held my hand, and I began to feel better. After than, whenever I missed home, I would visit Daesung and he would always manage to cheer me up.”

“He missed home a lot more after that,” Daesung grinned.

Jiyong threw a pillow at him. “The point is,” he turned back to Heechul. “It's okay to be a little homesick, especially in a unique situation like yours.” He smiled.

Heechul couldn't help but smile back.

“Especially if you're married to Seunghyun,” Youngbae quipped.

“Thanks, ,” Seunghyun replied, gently taking Heechul's hand.

 

 

“Idea!” Seungri called from the kitchen.

The others groaned.

“We divide this bread between the five of us, to help swallow Heechul's tears so that he feels better.”

Heechul smiled. “That's so sweet, Seungri.”

“Seungri stop flirting with my husband.”

Heechul giggled and turned to face Seunghyun. The lawyer winked at him, lifting Heechul's fingers to kiss them. Heechul melted.

“On second thought, that's not such a good idea,” Seungri said, mouth full. “This bread isn't that good. You guys wouldn't like it. Sorry Heechul.” He moved the plate a little farther down the counter, away from the others. He was eating a little bit faster.

“Are you sure, Ri?” Youngbae asked, standing up from his chair. “It looks like you like it well enough.”

Youngbae, Daesung, and Jiyong pounced. They pushed Seungri to the floor and grabbed the bread for themselves. Heechul and Seunghyun got up and walked around the counter, to find Youngbae sitting on Seungri, eating some of the bread. Jiyong was sitting on a stool, and Daesung leaned against the counter.

“This is pretty good sorrow bread,” Daesung said. “You'll have to give me the recipe.”

“Sure.”

“Heechul, Seunghyun says you fix him three meals a day? On top of the baking?” Youngbae asked.

Heechul nodded, smiling shyly.

Youngbae sighed deeply. “You're spoiling him, you know. He's going to become insufferable.”

“You mean more than he is now?” Seungri asked.

 

 

The guys stayed for a few more hours. They refused to let Heechul cook for them, saying he deserved a break. They ordered pizza and settled into the living room. Heechul relaxed more and more as the night progressed and slowly opened up to Seunghyun and his friends. They were all kind and attentive.

“You sure lucked out man,” Youngbae said to Seunghyun on his way out the door when they were all leaving.

Seunghyun just smirked and looked proud of himself.

 

 

Once they were alone again and had cleaned up, Seunghyun pulled Heechul into his arms. “I'm sorry I didn't notice you were hurting,” he said softly.

“It's fine. It's not a constant... thing. It's taking some getting used to, but usually I'm fine. Today was just overwhelming for some reason. I still don't know why.”

Seunghyun cupped Heechul's cheeks gently. “I promise I'll start being more attentive.”

Before Heechul could say anything else, Seunghyun kissed him. Heechul sighed and opened his mouth, Seunghyun's tongue slowly sliding in. Heechul whimpered and slid his arms around his husband's neck. Seunghyun's fingers slid gently up and down Heechul's back. His tenderness had Heechul feeling treasured, and he felt a little weak in the knees.

Seunghyun finally pulled back. “Let's get some sleep,” he said softly, running his thumb over Heechul's bottom lip and smiling warmly.

Heechul smiled back, blushing and biting his bottom lip. “Okay.”

Seunghyun took his hand and Heechul allowed himself to be led.


Heechul and Seunghyun's bedroom:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

 

Heechul and Seunghyun's Kitchen:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic