004

Bride of Suho: Water God
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Suho hugs Mira and she whines in his arms. “Why didn’t Ryu come see me off?” Mira asked. Suho shook his head, “he’s busy today with my parents. They’re making a list of bride candidates.” Mira looked at Suho, “How do you feel about that?” Suho crossed his arms, “I don’t think anyone would want to marry me. I don’t even have my powers.” Mira placed her hand on his shoulder and gently squeezed his shoulder. “I don’t know what to say to make it better.” Mira said. Mira crossed her arms and looked to him.

 

Suho looked off into the horizon, “You should get going before it gets dark.” Mira looked out and the sun was high up in the sky. She turned back to Suho, “Tell Ryu that I’m going now.” Mira closed her eyes and she shifted into a small dragon. Suho watched her fly to the edge of the Kingdom walls. She quickly transformed into a larger dragon and disappeared. Suho crossed his arms, “You can come out now.” Ryu came to Suho’s side. He crossed his arms, “what did she say?” Suho turned to Ryu and rolled his eyes.

 

Ryu shook his head, “I wouldn’t care anyways.” “She said goodbye.” Suho said. Suho walked to the small palavion and took a seat by the table. Ryu followed him and took the seat opposite from him. There was tea along with snacks, Suho popped a peanut into his mouth. Ryu handed Suho the scroll before taking a sip of his tea. Suho took it from him and rolled it out on the table. Suho’s eyes widen as look backed to Ryu. “You’re kidding me, right?” Suho asked. Ryu placed his tea cup down, looking back to Suho. “Almost every unmarried lady of royal blood or high status applied. We also got a few applications from different kingdoms too.” Ryu said. Suho rubbed his temples, it wasn’t what he expected.

 

Ryu smirked and pointed to one of the names on the scroll. “Look who signed up.” Suho moved his eyes towards Ryu’s finger and he immediately groan in annoyance. “Yoora signed up.” Ryu laughed and Suho looked up at him. “She’s way older than me and I don’t want to marry Chanyeol’s older sister.” Suho said. Ryu rolled his eyes, “She’s from the fire kingdom. They’re one of the five kingdoms.” Ryu said. Suho crossed his arms, “It doesn't explain why she likes me. I’ve never even did anything to make her like me.” Ryu laughed out loud and Suho looked at him annoyed.

 

Ryu looked to Suho laughing, “I remember that time when we were younger. She set your favorite book on fire and you cried for weeks.” Suho shook his head, “That should of been a sign to her.” Suho noticed that on top of her name was a red dot. There was also four more red dots, he looked to Ryu. “What’s with the red dots?” Ryu smiled, “They’re the ones your parents choose.” Suho whined, “Why can’t I just be alone.” Ryu looked at him, “Too bad, your parents have set a date already. Where all of them will come to the palace for a day. You’ll get to spend time with them and get to know them better.” Suho laid his head down on the table and let out a sigh. “I can’t believe it.” Suho said.

 

Ryu crossed his arms and placed them on the table. “There all beautiful, skilled, and even know how to fight.” Ryu said. Suho looked up at Ryu, “is it because my parents think I need more protection. I might as well marry the general while we’re at it.” Ryu smirked, “one of the girl is from Sehun’s wind clan, she’s a general’s daughter.” Suho rolled his eyes in annoyance. “Can’t you help me just this once.” Suho said. Ryu laughed, “I would love to but your parent’s already gave me a final warning.” Suho crossed his arms, “I will settle it myself then.” Ryu looked down at the scroll again.

 

Ryu knew how Suho was feeling but he had to do his job. “Maybe we can come to an agreement with your parents.” Ryu said. “I highly doubt they would agree to anything.” Suho said. Suho looked out to the pond filled with lilies. “I just want to be free for a few more years and then I’ll settle down eventually.” Suho said. Ryu looked at him, “don’t tell me you’re still waiting for her?” Suho stood up and turned his back towards Ryu. “Even if I was waiting, do you think she would ever return?” Suho said. He shook his head and leaned against the pillar.

 

Ryu stood up and walked to Suho. He slung his arm over Suho’s shoulder, “she’s probably out there living her life. She has no memories of us, how can she come back?” Suho shrugged Ryu’s arm off and walked away. “Where are you going?” Ryu called out to him. “Somewhere I can be alone.” Suho said. Suho kept walking and Ryu took his seat. He stared at the list of name, “hopefully one of you can change him.” Ryu said.

 

Suho arrived on shore and with a flick of his hand. His dark blue hanbok changed into modern clothes, he walked up the dirt road going up a hill. Once he reached the top he stopped and admire the view. A huge field filled with sunflowers and a smile on his face. He walked down the hill and entered through a path. He ran with all his might and reached the clearing in the center. He fell down on his knees and laid face down in the dirt.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter