Chapter 3. [Taemin & Sungjong, My Dark Knights.]

Running Deep.

I was at the breakfast table, decked in my school blazer and skirt. Myungsoo and Jonghyun was at the breakfast table with me, eating silently. I sighed and looked at the eggs that Key cooked for me and forked it but I didn't have an appetite to eat it all up. I sighed and looked up when I heard someone cleared his throat. 

 

Jonghyun smiled, giving me his dimple face and ruffled my hair, "Eat up...even when you don't have the appetite too." 

 

"Neh...." I smiled a little and forced myself to chew on the eggs. 

 

I heard Sunggyu opening the front door but its strange, I didn't hear anyone knocking at all. 

 

I heard him chuckling and giving high fives to someone at the door. 

 

I saw Jonghyun and Myungsoo looked up and smiled at the coming visitors. I have yet to see who it was when... 

 

"SUN MIN!" 

 

I was attacked with tight hugs. I choked on my egg and reached for my cup of orange juice. I gulped the drink down and widened my eyes as Taemin and Sungjong appeared at the breakfast table, their eyes on me and smiles stretching to endless lengths on their face. I sighed heavily and glared at them as they chuckled and settle down on either side of me, helping themselves to the breakfast that was prepared by Key. 

 

Key came out of the kitchen and beamed at my two best friends. He hugged Taemin and Sungjong before he excused himself to cook more eggs in the kitchen. He had a pink apron on above his school uniform. 

 

Sunggyu came and settled down at the head of the table. He adjusted his blazer and smiled at everyone, taking his first bite into the toast. I smiled at him, forcing myself to gobble down the toast Key made for me. 

 

"We have to go now~" I heard Sungjong sang as he picked up his bag from the floor. Taemin did as well, taking his bag off the floor and taking mine as well. He picked me up from the seat and pulled me to the front door. 

 

I smiled at my oppas, before I was being dragged to the front door. I slipped on my school shoes and looked up too see Key and Sunggyu walking us out of the door. They gave us hugs and kisses to me, before seeing me off. I heard the chair in the dining room moved and saw Myungsoo grabbing his bag as well. He slipped his school shoes on and took my wrist. 

 

"Oppa~ I have Taemin and Sungjong to send me to school..." I said, reassuring him. 

 

He shook his head and said, "I'm sending you off to make sure you guys don't go somewhere else other than school." 

 

"Oppa~" 

 

"Myungsoo-ah... please don't over do it..." Sunggyu said with a tired smile on his face. 

 

I pouted and felt Taemin tugging on my other hand. I turned to see both Taemin and Sungjong smiling at me, but their eyes were blazing into Myungsoo's overprotectiveness over me. I gave them apologetic looks and bit my lower lip. 

 

"I won't...Its just for today...." Myungsoo said, beaming at me. 

 

"Arasso...." Key sighed, "Here is some money for spending...." 

 

He gave me a few notes and saw me off as we head out the door. 

 

Taemin and Sungjong went to either side of me after Myungsoo walked slower and let me go. He was walking behind us, looking at me and the other two. Taemin and Sungjong found my hands and grabbed on them, swinging our hands up and down as we went downhill to reach the school at the foot of the hill. 

 

I turned and smiled at Myungsoo who looked like he might eat the other two up. He smiled back but blushed in embarassment having to get caught by me. He scratched his head and plugged his earphones on, turning his music out loud. 

 

Taemin and Sungjong met each other's eyes when they heard Myungsoo's music. They looked at me and sighed, but kept their smiles on their faces. 

 

"Your oppas are very fond of you..." Sungjong began, smirking at me. 

 

"I know..." I muttered, "We had another incident today." 

 

Taemin frowned and looked at me. He pushed a strand of hair away from my eyes, "What happened? Another nightmare?" 

 

"Neh...." I sighed, "But I found dirt on the glass of water I had on my bedside table." 

 

"Dirt?" Sungjong met Taemin's eyes and looked at me. 

 

"Neh...." I sighed, "I thought...." 

 

They nodded and looked away. 

 

My parents died in a car crash on the way back home a year ago. Their car crashed into the forest and their bodies were all covered in dirt the moment they were found, 300m away from the crash side. It seems that they flew out of their seats from the impact and landed on the ground with broken bones and damage organs. They didn't survived though they were saved. Appa was gone at the crash site itself, Umma held on up until the hospital. 

 

Only Key managed to reach the hospital first and met with Umma. He suffered the most then, having to see Umma die in front of his eyes on the bed. 

 

Up until then, everyone know of the incident gave us pitiful looks or looks of sympathy. 

 

But they didn't know the inside story. 

 

Of my brothers. 

 

Of me. 

 

And how I got senses that were out of explanation.