My Boo

Episodes of Taeny

 

“Aren’t we leaving together baby? You’re going to KBS today for Music Bank too right?” Taeyeon said sleepily while rubbing her eyes, still wrapped up in the sheets. The hustle and bustle within their shared room woke the light sleeper up. It was finally time for Taeyeon’s solo comeback performances and Tiffany had her debut performance with the Unnies, a group formed to realise Min Hyorin’s dream in the variety show Unnies Slam Dunk currently showing on KBS. Both of them happened to have the same performance date and when Tae found out, she was secretly ecstatic to be able to have Tiffany as company when going for the music show performance, despite having solo promotions. She decided there and then that she wanted to even go to the salon together to get ready before heading off to KBS.

 

“You’re awake boo? Sorry for being too loud and disturbing your sleep. Go back to bed, you can sleep for another 45 minutes or so before getting up boo. I can’t leave with you sadly, I’ve gotta go start shooting for Slam dunk first before heading to KBS with the rest of the unnies. Sorry babe, I gotta go!” Tiffany rattled on and stepped out of the room with her designer handbag, not before placing a couple of pecks after seeing her boo sitting up and pouting sadly at the thought of not being able to start the day together.

 

Taeyeon’s mood dropped to an all time low that day, knowing that they wouldn’t be able to spend time together again due to their conflicting schedules even though they were essentially heading to the same place. “Okay, bye…” Tae sang sadly along to the tune of ‘Do You Wanna Build A Snowman?’ from Frozen. Now that she was awake, she couldn’t fall back asleep, not without Fany, so she decided to get up and start getting ready earlier. She had a simple breakfast with cereal and milk and then she packed some snacks for Fany since her boo didn’t get a chance to grab a bite before leaving earlier. She then resumed her house fairy mode and continued exploring her SNS. When her manager came to pick her up, she didn’t forget to bring along the albums that she prepared for the other artistes who were going to be at the show that day, like SISTAR and of course the Unnies.

 

Throughout the entire journey, Taeyeon couldn’t sit still as she was nervous for both her stage and Fany’s. She knows in her heart they’ve both practiced so damn hard for this and would kill it on stage later, but she just couldn’t help the ‘What ifs’ that were floating around in her head. She decided to practice her singing in the car since Tiffany wasn’t around to talk to her to calm her down and played ‘Why’ through the speakers. Her melodious voice resonated throughout the vehicle and her manager knew something was up with the blonde idol but didn’t pry as she did look very anxious. She figured it was probably the adrenaline rushing through and just left Tae to do whatever she wanted.

 

When she arrived at KBS, throngs of SONEs were awaiting for her arrival. She did her usual fan service, waving and signing some autographs before heading in for the first recording. She hurried to her waiting room and her styling team were all ready for her, with her performance outfit and make up all laid out. She smiled at them and said her usual “Please take care of me today!” and the team got to work on a good start. Just as they were done with her makeup, her face lit up when she saw who came into her room. There in all her glory was her boo, in a tight fitting black crop tank and black leather skirt to match, with hair and makeup all done, looking smoking hot.

 

“Boo! You’re here!” She ran over excitedly and gave Tae a bone crushing hug, not that she minded of course. She had missed the bubbly brunette, even though it has only been a few hours. She returned the hug, careful to not “accidentally” slip out a peck on her hot significant other. Tiffany then sat herself down in the next chair and started filling Tae in on the past few hours of the day. She had been packed with practicing with the Unnies, and with JYP watching them intently, she didn’t get a chance to even look at her phone, let alone touch it to send her boo a text. Tae listened patiently, like the good lover she is, giving appropriate reactions to Tiffany’s stories every now and then, even though the only thing on her mind then was to slam Tiff against a wall and kiss the living daylights out of her since she was looking so good in her stage outfit. Tiff then excitedly took out her phone to snapchat, saying that these memories need to be kept and recorded down. Tae played along, posing as and when Fany wanted her to, just feeling blessed to be with her after being away from each other that morning. She realised she was getting more clingy as the days go by, needing to be around her boo more to feel safe and at ease enough to be herself.  


   
 

After a couple of rehearsals which were smooth due to them being the professionals they are, the time came for both of them to go on stage for their official recording.

 

Taeyeon’s Performance: https://youtu.be/j9o4NHI-8MI

 

As Tiffany watched backstage, she couldn’t help but be more proud that her lover was so well loved by all the fans, doing what she loves, singing her heart out and dancing to her new title track ‘Why’, which Tiffany personally loved as well. She noticed her boo being more sticky to her than usual, and deduced it was probably due to the Sasaeng fans harassing her in the middle of the night, making her more on edge than she needed to be during this period.

 

Tae danced and performed her best as she knew her lover was watching. She wanted Tiff to be proud of her and her achievements. She danced with great rapport, not only with Kasper but the entire dance crew, showing a great genuine smile on her face, one that conveyed how much she was enjoying herself. With SONEs cheering along with the fan chant, the performance ended off without any form of hiccups and was incredible to say the least.

 

When she was done, she thanked the staff and crew before heading back to her waiting room to await the results. Tiffany was constantly on her mind as she wanted to go look for her to share the energy that was coursing through her veins right at that moment, after the spectacular performance she put up, not knowing that Tiffany had been watching throughout. She unplugged the microphones on her the moment she got to her waiting room, only to be bombarded by the Unnies, whom Tiffany had brought along to congratulate Taeyeon on her successful comeback stage.

 

Tae noticed the presence of the camera crew of Unnies Slam Dunk and inwardly sighed to herself that she couldn’t spend time alone with Tiffany again, not with all these eyes watching her. She then whipped out her signature dimpled smile and welcomed the crew into her room. Since it was a reality/variety show, the cameras were always rolling and Tiffany decided that it was time to introduce Tae to her other members, who have grown to become like family over the past months of filming together. Besides Jessi and the 2 gagwomen, Kim Sook and Hong Jinkyung, whom she knew from the past, attending variety shows from her debut with Girls’ Generation till now, Tae was not so familiar with the rest of the members, Ra Miran and Min Hyorin, despite being a fervent fan of the show.

 

Tiffany started with a loud introduction, “ Annyeonghasaeyo! Unnies imnida!”

 

Just like her name, Taeyeon replied calmly with a wide smile, “Annyeonghasaeyo, Taeyeon imnida.” 

 

Kim Sook then handed her a copy of their latest single ‘Shut Up’ to which Taeyeon went wide-eyed at, exclaiming “Woahhhh, congratulations on your album release and debut! Signatures! Woahhhh…” She placed their album down and picked up the ones she prepared earlier on, with a personalised message each. “I also prepared my album for each and everyone of you. Here…”

 

“Taeyeon’s album is JJANG! It’s really the best!” Tiffany praised her to the skies. Kim Sook then stated how embarrassing their album was as compared to hers while Tiffany couldn’t tear her gaze away from Taeyeon. The other members were so preoccupied looking through the picture book in the album to notice the longing gazes that the lovers held for each other, proud that they have made it this far together, as successful idols, just like they had dreamed. Only, now it was 10 times, scratch that, 100 times better because they were doing it together.

 

When the hype died down, Kim Sook decided that a little interaction was in order, so she raised a question to the lovers, “You two are best friends, aren’t you?”

 

“Yeah, that’s rig-“

 

“Well, we’re more like a couple (부부 pronounced as bubu)…” Taeyeon interrupted Tiffany and pulled her by the waist to her side. She then let out a laugh because she didn’t know what overcame her, to have such bravery to admit to their relationship on camera. Tiffany locked gazes with her and smiled a loving smile, thankful that her boo was comfortable enough to share this detail of their lives with her newfound family, the Unnies.

 

Jessi who knew of their relationship way from the beginning, was afraid that the older unnies would not be comfortable with it, started joking and playing around with the word, pronouncing it with an american slang, oo. Tiffany played along too and the topic got brushed aside as Jinkyung started to talk about how good Tae looked on stage just now, with her choreography, make up and stage outfit. Tae showed her fangirl side as she talked about the cleopatra makeup that was broadcasted in the initial episodes, with Tiff spilling out that Taeyeon saved the video of that episode because she liked it so much. The unnies talked more about Tae’s stage charisma as well, with Tiffany praising Taeyeon yet again that she is SNSD’s one-shot queen.

 

Throughout the conversation, the 2 exchange secret glances, both smiling so much that their cheeks hurt, proud that they were able to be so open in front of others, despite the people not exactly knowing what’s going on, but nevertheless, happy to be carefree. Tae ended off their time together with some advice as a senior in this industry to the junior girl group, telling them that she roughly knows how hard they’ve worked throughout this entire period and that they would do well while they enjoy the stage together as a group.

 

It was almost time for the Unnies to go for their performance and Tae had an interview to go for next with the broadcast station. Tiffany asked for the members to leave first while she stayed behind to talk to Tae for awhile before her stage.

 

“I’m so glad we were able to spend time like this together, boo. Do you know the reason why I always call you boo? It’s not just because it’s common lingo now in the States you know… It’s because of what you said just now, we are a 부부. I know boo is short for that but at least it’s not that cringeworthy when I call you that in public right?”

 

“I know and I don’t mind in the least. I don’t mind whatever you call me because it’s you. I love all of you and that includes your expression of affection towards me too.” She gave Fany a quick peck on the lips after making sure that no one was looking. “Do you know how long I’ve been waiting to do that? You look so good today that it’s so difficult to keep my hands to myself. I can’t wait for today to finally be over so that I can have you in my arms again…” Tae whispered whiningly to her.

 

“Gosh you’re making it very difficult for me too baby, I need to go now but I can’t leave when you say such things to me…”

 

“Hahahaha, let’s take a photo together first before you go, so that you’ll have something to look at later while you miss me…” Tae reached for her phone across the table and gave it to Tiffany so that she could take the shots.

 

“Now go hot stuff! Before I really tie you down here.” Tae gave Tiffany’s a light smack before the 2 giggled away and Tiffany left for her performance.

 

Tiffany’s Performance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4VT4ii0ZiQ

 

While waiting for her interview to start, she compiled the photos taken into a collage and posted it on her Instagram with the caption “shut up and why 💋

 

When she was satisfied, she smiled to herself before heading for her interview with KBS. On the other hand, Tiffany was in her waiting room after the performance. She picked up her phone to see that Tae had tagged her in a photo on Instagram. Her heart fluttered when she saw the kiss emoji behind the caption because Tae told her about her desires to kiss her when she saw her earlier that day and knew the meaning behind the emoticon. She smiled to herself, giddy in love and reposted it on her Instagram too, tagging Taeyeon and captioning the photo as “My Main💙🌟#whyismynewturnupsong”

 

 

Tiff >> My Boo💜:’You’re going to make me diabetic with all the sweet stuff you’re doing to me. I love you too and here’s your reward 💋

 

Tae >> Fany🎀: ‘Aww you’re welcome… I asked manager unnie to put the snacks I packed for you near your bag since you didn’t have time to eat much this morning. Eat some after your performance okay my dear pink pig. Oh and thanks for the gift but I want a real kiss when we get home, boo😘