Choices

Episodes of Taeny

"I object! No one could love her and understand her as much as I do!" Her voice echoes throughout the serene church as the audience gives out a loud unanimous gasp. She walks up to the about-to-be-married couple and the equally shocked pastor, with all eyes on her, dressed in a black leather jacket and a Rolling Stones singlet along with black boots. 

She sweeps back her long blonde hair and holds her ex-lovers hand in hers while spinning her around, away from her groom. With tears welling up in her eyes and afraid that she would see, she quickly hugs the bride as tightly as she can, as if she would just disappear into thin air if she didn't hold on. 
"I'll always love you and you'll always hold that special place in my heart, Fany" she whispers into the brides ear during that eternity long hug they shared in front of the entire audience.


"T-Tae-Tae??" She whispered back with a worrisome tone.


Abruptly, she broke the hug and burst out into a fit of giggles while looking around and shouted out while quickly wiping her tears, "OMG this is hilarious, all of you fell for it?!? Come on, I didn't know my acting was THAT good! I was just joking! HAHAHAHA! Give it up for the happy couple everyone!!! Here's wishing them eternal happiness and love! I'm sorry for the practical joke I played, so in return, I'm going to dedicate this song to my BEST FRIEND, the most beautiful bride, Tiffany. Listen carefully to the words of this song my dear friend..."

https://youtu.be/jp4f8GCrZgg [UR - Taeyeon]

Little did anyone know how much truth was held in that little whisper from Taeyeon to Tiffany, how much she wanted to hold her in her arms forever, to claim her as her own but Taeyeon knew it was best to let go. To let someone else who can assure her deepest love a peaceful and stable future, with a happy loving family as well.


Through the song, Taeyeon tried her very best to convey how much she loved Tiffany as she sung with all her heart. When the last note struck and she ended the song with "you are....", the 2 best friends were left with tear-streaked faces and held longing gazes at each other. As the crowd continued to cheer for Tae's amazing vocals and for the couple, Tae slowly backed away and faded into the crowd. She decided it was in the best of Fany's interest to leave and never come back, allowing time to heal both their wounds.

What Tae didn't notice was how taken aback Fany was by the entire situation, how she believed every word that was whispered by her ear but was too stunned to do anything to reciprocate. Now it was too late, in front of both her family and his, she can't possibly embarrass him by chasing after Tae in her wedding dress. All she could do was just laugh along and plaster fake smiles in order to deceive the people around with her facade, her mask to prove she was happy, to prove that their mutual choice to break up back then was the best and that she had gotten over it. 

The pastor then decided to continue the wedding procession after taking over the microphone left by Taeyeon: "If there are no more objections, I now pronounce you man and wife. You may now kiss the bride."

It then dawned on Tiffany. Through the past few weeks of wedding preparations after his proposal, a whirlwind of cakes, venues, invitations and all, it finally dawned on her at this very moment; Taeyeon was gone and will be gone forever from her position as lover, back to being only friends, and she lost her. She doesn't know why it took that long to sink in, but now it all comes back crashing, the nights she found Taeyeon crying in her room after finding out about her saying Yes to his proposal, the soulless Tae when they went around looking for wedding necessities, the moment Taeyeon rejected being her maid of honour despite her many attempts at begging and whining to accede to her requests. Taeyeon was still madly and deeply in love with her.

But now it was all too late.

Now everything was sealed.

Her fate.

Her love.

Her life.

Everything was sealed with a kiss.