Chapter 30

Forever and Always

As they enter the house its gives her a very cozy feeling. She remembered the times that they spent there together with ChangSun’s family. Inside the house is MinJi and Joon’s dad, they didn’t waste time talking and they told her all the things that happened to Joon.

After listening to the stories, NaYeon decided to go and take a look at Joon. He is inside the guest room. He is sleeping and NaYeon decided to take a look at him, she sat beside him and she look at his face. “We are not that young.” he said as he can see that the latter matured. “You cut your hair short now, but still it suits you.” she said and was about to hold on to his face but he changed position so NaYeon stand u. “I’ll see you in the morning.”  she said and went to her own room.

The morning comes and NaYeon is not yet awake, she’s too tired to wake up early. Bana and her family just let her because they understand that she is exhausted from travelling. NaYeon opened her eyes and the sun shines so brightly. She looks at her phone and decided to fix herself before she go down.

“ChangSun ah, do you know who is here?” Man Sae asked. Joon is just looking outside. “ChangSun ah, this girl is here.” he showed NaYeon’s picture.

“Still no response.” Bana sighed.

NaYeon came and she saw them in the garden. “Mama.” she called. She saw ChangSun’s back and she felt nervous.

“Oh, you are awake.” she said and extended her arms. “Come.”

NaYeon walk towards them and then she looks at Joon, he saw that the latter is emotionless. “He’s like this?” she asked.

ManSae and Bana nods.

Joon look at her as he heard her voice.

“ChangSun oppa.” She whispered and slowly walk towards him. “How are you?” she asked and about to hold his hand when Joon suddenly stood up and pushed her away. She fell on the ground, shocked.

Joon is crying and angry, he is shaking and whimpering.

Bana went to assist NaYeon. “I am sorry NaYeon ah.”

“ChangSun ah, calmed down.” ManSae coaxed him. “Shhh, its okay. She’s here to help you.”

“He really hates me.” NaYeon said. “I am sorry.” she said as she stands up.

“This will be a little hard, but you need to endure it.” said ManSae.

NaYeon nods at him. “I will take charge here.” She said to Bana. “Mama, are you going to stay here too?”

“You need someone to take care of you…”

NaYeon shook her head. “I will be okay Mama. ManSae oppa. You have work right?” she asked.

“Are you going to take this all by yourself?” ManSae asked.

“Neh. I will, I’ll make sure that he will take his meds on time and I will take care of him.” she said to them.

Though ManSae is a bit worried about leaving the two alone, he know’s that his cousin will take good care of Joon. NaYeon bit her goodbye to Bana and ManSae.

“So I guess, it’s just the two of us here.” she said to Joon. She sat beside him. “Now, what should we do?” she plans to do the things that will help him to be better. She decided to write it on the paper. “Oh, before I forget.” she said to him. “Hi, my name is Kim NaYeon, I am your friend and I am now in charge in taking care of you.” she extends her hand for a handshake and Joon is just looking at her. So she decided to take his hand and do a handshake. “That’s what you should do.” she smiled.

For the rest of the day she’s with Joon, she read a book to her and she read some fan mails.

“Did you hear that? They said you should get better because they miss you.” she said to him.

She opened the t.v. so joon will watch Music bank, and she will cook food for them.

“There are so many new groups now right.” she said talking to Joon while cooking. “Don’t you miss dancing and singing?” she asked but still no response. “Oh that’s Onew right, your best friend.” she said.

As she finished cooking, she placed the food in the center table. She cooked scrambled egg and pasta.

“I hope you will like this…” she said as she started to feed him.

Well, Joon is taking the food that she offers. They finished watching music bank and NaYEon is happy because Onew greeted her and Joon in the show, he is the MC for that day.

“Should we invite our friends?” she asked Joon and the latter looked at her. “I will take that as a yes okay.” she said to him.

For days they did the same routine again and again. Her parents call her everyday to check about them. Joon is not fighting her like for the past days, sometimes he throws the food that she gave him and didn’t drink his medicine on time. NaYeon tries to understand his situation, she knows that the latter is suffering too.

Early morning, NaYeon is doing her ballet routine in the small studio in the house. Her student called her because the certain student is joining a contest and she needs the help of her teacher. Well NaYeon is not in the good shape to dance, she’s tired doing the house shores and taking care of Joon, sometimes she can’t sleep.

“I am really sorry Ma’am.” said her student. “Sir Peter told me about you going to Korea, and I am sorry to bother you for this.”

NaYeon smiled to her student, they are using skype in order to se each other. “Its okay, Katy, I know this contest is important to you, and I am always willing to help. So let’s try it again.” technically she didn’t use her ballet shoes that is why her foot is aching. So they tried it again, she didn’t know that Joon is looking at her. When she does her pirouette, she lost her balance and she fell with a thud. “Aish.” she said as she run her hands through her hair. “I am sorry.” she said to Katy.

 

“Oh my gosh, are you okay Ma’am.” Katy is worried.

NaYeon showed a thumbs up sign but then she’s clutching her feet. She was about to stand up when she felt someone hold on to her waist. “ChangSun?” she is surprised. The latter helped her to settle in the sofa. And he looks at her foot. She smiled at him. “I am fine.” she said ans smiled. “Are you hungry?” she asked and Joon blink his eyes. “I guess you are.” then she looks at the laptop. “Katy, I think we need to continue this later.” she said and she saw Katy giggled.

“Your boyfriend is so handsome ma’am.” she smiled. “It’s okay ma’am, I will call later.”

They ended the video call and then she looks at Joon. “Lets go to the kitchen.” she stood up and her feet is aching but she didn’t mind it, it’s the first time that Joon did something to her so she is happy about it. She feeds him and then the latter took a bath. They NaYeon continued her class with her student, this time she’s in the garden so the place is refreshing.

Joon finished taking a bath and then he went to the garden and sit infront of NaYeon. NaYeon smiled at him. “Nah, oppa, do you remember dancing ballet?” she asked. No response but she continues to talk while teaching her student.

Joon is looking at her and he felt something different towards her.

The class ended after three hours.

“What should we do now??” she asked Joon. “Oh, come let’s watch some of MBLAQ’s music videos.” she holds on to Joon’s hands and they went inside the house. The first video that she showed is ‘Oh Yeah’ hoping that Joon will respond.

Joon is looking at the T.V. screen all through out the video.

“Don’t you miss it? Look at you.” said NaYeon. “That’s what you want to do.” she looks at him. “I know you will be okay.” she smiled.

 

Day’s turned into months and there is a slight change towards Joon. NaYeon is still there taking care of him.

“Hey, can we visit there?” Onew is talking to her on the phone.

“Is it okay to your schedules?” she asked.

“Of course we will lend time for the visit, don’t tell me you forgot your own birthday?” he reminded.

“Eh?” NaYeon said.

“Yah, three days from now, its your birthday.” he sighed.

“Mian, I forgot, I am busy thinking about ChangSun oppa.”

“Arraso. But we will celebrate it with you, I will call the MBLAQ boys and we will have a party there, we also want to see hyung.” he said excitedly.

“Neh, its all up to you guys.” she said while smiling. Then she saw Joon looking at her. “Onew oppa, I think ChangSun oppa wants to sleep now.”

“Why?” he asked.

“Because he is looking at me. He is like this, sometimes he just tugged me and sometimes he is angry at me. You know his bipolar attitude.” She laughs.

“Well then go and tuck him to bed. See you in three days.”

NaYeon accompanied Joon is his bedroom, he is sleeping beside him and the latter is comfortable with it.

“Hey oppa, don’t you know that three days from now its my birthday.” she said looking at him. “Remember when we are kids, we used to celebrate my birthday together. The last time that we celebrate it is when we went to the amusement park with MinHyuk oppa and MinJi unnie.” She sighed when she didn’t get any response from Joon. “Okay, lets just go to sleep.” She said and faced the other side and then she felt arms around her, Joon is hugging her. “Good night.” she said.

 

 

Something happened the night before her birthday.

“Surprise!”

NaYeon got surprised about it because the door just burst open revealing, SHINee and MBLAQ boys are there, she and Joon are currently watching Joon’s drama where he played as CheonDeung.

“Whoa! You guys are here.” she stood up and hug all of them.

“Hyung!” the younger ones sat beside Joon. And Joon got surprised about it and was about to retort back but NaYeon coaxed him.

“Oppa, I already told you about them right, they are your friends remember all the videos that we watched, look its them right.” the boys are looking at NaYeon. “Look, this is SeungHo oppa, G.O. oopa, CheonDeung, Mir, Onew oppa, JongHyun oppa, Minho, Key Oppa, and TaeMinnie. They are all your friends.” she said and then Joon relaxed a bit.

“Wow, you did great in handling this.” said Onew as he put his arms around NaYeon’s shoulders.

“Are you taking care of yourself?” G.O asked her. “Look at you, you seem tired.”

“I am okay oppa, I am just stressed. You know things like this is really new to me, and I really want him to get better.”

“Let’s not talk about stressful things okay, tomorrow is your birthday and we need to enjoy.” said SeungHo.

“We already brought the things that we need for your birthday.” Key snatched her away from Onew and he hugged her. “Oh my, I’ll make sure that you look pretty tomorrow, you have your make up with you right...?”

NaYeon laughed and nods at Key. “It’s not really a formal party right? Its just us.”

“Yeah, its just us but we will enjoy it for sure.” JongHyun added.

“Hey why don’t we show Joon hyung our dances?” Mir suggested.

“Yeah! That is a great idea.” said G.O.

 

They all settled in the living room, Joon is sitting beside NaYeon in the sofa beside her in Onew and the other SHINee boys.

“Oppa, your group will perform.” she said to Joon.

G.O. played the music, ‘Smoky Girl’

Even after so many years the boys are still synchronized in their dance steps. After them the SHINee boys performed their songs. The MBLAQ boys talked with Joon in the living room, while NaYeon and the SHINee boys are in the poolside.

“This place is really good.” said Key. “We should place the table there tomorrow and let’s put some balloons in the pool.” he is planning for NaYeon’s party tomorrow.

“Bummie oppa is that necessary?” she asked.

“Yes of course. This is like a reunion to all of us.” said Key.

“What ever you like oppa.” She smiled at him.

“How’s hyung?” Onew asked.

“Sometimes he is okay, sometimes not, his bipolar side is attacking him and its kinda hard to deal with it.”

“But there is a progress right?” TaeMIn asked.

“Yes, there is. And I am hoping that he can talk again. Hows life in K-pop world?”

“Well, its okay, there are new guys who keeps up. In the industry they treat us as their hyungs and sunbaes. We are treated as legend, especially Super Junior hyungs and DBSK.” said MinHo.

“Time flies so fast.” said NaYeon. “You guys don’t have any plans about getting married?”

The boys shook their heads.

“We are still enjoying things, and we are still looking.” said JongHyun.

“How about you?” Onew asked her. “You still love hyung right?”

“Neh, I still love him, I will stay here beside him until he gets better and we will know what will happen next.” she said.

 

Inside the house, the MBLAQ boys are telling something to Joon, and they are hoping that he will talk very soon.

“Joon hyung, noona really loves you.” said Mir.

“So hyung please get better.” said Thunder.

“We will dance again once you get better…” said SeungHo.

“Dance.” said Joon.

“Whoa!” the boys shouted.

“What did you say?” G.O. asked. “Come on Joon say it again.”

“I’ll call noona.” said Mir as he hurriedly went to the poolside. “Noona!”

“What h appened Mir?” she asked.

“Hyung, hyung.” he said.

“What happened to ChangSun?” she asked again.

“He spoke.” said Mir and they all went inside the living room.

“Is it true?” said Onew.

“He said dance.” said SeungHo.

“That’s very good.” said Key we are one step closer.

“Oh me.” NaYeon sat beside Joon. “Oppa…” she smiled and hug him.

They spend the night celebrating and they sleep before midnight. NaYeon and Joon are already inside their room.

“I aged oppa, how I wish we didn’t age. I hope you can talk now.” she said to him, the latter is already sleeping beside her. She looked at the clock. “Happy Birthday to me.” and then she finally closes her eyes.

 

The following morning.

“Oh come on guy, lets hurry.” said Key to the other boys. “We need this table there.” he is like a mom who gives commands to her children.

“Is Key like this everyday in your dorm?” Mir asked TaeMin.

TaeMin nods at him. “Yeah, he is such a mom.”

“The balloons, go and fill it with air.” Key said to MinHo

“Neh hyung.” said MinHo.

Basically, Key is the first one to wake up so early and he wake up his fellow Shinee members and MBLAQ guys. The good thing is he already cooked breakfast for all of them. They are going to set up the poolside for the dinner later in the evening, he also asked the other boys to do a banner saying ‘Happy Birthday NaYeon’ and they are going to post it in the living room. The boys whinned because they can buy a banner saying happy birthday but Key wants it to be hand made. SO no one can break what Diva Key said.

Joon is already there, he got awake early this time and he saw the boys are doing something.

“Hyung, today is the especial day of NaYeon, you should help us.” said Mir to him and because of that SeungHo hit Mir’s head. “Yah hyung, wae?”

“Your hyung is not capable of doing all this thing now.” said Seungho.

“I am just kidding.” said Mir.

Joon smiled to them.

“Hey, is this new? Did NaYEon mentioned that Joon is smiling?” G.O. asked.

“No, she didn’t say it.” Onew replied. “But its nice to see him smile again.”

“Are you excited hyung?” TaeMIn asked. Joon just smile.

“I can feel it; he will be better any time soon.” said Key.

 

NaYeon stirred from her sleep, as she opens her eyes she saw the curtains open and Joon is not beside him, she looked at the clock and she saw its late already.

“Omo.” she said and get off of the bed and hurriedly went down. And then she saw the banner saying Happy Birthday NaYeon. She smiled because of it.

“Happy Birthday!” the boys came together with Joon they all sing happy birthday to her. Onew is the one who has the cake.

“Omo. thank you very much.” she said to them.

“Here, blow your candles.” said Onew.

She blew her candles.

“You guys made this?” she asked about the banners and balloons. The boys nod at her.

“Should we eat lunch now?” Key said.

“You guys cooked?” NaYeon asked.

“Yes.”

“Wow. So this is our celebration?” she keeps asking.

“No.” said Key. “Later in the evening we will celebrate. So Iguess its better if you take a bath first.” he said.

NaYeon nods and went upstairs again.

 

After they ate the lunch that the boys prepared, they watched a movie, they are all in the living rom, Joon is spending time with the MBLAQ boys and NaYEon is sitting beside the Shinee well technically beside Onew and they are doing something in their phones.

“Look, the people greeted you.” Said Onew as they look in their social media accounts. “I’m going to post our picture earlier. The one with the cake.” he said.

“They still remember it.”  she said as she looks in the birthday greetings of the fans for her. There are pictures from years ago.

As Onew posted the picture it gains so many likes and comments. “Hey, look at this comment.”

“What is it?” she looks at the comment. “Its nice to see al of you together, and its nice to see Joon oppa again after so many months. NaYeon unnie, please take good care of him.” she smiled because of the comment.

“See? other fans ship your pairing.” Said Onew. “You should take a picture with him later and we will upload it. He is smiling now.” He said.

“Neh.” NaYeon smiled and she rested her head in Onew’s chest. “I hope he will be okay now.” and then she closes her eyes.

“Look, they fell asleep.” said SeungHo as he noticed Onew and NaYeon.

Joon looked at the two.

 

Around noon, NaYeon and Onew woke up, they didn’t see the other boys.

“Where are the others?” NaYeon asked.

“In the kitchen I guess.” Onew said.

“You awake Princess.” Key arrived. “Come.” he extends his hands. “Lets dress you up.”

“What about the others?” she asked.

“They are going to dress too.” he said and they both went to her room.

“Oppa do we really need to do this?” she asked.

“But of course. you need to be beautiful because this is your party. Can I ask a favor?” he said.

“What is it?”

“Can you dance later? Ballet.”

“Of course oppa, I will.” she smiled.

Key showed her some dresses.

“Oppa, did you bring all this? These are my clothes back home.” she said as she looks at the dresses.

“I asked your mom for this.” he smiled.

NaYeon picked the blue halter dress and then Key put her make up on.

 

Back at the other room, the boys are preparing too, they are not going to wear so formal clothes just a casual one.

“I’m glad that I arrived early than I expected.” said Rain.

“We are really happy that you came hyung.” said SeungHo.

“Noona will be happy.” Said Mir.

“ChangSun ah, you should be better now.” Rain said to Joon. “This kid.” he said as he ruffled his hair.

“I am sure Key hyung is making her beautiful.” Said TaeMin.

“Let’s enjoy this party.” said G.O.

