Chapter 5. [Classes....]

Running Deep.

"Sun Min," 

 

I looked up to see one of the girls whispering to me. We were left to do some work while the teacher mark our other work. I looked around, making sure no one heard us and nodded in her direction. 

 

She smiled a little as she reached in her bag and took out a note. She had it over to me and smiled before she turned back and returned to her work. I took the note and slipped it into my pencil case, thinking who could it be from. I continued with my work, my mind getting off from the note that was safely hidden in my pencil case. 

 

It wasn't until lunch that I remembered. 

 

I was walking in the hallway when I heard footsteps coming up to me. I ignored it at first, thinking it was just someone running past to get to their friends. But the moment when I felt someone grabbing my hand and pulling me as well, I looked up in shock and made my legs move as we began to run. 

 

I watched as many students watched us run past. I was thinking what was up until..... 

 

I peered a little and saw two of my best friends from Chongyang High standing at the doorway of the school buliding, oblivious to the stares they were receiving from girls who were giggling and blinking their eyelashes numerous times. I saw them both looking away. 

 

Sungyeol was looking at his phone. He felt my presence I guess, the moment he looked up and looked straight into my eyes. His cheeks grew red but his lips stretched into a huge grin. His eyes were brighter and his white pearls were showing. 

 

Woohyun was standing beside him, talking to Sungyeol a little while he was looking at his phone. He sighed and looked really glum. But the moment he saw me, the sadness in his eyes were gone and was replaced with pure joy. He smiled, from ear to ear, his eyes disappearing into the slits and his cheeks reddened a little. 

 

Sungjong was the one who was holding me, his smile huge as he saw his hyungs. I smiled too, my heart easing from the exhaustion and stress of school. Just looking at my best friends, was all it would take to make me smile. 

 

"Sun Min!" Both of them greeted me, patting Sungyeol's back as a comfort gesture. 

 

"Taemin couldn't come...saying something about extra credit he had to do for today for his project." Sungjong said, smiling in embarassment. He scratched his hair with his free hand. 

 

"Ehem~" Sungyeol looked at Sungjong with a cocked eyebrow. 

 

Sungjong looked at him puzzled before he realised what Sungyeol meant. He looked at me, and then at our hands. He suddenly let me go, looking away with red cheeks. I smiled and reflex my fingers a little. Sungjong left my hand a little numb while running. 

 

 

"What brings you here, Sungyeol and Woohyun?" I asked, not using formalities with them. Although they are my best friends, formalities are less needed between friends who have been together for quite some time. 

 

Woohyun shrugged and looked around. Sungyeol smiled and leaned forward to me. Our faces were mere inches but I just smiled. 

 

Though my heart was beating fast. 

 

Sungyeol smiled at me and linked his arms with me. 

 

"How's classes?" He asked, as we walked out of the buliding to the nearest canteen that was joined for both middle school and high school. 

 

"Fine...but boring as always..." I sighed, swinging our arms high and low. 

 

Woohyun and Sungjong was in another conversation, trailing us behind. They were smiling and joking about something. 

 

Sungyeol caught my attention back as he poked my cheek for no reason. I jumped a little, shocked by his sudden gesture. I glared at the laughing Sungyeol, who was amusing himself with his teasing. 

 

"Yah~" 

 

"Mianneh.... You're so cute..." 

 

"Am not..." I muttered back as we made it to the canteen of crowded students of both schools. Sungyeol lead us to the usual table. 

 

Myungsoo, Sunggyu, Onew, Key and Minho was there already. 

 

Myungsoo saw the closeness between Sungyeol and me and he immediately shot glares at Sungyeol. 

 

Sungyeol must have seen it but he ignored it. Still, he let me go, letting me alone standing as he sat with the rest of them, joining in the conversation. I had to sit in front of Myungsoo who gave out a sigh. 

 

A heavy sigh. 

 

A dissatisfied and discouraging sigh. 

 

I bit my lip and looked away, as Myungsoo looked at me with eager eyes.