Eight

Dangerous Women

It was a bright, sunny morning and Rachel Kim Hyunjoo with her sister had just arrived at the FSA base with the same ride from sending her co worker yesterday night. The older girl was humming to some cheery, new English pop song, a little too cheerful for her sister’s liking. Or anyone else’s for that matter.

 

 


“You know Hyun, I can never get you sometimes. One time you’re all cold and stuff, and another time you’d be- like this! I swore you were about to kill me with your eyes yesterday!” Heechul let out a dramatic sigh which drew a smile on Hyunjoo’s face. The blonde girl in the wheelchair rolled her eyes and joined in the complaint. 

 

 

 

“Ugh, tell me all about it, Oppa! She’s been happily humming this stupid tune all morning, and it’s a Monday! M-O-N-D-A-Y! We’re all supposed to have Monday blues! ‘Emirite??” She flailed her arms up in the air, certainly feeling annoyed at her older sister.

 

 


Hyunjoo crouched down to her sister’s level and ruffled her hair. “Aigoo, is this because I forgot to bring you back home along? Didn’t I apologize you brat, let it go!” The ruffling continued harder and so did the whining of the girl below her. True enough, she had forgotten to pick her sister up at the IT section. They’ve always went to work and go back home together, with Hyunjoo sending her sister to her office and picking her up later after work. Unfortunately, the older girl’s head was preoccupied with a certain subordinate, making her forget her usual duty. Which was really weird for her sister since she had been non-stop without fail did that duty after the blonde got into an accident. And so the younger sister stayed at her office long enough to make an angry phone call to Hyunjoo- in which the latter panicked because she was just done brushing her teeth and was preparing for bed but got changed and sped to their workplace.

 

 


The blonde squinted her eyes and pointed at her sister with her index finger, “She won’t even tell me what happened last night, Oppa! I deserve an explanation. Something is really fishy about all this,” her index finger spun in a circular motion, “bundle of rare joy,” she finishes.

 

 

 

“I promise you, nothing happened okay, sweetcheeks? Now I’m gonna go kick some asses, if you would excuse me.” The senior agent planted a kiss on top of the blonde’s head and shot the girl a wink – a rare relationship that no one gets to experience except her sister and maybe some of those that are close to her which she doesn’t mind showing, like Heechul or Sooyoung for example. The blonde only snorted but smiled afterwards, determined to find what caused her sister to act like a normal person again.

 

 

 


“’Ssup syoo! Anything for me this morning?” Hyunjoo laid her right arm on the shoulder of her best buddy, peeking at some files Sooyoung was reading.

 

 

 

“Well you seem eager. Anything up?” 

 

 


“Nahh, I’m just a bit excited to go out on the field again.” She shrugs.

 

 


Sooyoung then muttered some important points from the file in which Hyunjoo took note with her mind and inwardly smiled when the tall girl mentioned that she had to go with Tiffany. Sooyoung raised an eyebrow on how her friend did not throw a fit about the arrangement but brushed it off, thinking that maybe she’d come to accept the fact that they’re going to be working together for a long time.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

 

 


Huff. Huff. Huff.

 

 


Vigorous bustling of twigs and branches were heard as the three of the FSA agents sprinting across the forest, chasing at least two out of their three targets. The remaining one must’ve ran somewhere else but their colleagues had him covered. Eyes focused on the two escaping men, the agents skillfully moved their body through the thorns and vines, startling the small animals nearby. Hyunjoo who was leading at the most front shouted for them to take cover as a shot of gun was released, missing them just by inches. The blast halted their movements for a few seconds, giving the criminals some strides further than them but that definitely did not stop the chase.

 

 

 

Hearing no painful  groans from their colleagues, the agents resumed their running. The “Are you okay?” exchanges could hold. Hyunjoo thought to herself as she turns her neck just a split second to see Tiffany’s ponytail bouncing up and down with every step she takes.

 

 

 

The two men realized that splitting might be a good idea to lose the agents who were hot on their tail so one of them changed his route to the right – into the deeper forest while the other one took a left and disappeared behind an abandoned looking building. Hyunjoo had already signaled Momo to follow the right one while she and Tiffany sprinted after the other guy. They stopped when they reached the building – only to find no one in their sight.

 

 


The mentor and mentee regain their breaths while carefully monitoring the area around them in case the target suddenly decides on a sneak attack. The building wasn’t that big, it was literally a white, rectangular cuboid which has no doors at the back (where Hyunjoo and Tiffany are right now), only a round, steering like wheel attached to the walls was seen. 

 

 

 

Tiffany went to closer to the walls to see if there was any hidden openings while her senior jogged towards the end of the building, just to be sure. The brunette traced her hand along the dry, whitewashed walls and ended at the rusty wheel. She placed her hands on it and wrapped her fingers around the metal before twisting it to the left with only a little force for it to creak open and barge slightly, confirming that the man must’ve escaped using this opening because the wheel was old and rusty.

 

 


The creaking sound attracted Hyunjoo’s attention and the agent came running to Tiffany’s side. Both of them looked at the opened round “door” and to each other. “Good job, Tiffany.” Hyunjoo patted her shoulder once and bowed her head a little to enter the newfound lead. She totally called my name. Omg!! Yes!!! The brunette then pretended to act cool, covering her expressions so that her senior wouldn’t notice her squealing inside. 

 

 


An overwhelming powerful odor pierced their noses as soon as they stepped into the dark area. “Aish!” Both of them pinched their nose close to block the foul smell coming from the sewer. With the help of the light coming from where they entered, they could make out some newly made wet footsteps at the sides of the running water. 

 

 

 


A distant sound in the dark sewer alarmed their ears. “Let’s hurry!” The two agents started sprinting once more until they see a small light which appears bigger as they approached closer. They saw that the cover of the sewer on top of them was almost fully pushed out from its original position. Fortunately, there was a short stairs directed towards the cover, perhaps for plumbing works.

 

 


Hyunjoo climbed out of the hole first and lent a hand to the brunette beneath her. Tiffany looked up – her eyes meeting her senior’s. The brunette smiled and took her hand in gratefully, easing her way up. Both of them scanned their surroundings and realized that the sewer brought them to a pavement in the city.

 

 


“Sunbae, he’s running away!” Tiffany shouted, pointing at the target who was hijacking a red car at the traffic light. The man noticed the two agents were right behind him so he quickly grabbed the driver and forcefully shove him out of his car. Noticing that he was about to get away, the two furiously scanned their surroundings for any type of possible vehicle for them to use. While Hyunjoo was looking at the other way round, Tiffany was already working her magic on a motorbike she saw at the parking area nearby. Once the engine roared to life, the brunette used her left thumb and index finger to make a sharp whistling sound which caught Hyunjoo’s ears. The short haired girl turned around - surprised seeing Tiffany gesturing her to come join her on a motorbike she had no idea whose was it.

 

 

 

“Ready to go, Sunbae?” The proud grin on the younger girl’s face was doing things to her heart and she wanted nothing but to kiss it away. The ? The dazed girl shook her irrelevant thoughts away and smirked. “A bad girl, huh?” Tiffany pushed the stand of the bike and twisted the handle, prepared to roll. “You never know.” The brunette grinned widely and sped right onto the street, following closely the red car that was about to enter the highway.

 

 

 

 

 


A/N : Hi! Was supposed to update this two days ago but I got stuck :") Realize how the ending was quite similar to last chapter and a bit shorter but ugh my creative juices weren't flowing that much, and I figured I'd just have to update this rather than let y'all wait for weeks or months again :( I might get a part time job which would cost me more of my time but like i said, im going to work harder and im typing this on my phone so that makes updating a lot more easier lol.


Also, there's not much of action here so those who wanted some of that... im sorry :( and i hope yall can be patient with the skinships ugh i know this story's pace is like a tortoise but im scared that if i rush it it'll be TOO rushed up :") Do leave suggestions ! :))