Well... You're Pretty

A Suitable Boy

One month later....

 

 

In a room in the back of a small church, Seunghyun checked his reflection in an old mirror positioned over a small vanity. His hair was perfectly coiffed, his suit was pressed and sharp. He bit his lip and fiddled with his grandfather's silver cufflinks that had been passed down father to son throughout the generations. He was marrying Heechul today. Seunghyun was excited, but nervous. He worried about being able to care for Heechul, about being able to make him happy. The kiss they shared at the end of their last date had cemented everything for Seunghyun. He knew Heechul was the one. He had heard stories of “something shifted deep inside” and “everything feeling right”, but he had always thought it was an exaggeration. Now he knew how accurate those sentiments were. The first time he realized it he chuckled at himself for being so sentimental. But he thought about that kiss often, and was a little giddy at the prospect of a lifetime of them. A knock on the door interrupted his thoughts and his parents walked in.

“You look handsome,” Mr. Choi said.

“Of course I do. I inherited Mom's genes.”

A smack to the back of the head had Seunghyun spluttering.

“Heechul looks handsome, too,” Mrs. Choi added.

Seunghyun perked up. “Really? You've seen him? How is he?”

“He's fine,” Mrs. Choi smiled. “Nervous though.”

Seunghyun bit his lip. “Do you think he's having second thoughts.”

“No. Its just nerves. It's normal before a wedding. I even had them.”

“Are you sure it wasn't just morning sickness?” Seunghyun teased.

He got a second smack to the back of the head for that one.

 

 

Heechul was as stunning as ever. His hair was swept back into a bun, with his bangs in a swoop to the left. His eyes were lightly lined, and his pouty lips had the slightest bit of color. He wore a black suit with a white bow tie, which drew attention to his face. He kept biting his lip and fidgeting and Seunghyun couldn't take his eyes off of him. Noticing Heechul's hands were trembling, Seunghyun reached out and grabbed them, squeezing softly. Heechul blushed, and Seunghyun couldn't help but reach out to touch his cheek, shifting a little closer.

 

 

There were only a small handful of guests- The Chois; Mrs. Kim; the rest of their college friends; four of Seunghyun's friends; and two of Heechul's. After reciting their vows, Seunghyun kissed Heechul gently and chastely to a round of applause. Mrs. Choi and Mrs. Kim clung to each other in girlish glee. Mr. Choi beamed. Everyone stood to throw rice as Seunghyun escorted Heechul out of the church and into a limousine.

“So,” Seunghyun said. “Here we are.”

Heechul smiled. “It seems so surreal, doesn't it?” He turned to look out of the window.

“Yeah, it did happen pretty quickly.”

“I tried to talk Mom into dessert only, but she was all, something something vegetables, and you're not a child anymore.” Heechul shrugged.

Seunghyun laughed. “At least you made the effort. But don't worry- you have a lifetime to bake for me.”

Heechul arched an eyebrow. “That's the only reason you're marrying me, isn't it?”

“I mean, I don't want to say it out loud- oof!” Seunghyun grunted from a light jab to the ribs by his new husband. Chuckling, he wrapped an arm around Heechul's shoulders and pulled him closer.

 

 

The reception was held in a banquet room at an upper class restaurant owned by Seunghyun's Uncle Dongwook. There was a cake and a dessert bar, much to Seunghyun's obvious excitement. Because there was a small number of people, Dongwook was able to offer various entrees according to everyone's taste. Heechul and Seunghyun had their own table, while the other guests were divided between two tables. Seunghyun noticed Heechul was shy and quiet, so he kept his attention focused solely on his new husband. He would feed Heechul bites of food, squeeze his hand, or kiss his forehead.

“Chulie, you're not eating,” Dongwook said, standing behind Heechul's chair.

“Sorry, Wookie,” Heechul replied bashfully. “Just nerves I guess.”

“Want me to whip you up something else?”

“No, I'm okay.”

Dongwook pressed a kiss to the back of Heechul's head and moved off to talk to Doojoon.

Seunghyun brushed his fingers across Heechul's cheek, making him blush. Heechul turned to him with a soft smile. “Are you alright?” Seunghyun murmured.

Heechul exhaled shakily. “Yeah.”

Seunghyun just raised an eyebrow.

Laughing, Heechul snuggled into Seunghyun. “I'm fine, I promise. It's really just nerves. I just wish I could relax, this is annoying.”

Seunghyun relaxed himself, and buried his nose in Heechul's hair. He caught his father's eye and winked. “Maybe you'll feel better when we get home.”

Dongwook returned, bearing a teapot and two cups. Heechul sighed in relief and began to pour.

Seunghyun frowned after Dongwook. “Do you think we'll ever be like that?”

“Like what?” Heechul passed Seunghyun a cup.

“Be able to just know what the other person needs at that moment.”

“Of course,” Heechul replied as he blew on his tea. “It's just going to take time. We've only known each other a month.”

Seunghyun leaned back in his chair and smiled at Heechul. “It seems you've already mastered the knack of saying the right things.”

Heechul shrugged. “I read a lot.”

Seunghyun chuckled again.

 

 

Suddenly a soft, classical melody poured over the speakers. Seunghyun turned to Heechul and held out his hand. “Shall we?”

Heechul's eyes widened. “In front of all these people?”

“Of course.” Seunghyun tugged Heechul out of his chair and over to a small area of the banquet room that had been designated as the dance floor. Seunghyun wrapped an around Heechul's waist and pulled him close, squeezing their joined hands together.

Heechul blushed deeply. “Everyone is staring.”

“Of course. We're the stars of the show.”

Heechul bit his lip. “I'm glad the wedding wasn't any bigger.”

Seunghyun leaned back and studied the young brunette. “You really don't like being the center of attention, do you?”

Heechul shook his head.

Seunghyun moved both arms to Heechul's waist and pulled him closer as Heechul's arms moved around his neck. “You know I won't let anything happen to you, right? I will protect you.”

Heechul pressed his forehead to Seunghyun's and closed his eyes.

Seunghyun didn't say anything. He just swayed them gently and breathed in the scent of his new husband.

 

 

The song ended and everyone applauded. Heechul blushed and ducked his head.

“Does this mean it's time for cake?” Seunghyun asked, making everyone laugh.

“You truly have a one track mind, I swear,” Heechul teased as they walked over to the dessert table.

The three-tiered cake was elegant simplicity, which Seunghyun could appreciate. Nothing overly grand or frilly: even the small clusters of flowers in Heechul's favorite color weren't over the top. Each layer was a different flavor. The top layer that Seunghyun and Heechul were keeping for themselves was chocolate. Seunghyun didn't think anyone loved chocolate as much as he did, but seeing Heechul's eyes sparkle at the double fudge flavor at their cake tasting made Seunghyun giddy. And when Heechul had shown up to the rehearsal dinner with homemade chocolate macarons, Seunghyun was over the moon. They sliced a small piece, dividing it to feed each other. Heechul went first, feeding Seunghyun cleanly. Seunghyun managed to get in a few to Heechul's fingers, smirking as Heechul's cheeks flamed the most alluring red. He wasn't as tidy while feeding Heechul, managing to get icing in Heechul's nose and then leaning in to it off. Heechul squealed and batted Seunghyun away. Everyone laughed, and a camera clicked.

“This is going on this year's Christmas cards, Chulie,” Heejin laughed.

Heechul stuck his tongue out.

Mrs. Choi peeked over her shoulder. “No, that's a screensaver.”

“No, put it on the inn's website!” Jungsoo volunteered.

“Send me a copy!” Seunghyun begged.

 

 

After dessert, Seunghyun danced with his mother.

“How are you feeling, my darling?” She asked.

Seunghyun sighed happily. He looked over at Heechul chatting with his two friends, and smiled. “Settled.”

Mrs. Choi beamed. “Good.”

 

 

Next to dance were Heechul and his mother. They spoke earnestly in low tones. Seunghyun wished he could hear what they were saying- Heechul looked distressed. Heejin pulled Heechul in to her arms and held him tightly. Seunghyun wondered if he should do something when he felt a hand on his arm, and looked up into the face of his Uncle Dongwook.

“It's alright,” Dongwook said. “It's just a lot for them to take in. It's been the two of them for so long.”

“Do you think they regret it?” Seunghyun asked in a small voice.

“Not at all,” Dongwook replied firmly. “Heejin is thrilled that her son has a good man who will love and take care of him. It's a relief for her.”

“And Heechul?”

“Well... you're pretty.”

Seunghyun snorted. “Thanks a lot.”

Dongwook laughed. “Don't worry. You guys like each other and you have an excellent support group. You'll be fine.”

 

 

Seunghyun and Heechul were unable to go on a honeymoon right away because of Seunghyun's work. His firm was still working on the huge, multi-million dollar case and needed all hands on deck. Luckily, he was able to leave early the night of the rehearsal dinner, although he didn't think his bosses really believed he was getting married. When the reception ended, they loaded up Seunghyun's car and headed towards their new home.

 



a/n:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic