Chapter 4. [The School]

Running Deep.

Myungsoo left us then, watching us as we walked into school grounds. 

 

It was weird though, the school they attended were just right beside ours because both schools are affliated somehow. I waved at Myungsoo as he smiled slightly before he became that mysterious guy that everyone mutters about. I still felt his eyes on me as I walked up to the school doors with Taemin and Sungjong by my side. 

 

Taemin was the first one to let out a heavy sigh, making his cheek puffed out as we entered the busy corridor of students. Sungjong walked cooly beside me, his eyes on the floor. I smiled a little, looking at my feet as we walked to our lockers which was surprisingly, beside one another. 

 

"Taemin oppa~" 

 

"Sungjong oppa~" 

 

I giggled silently, rolling my eyes as the constant juniors of the opposite fantazise and admire these two from far. Some even reached the stages of getting to know their handphones and constantly stalk them with messages and unknown calls. I remembered one night, both of them crashing into my room with troubled faces, asking for help from me from this juniors. 

 

Taemin smiled shyly and Sungjong said hi back at them so that they can retain their friendly attitude in school. I smiled, biting my lower lip and taking out my books from the locker, and dumping them into my bag. Taemin and Sungjong did the same. 

 

We had the same classes for the main subjects but different classes for the electives. I took the performing arts elective where singing was one of my choices. Taemin did too, but dancing is his passion. Sungjong took the visual arts elective, taking his arts to a whole new level. 

 

We were all too engrossed into packing things into our bag when... 

 

"OMO~" 

 

I heard the girls gasping and fangirling to one corner as the boys looked at the person up and down seeing him as a role model. They parted like the Red Sea, as he walked cooly down the corridor, eyes on me. I felt his stare and looked up just as Taemin and Sungjong did. 

 

They smiled the moment he came up and punched their arms as a form of greeting. 

 

"Hey buddies...." Minho said, smiling at the other two.

 

"Hyung..." They greeted him with sincere smiles. 

 

Minho's bright eyes looked at me. He smiled even wider as he grabbed the frozen me and pulled me into a tight hug. I gave out a gasp as he wrapped his arms around me and ruffled my hair. He smiled so wide, his eyes were almost gone. 

 

"Sun Min..." He called out to me, "How are you?" 

 

"I-I-I'm fine....thanks." I muttered, looking away and hiding my blush. 

 

"Hyung...what are you doing here?" Sungjong asked, smiling. 

 

"Well, nothing really...just wanna greet my dongsaengs...can't I?" Minho chuckled embarassingly. 

 

All three of us said no and Minho blushed. He looked at me and said, "Well, I'm training for the next track and field competition...join me this afternoon will you? The rest of the team will be at the tracks around 4 in the afternoon." 

 

"Neh...I will." I smiled. 

 

At least something to do to keep my mind away.

 

Minho left, leaving a trail of drooling and flattered girls and boys looking at him, wishing to be like him. Taemin looked as he walked away. Sungjong sighed and tugged on my arm, grabbing Taemin along as we walked away the moment the bell rang to signal for the start of classes.