 

After an hour, the boys went to the pool side because Key told them that they are almost ready, he also aske Onew to come up to see NaYeon.

“Whoa.” said Onew as he saw NaYeon. “You look so beautiful.” he said.

“Yes, and that is my creation.” said Key, feeling proud to himself. “I’ll leave you guys okay, and you should him hyung.” He said to Onew.

“Lets’ take a photo.” said Onew.

“Are you goint to post it in your account?” she asked.

“Yes.”

 

“They are going down any minute by now.” Said Key.

After taking a photo, NaYeon and Onew went to the pool side. And there the boys saw NaYeon.

“Wow, you look so good.” said MinHo.

The MBLAQ boys look at Joon’s reaction, the latter is like surprised.

“Look at Hyung’s reaction.” Mir whispered to SeungHo.

The boys are happy to see that reaction; they are sure that Joon’s heart knows that he loves NaYeon.

“Rain oppa.” NaYeon immediately hug Rain.

“Happy birthday.” Rain said to her.

“Thank you for coming here oppa.”

“Its no problem.” he smiled to her.

“Why don’t we take some pictures first?” Onew suggested.

They all gather around and take some pictures, and selcas.

“Joon hyung, take a picture with NaYeon.” Onew said to Joon.

Seems like the latter understood it, he stands beside NaYeon and placed his hands at her back and smiles. Because of that NaYeon smiles too, she’s quite surprised about Joon’s attitude for that day. Onew immediately posted the photo in his social media account.

“You look good oppa.” NaYeon said to Joon.

“Lets eat!” Key announced and the other boys unveiled the menu for dinner.

“Wow.” said NaYeon as she looks at the foods. “You guys cook all these?”

“Yes, we managed to cooked it for you.” said JongHyun.

They all settled on the table, Joon is beside NaYeon and again she feeds him. “It tastes good right.” She said to him.

They all talk and reminisce all the good things that they had. Rain told them sbout the stories that he had shared with Joon when they are still doing some movies and dramas together. While NaYeon told them about her experiences living in Phoenix. Its getting late and they brought their gifts for NaYeon, she is surprised about it because they already prepared a party and they still have gifts for her.

“This is so especial for me. I want to thank all of you.” she said teary eyed. “And because of that, my Key oppa requested something from me.” she stood up and went in front of them. She removed her high heels.

“You are going to dance?” Onew asked and NaYeon smiled.

She dances in the music of Yiruma. She carefully dances her steps. And the boys are still amaze by her moves.

“She still dance gracefully.” said Rain.

“And she decided to quit just to take care of hyung.” said Mir.

“Look at her, she still has that smile, the smile that can touch her audience’s heart. And your heart.” SeungHo said to Joon.

As she ended the dance, Onew hug her. “That is so beautiful. I record it.” he smiled.

“Thank you.” she said and hug him tighter.

****

As midnight approach, they all clean and wash all the dishes that they used. They are all engrossed in cleaning then suddenly they heard a big splash. The people insde the house came out including NaYeon and they saw Onew on the swimming pool, and Joon is thre looking at him.

“What happened here?” NaYeon asked. “ChangSun ah, are you okay? Onew oppa, you okay?”

The SHinee boys helped Onew to get out of the pool.

“What happened?” Rain asked.

“Hyung pushed me into the pool.” Onew said as he gets off and Key placed atowel around him.

The MBLAQ boys laughed.

“I guess hyung got pissed.” said Mir.

“Why?” asked Minho.

“Because since we came, noona is always with Onew hyung and she didn’t spend time with Joon hyung, so I guess he got annoyed by it.” Mir explained and they all laugh.

“You can tell it to me hyung.” said Onew. “You don’t need to push me into the pool.” he said and pat Joon’s shoulders.

NaYeon laughed. “I hope you will recover oppa.” she said and hugs him.

“Why don’t we all get some rest.” Rain suggested.

“Great idea.” said the boys.

NaYeon and Joon is inside their room.

“You are going to sleep alone oppa.” she said and was about to get off of the bed but Joon stopped her.

“Stay…” he whispered.

NaYeon’s eyes widened as she heard him speak. “Oppa…” she hugs him. “Oh my you are getting better.” she said and tears started to fall from her eyes.  Joon wipes them away.

NaYeon smiled at him. “Saranghae.” she said and hug him.