013

Bride of Suho: Water God
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Haru laid down and stretched, her back was hurting from sitting too long. She sent the last of the paperworks that Minah sent her from before. She rubbed her eyes and looked at her phone, it was almost noon. She told Suho they should sleep in but she woke up at 7 am to start her work. She didn’t know what time it was when she got home yesterday. She hadn’t had breakfast yet so she stood up and left her room for the kitchen. The house was quiet since everyone went to visit the senior center, which her grandparents wanted to introduce everyone to their friends. Jimin wanted to stay behind but they made sure he got some fresh air instead of staying in all day on his electronics. Haru saw that there was rice in the rice cooker and she went to the fridge. There was the kimchi they made yesterday and she turned her head to see if there was anything eles. “How about the kimchi and the soup in the clear container?” Suho asked. Haru turned around quickly and hit her head on the side of the refrigerator door handle. Suho reached his hand out while his face moved closer towards her. 

 

Suho rubbed her head and Haru looked up at him while she held onto her head. “How did you get in?” She asked. Suho pointed at the front door, “I came to your room but you weren’t there and then made my way to the front and saw the gate was left open. I closed it and then came through the front door which was not locked either.” Haru made a mental effort to repair the lock on the gate and remind others to lock the doors better because it’s still dangerous even if they live far from town. “I left on an empty stomach, can I have something to eat too?” Suho asked. “Take a seat, I’ll cook something up.” Suho took a seat by the kitchen table and Haru grabbed her hair tie around her wrist, she tied up her hair and took out the kimchi. She scooped some into a pan and stir fried it. She opened the fridge and grabbed the soup container, she laddled some into a pot and turned the stove on. She put the rest back and grabbed rice to put into the kimchi stir fry. A few minutes later she finished and put the kimchi fried rice into two bowls and set them in front of Suho. She laddled the beef soup into two bowls and placed them on the table, she returned back to the dishrack to grab two spoons. 

 

Haru took her seat and handed one spoon to Suho who took it and looked down at the food. It’s something he had never had before or never been served before. Haru took a bite and looked up at him, Suho scooped up the kimchi fried rice into his mouth. “Is it good? I didn’t know what to cook.” Haru said. Suho’s face lit up, “who knew rice and kimchi could be this good. I’ve never had anything like this before.” Haru laughed, “you’ve never had anything like this?” “No, I’ve only had plain or salty foods.” Suho said. “Wow, you’ve been missing out then.” Haru chuckled. Suho ate as Haru watched him, the way he ate his food made him seem like he was of high society. Not one drip of soup spilled from his spoon, nothing on the table or his clothes. Haru shook her head and ate her meal. 

 

Suho laid back in the chair, as the food coma was getting to him. He was tired now that he ate, he left as soon as the morning assembly was over. He knew Ryu would have canceled his afternoon meetings since he was gone. He gazed at Haru’s back as she washed the dishes, he would have helped but he’d never washed dishes before. He felt his eyelids getting heavy by the second. He closed his eyes for a few seconds and then Haru shook his shoulder. “Did you even sleep?” Haru asked. “No, did you?” “No, I woke up early to work on my papers for work.” Haru confesses. “I had a morning assembly so I couldn’t get much sleep.” Suho also confessed. “You can sleep in my room.” “Really?” Suho asked. “Yes, you need more sleep than I do. You’re busy protecting others so you should rest.” Haru said. Suho nodded his head and reached his hand out to Haru, “please guide me there safely.” Haru nodded her head, “yes, this way please sir.” they both laughed and Suho raised his hand up to her. Haru took his hand, Suho followed behind her.

 

Suho noticed how there was not even one picture frame hanging up in their house besides the one in the living room which seemed like it was taken a couple years ago. Haru stopped and so did Suho, she slid the door open and turned to bow to Suho. “Your highness, we have arrived.” Haru said. Suho was taken back a bit because he thought she knew his identity. “Why thank you.” Suho said. Suho stepped into the room and Haru slid the door closed. Suho turned to look at her and Haru bent down to fix her sheets, then moved her small table to the side. “Please get some sleep.” Haru said. Suho nodded and lifted the covers up and laid down. He turned to face Haru who smiled at him as she was on her computer. “What are you doing?” Suho asked. “I’m just checking my work schedule and emailing my professors. Suho nods his head, “I’ve never asked but what do you do?” “I’m a pediatrician, I work with babies to teens.” Haru said. “Oh, you're like a doctor who works with children.” Suho said. “Yes, that’s right.” Suho watched as Haru was typing, his eyes slowly closed and he drifted to sleep.

 

“Oppa!” Jihyun yelled. Suho quickly opened his eyes and sat up from the ground. He turned his head left and right, he looked around to find the voice. An open field of tall green grass and the sun high in the sky. Suho used his hand to shield the sunlight out of his eyes as he squinted. “Hurry up!” Jihyun yelled. Suho stood up and turned towards the direction of the voice. He saw Jihyun waving to him as she turned around to run.“Jihyun!” Suho yelled. It seemed like she didn’t hear him and he ran after her but she seemed to only be getting further and further away from him. Suho tripped and fell down, he cried. A hand touched his back and he turned to see who it was. Haru bent down to him, in her hand she was holding a bouquet of sunflowers. 

 

“Haru?” Suho said.Haru helped him up to his feet and brushed the tears away. She smiled at Suho and held out the flowers which he took from her. He looked at it and then back to Haru confused on why she was giving him flowers. “I found it!” Haru cheered. Haru was pulled back with a huge force, she reached her hand out to him and Suho tried to grab her hand but his other hand became heavy, he dropped to the ground. He looked down and in his arms was Jihyun sleeping peacefully. He let go of her and stood up, Haru was nowhere to be seen. “Haru!” Suho screamed. He turned around and looked for her but no sight of her anywhere. He screamed out for her but he only heard his echos.

 

“Haru!” Suho screamed out loud and Haru woke up from her nap. Her back was sore from leaning against the wall. She crawled over to Suho who was shaking. Haru tried to wake him up but Suho refused to open his eyes. Suho grabbed her wrist really hard and Haru groaned out in pain. She leaned over and calmly talked to Suho, “it’s okay, everything is fine.” Haru didn’t kn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter