Six

Dangerous Women

All of the agents arrived at a huge, extravagant looking mansion. Like any other rich houses, the whole building was surrounded with tall, steel gates with pointy edges and two guards at each side of the main entrance. The mansion is a bit far from the road and quite secluded as the surrounding forest trees almost hid the building from the eyes of many. There were no other landmarks nearby and clearly the mansion was built on a private property for confidential uses.

 

 

 

Heechul spoke into the microphone, “Tiffany, you’re up.” The five agents parked their motorbikes near the bushes and were hiding behind the van Heechul and the others were on. Tiffany took out a tranquilizer gun and crouched on one knee to take aim at the guard standing at the main gate. Hyunjoo gave a pat on her shoulder as an encouragement without saying anything and it immediately boosts up the younger girl’s determination.

 

 

 

 

Tiffany her lips before pulling the trigger, aiming and hitting the first guard right at the neck. The tranquilizer took immediate effect as the man fell to the cold ground, defenseless. The second guard widened his eyes and was about to reach for his walkie-talkie but a second too late as the skilled brunette buried another shot close to his throat.

 

 

 

Heechul worked on his expertise and shut down the surveillance camera that was located at the huge gate. Taeyeon, Dahyun and JR, the three backup agents hurriedly dragged the unconscious bodies of the guards away from the gate before tying them up in a bundle. Taeyeon and Dahyun then took over the guards’ previous post as lookouts while JR continued to accompany Heechul in the SUV van. The IT agent then restored the surveillance camera to avoid any suspiciousness from the enemy. Seunghyun, Jessica, Sooyoung, Tiffany and Hyunjoo ran to the back of the mansion before stealthily climbing the pointy gate one by one, just like in their trainings. Once they landed on their knees, they quickly head to the backdoor which uses a card to enter.

 

 

 

Sooyoung spoke into the earpiece, “Heechul, we’re here.” “Alright hold on a second.” It was literally a second and just like magic, the door opened on its own. Seunghyun entered with cautious steps followed by the rest. Hyunjoo entered last and closed the wooden door softly.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Deep, gruffy voices were heard cackling loudly and some voices were slurred, confirming that there were people nearby and they must not risk making any unnecessary movements that might cause them to get caught first. The goons were definitely distracted by the TV which emits sounds of what it seemed like a sitcom. Seunghyun then reached for the electric box which controls all the electrical supply in the mansion and toggled its main switch. The lights in the place immediately goes off and the agents quickly activated their night vision goggles. It was only a matter of time before the goons find the cause of the blackout so they had to move fast.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The leader skimmed through the surroundings swiftly and gave out commands using hand movements. The team had already learned about the details of the mansion beforehand like they always do for their missions so that they are always prepared. Despite being a huge place, the mansion was separated into only two levels as the spaces in each sections it was divided into was enormous. The lower level was divided into three sections, the kitchen, the dining room and also the living room. The living room faced the main door while the dining room was situated between the living room and the kitchen. The spacious kitchen has a backdoor, which was where the FSA agents came from. There was also a small room located next to the door but it was empty, probably was meant for a maid which the enemies didn’t need. They needed the lights off because the stairs were located at the passage connecting the living room and the dining room, and is open for anyone sitting in the living room to see.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Y-yah Hyunsik you idiot, go and check what’s wrong! The show is going to end already-y…” A drunk man in his mid 30s with a sagging belly pointed his finger into the air with his eyelids half open, somewhere in between drunk and passing out.

 

 

“Where do I check it Hyung?” A younger guy who seemed quite sober- and dumb, asked while scratching his head.

 

 

 

 

The ‘Hyung’ rose from his seat and swayed his arm, attempting to hit Hyunsik’s head but failed although it did hit his nose slightly in the process. “What do y-you mean whereeee…? At the main switch box you !” The other three guys, a big sized bald man and two scrawny looking men stay seated and laughed at the drunk man’s temper- although they looked quite drunk themselves.

 

 

 

 

Hyunsik pouted and rubbed his red nose. “Aish, you didn’t have to hit me though…” The youngest of them then put his hands in front, trying to feel any objects while heading towards the kitchen only to stumble onto someone’s hard body physique at the dining room.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hyunjoo tapped Sooyoung’s shoulder as a sign to follow her after she signaled Seunghyun to bring Tiffany and Jessica to check the lower level. She was pretty sure the heiress was detained upstairs because only two rooms upstairs were lit up before they entered. It was a safe move of letting the two newbies to follow Seunghyun because the lower level probably had more people in the living room as they heard numerous chatters and sounds coming from the TV.

 

 

 

 

 

Seunghyun saw that the scrawny looking man named Hyunsik was struggling in the dark so he purposely blocked the guy’s way with his sturdy body. Hyunsik used both of his hands feel the “wall” from Seunghyun’s arms to his shoulders and to his face. The trained agent held in his smirk while holding his breath as the clueless goon continued to trace his face with his hands.

 

 

 

“This is weird…I don’t remember any wall or anything like this in the dining room…Pretty sure I only walked straight…” Hyunsik mumbled to himself while scratching his head with a hand but was actually heard by the three other agents nearby. Tiffany and Jessica had to hold on to each other, suppressing their giggle, as they found to current situation funny as hell.

 

 

 

After the man’s hand left Seunghyun’s lips, he decided that playtime was over. “Done caressing my beautiful features, Mr?”

 

 

 

Hyunsik got startled his feet stumbled a few steps backwards. The guy shouted for help before getting kicked by Seunghyun in the stomach which attracted his fellow gang. Hyunsik was unable to react to Seunghyun’s second kick as he was busy kneeling with his hands clutching the painful area. The drunk guys half ran to the dining room before each shouting incoherent words and tried to attack Tiffany and Jessica when they saw glimpses of their shadow in the dark. The agents were outnumbered, but they had the upper hand with the night vision goggles and also being completely sober.

 

 

 

 

The ‘Hyung’ swayed a fist to Jessica’s face but the latter managed to dodge and planted a rough blow on his face instead. A crack sound was heard and the burly man screamed and cussed in pain while clutching his nose.

 

 

 

 

 

“You son of a !! I will get you, you bastard!!” The drunk man attempted a second hit in anger which Jessica then grabbed his arm, twisted it, making him kneel on the floor before using her elbow to deliver another blow to his head, driving him unconscious.

 

 

 

 

Tiffany was left alone to fight the scrawny looking guy and the big sized baldie. Both came after her at the same speed, with the baldie successfully grabbing her from behind. The brunette tried to struggle free but the man was huge in size and was a lot more powerful. The scrawny guy punched her side face, making her lips cut a little and bleed.

 

 

 

“Not so tough now huh, little princess?” The skinny goon began to caress her face and applied pressure to her bleeding lips, making her hiss in pain. “After we’re done with your friends, we’re going to have some fun with you, aren’t we, Bob?” The burly man who was holding Tiffany nodded enthusiastically with his hands still gripping the girl tight.

 

 

 

“You wish, faggots.” The Korean-American threw a double kick to the guy who punched her before using full force to jump behind the man who was holding her. The burly man was caught off guard and immediately turned around with his fighting stance but he was too slow because as soon as he did, Tiffany ran a bit and gave a flying kick to the man’s chest, making his big size unstable and eventually fall down. The brunette quickly took a syringe filled with tranquilizer and plunged it into the goon’s neck, leaving him knocked out.

 

 

 

 

“That should keep him out for a while.” Tiffany said while brushing off non-existent dust on her clothes. The girl was unaware that the skinny man she kicked before got on his two feet again and tried to sneak attack her from behind. Seunghyun saw what was happening and immediately elbowed the guy at the back of his head, making him collapse.

 

 

 

Tiffany turned around and saw Seunghyun right behind her with the guy on the floor. “Only cowards attack girls from the back.” He said as he flashed a smirk to the brunette. The rookie agent smiled gratefully at her senior, “Thanks Seunghyun Sunbae.”

 

 

 

“No prob, wouldn’t want anyone to get hurt now, do we?” Both of them chuckled at his statement and proceeded to meet Jessica.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

 

Hyunjoo and Sooyoung trudged the stairs slowly and carefully in the dark with their vision goggles intact. As they reached the top, they saw two men coming out from a room, probably wanting to check out what the scream below was all about. One of the guys was holding a torch which what seemed to be coming out from his phone and alerted his friend when he saw the two agents lurking around.

 

 

“WHO ARE YOU AND WHAT ARE YOU TWO ES DOING HERE!!” The man with the torch growled and launched himself towards Hyunjoo who was at the front. Hyunjoo didn’t want to fire the gun she was holding, afraid to scare away the heiress so she knocked the phone off the man’s hand and it went flying to the first floor. The upper floor had a window with unclosed curtains along this corridor which made a passage to two different rooms so the moon’s dim light pass through it, enough for the goons to make out what were they facing with. The second man hurled at Sooyoung and punched her stomach, making her body hit the cold hard wall behind her.

 

 

 

 

Hyunjoo was up against a man with quite a strength. She dodged the first fist swung to her head but the guy did not lose his balance so much like how she expected him to be. Another hard and fast punch met her jaw, causing Hyunjoo to stumble backwards a bit, spitting out some blood that formed due to the impact of the hit. The man had a scar etched on his forehead and wore a look that he had done these kind of jobs for a long time and won’t be easy to handle. He gave a smug look when he saw her lips got cut, unaware what he might face soon.

 

 

 

 

 

Heechul who was monitoring the whole situation in the van with JR throughout the camera installed in their goggles cupped his mouth and gasped in surprise. “What is it Sunbae?”

 

 

His lips broke into a grin while still staring at the camera screen. “Nothing, it’s just that I pity that guy who’s facing Hyunjoo right now.”

 

 

 

JR scratched his un-itchy head while making a puzzled face, “Wae yo? Aren’t we supposed to support Hyunjoo sunbae-nim?”

 

 

Heechul let out a small laugh and ruffled the young boy’s hair. “Aigoo JR-ssi, you still have a lot to learn.”

 

 

 

 

 

The smug-faced goon thought that he has the upper hand of the situation, feeling quite satisfied that his punch managed to hit the woman in front of her and left a bleeding lip. Hyunjoo had her head bowed down and smirked to herself. Unfortunately for the guy, Hyunjoo is the type of person who strikes harder when her opponent is stronger than her so when she got a rough blow like that, she tend to be more pumped up and her senses become more alert.

 

 

He threw another fast punch with his large fist, aiming for Hyunjoo’s abdomen next, but the senior agent was faster. The big guy widened his eyes in shock when he felt his punch being stopped- and his large fist being enveloped and gripped tightly by a much smaller palm of hand. The grip tightened and when he tried to free himself using his other hand to hit her, she twisted his arm to the right, making him cry in pain. The skilled agent quickly kicked his abdomen and bent his arm to the back as he faced the floor.

 

 

 

“You lay one more finger on my face, I promise you that’ll be the last thing you do. Understood?” Hyunjoo growled harshly next to the man’s ear with her knee pushing his body to the floor and one head pressing his head down. The defeated man nodded frantically, his eyes definitely showing signs of fear.

 

 

Hyunjoo called out to Sooyoung whom had long done with her assailant after he punched her stomach. The men definitely made the wrong move, messing with the agents. “Slim, take care of this one, will ya?”

 

“You sure you don’t need me, Haz?” Sooyoung smirked, seeing Hyunjoo’s determined look. A pat on the shoulder was all Sooyoung need to be convinced that her long time teammate can more than handle the situation.

 

 

“Be back in one piece, Capt~” The lean and tall agent hollered after Hyunjoo, receiving a slight nod in return.

 

 

Hyunjoo ascended the stairs and observed the corridor which placed the two different rooms, her eyes immediately scanning the room where the two goons came out from. Bright light shone from the room as the door was not closed back after they went out, but she do not want to take any chances in case there are more people inside. She leaned closer to the wall and stepped forward carefully until she reached the room where the heiress was held hostage and saw a goon holding a knife at the girl’s throat.

 

 

 

“Drop the gun or I’ll slit !” The man growled. Hyunjoo saw evident fear in the girl’s eyes and her trembling lips before making eye contact with the guy and raised her hands, gesturing that she is going to put the gun down.

 

 

 

“I will drop it, so please, calm down, alright? We don’t want anybody getting hurt now.” She calmly said. Hyunjoo bent her knees to pretend to kneel down and blasted a trigger exactly aimed at the man’s forehead which caught him off guard and dropped dead to the floor with the knife beside him. The skilled agent then kept her weapon in her back pocket before rushing to the heiress’ side and untied he

 

 

 

“Are you alr-“ Her sentence was cut off as she felt tight hands embracing her body. Jiyeon, the heiress was sobbing uncontrollably in Hyunjoo’s chest, surprising the older girl. Hyunjoo reciprocated the hug and slowly rubbed the girl’s back.

 

“Shh…it’s all okay now..You’re alright..I’m here already.” Jiyeon finally stopped crying and looked up to the taller girl with her red, round puppy eyes.

 

 

“T-thank you…”

 

 

“No problem. Now, shall we get you back home?” The brown haired girl nodded but clung her hand with Hyunjoo’s because she was still traumatized with the sudden happenings in her life. All she knows is that she really likes the warmth and safeness she felt by being with the handsome girl next to her.

 

 

The senior agent went descended the stairs with the safe hostage and saw Tiffany laughing with Seunghyun. The rest of them knew that Jiyeon was safe despite the loud gunshot because Heechul had already let the good news spread. Tiffany was worried of course, and almost ran up the stairs due to the sound but was held tight by Seunghyun, as he knew that Hyunjoo is more than capable of handling the mission alone. The last thing the leader needs is a distraction.

 

 

Hyunjoo saw that the two senior-junior agents were too close to her liking and ignored the weird feeling in her chest. She tried to head straight to their van but a certain brunette caught up to her, fast.

 

 

 

“Sunbae! Are you hurt anywhere?” Worried chocolate orbs was staring right into Hyunjoo’s hazel ones.

 

 

“I didn’t think anyone would be worried about me, considering how chirpy you guys sounded just now.” She snickered.

 

 

A flash of hurt was portrayed upon Tiffany’s eyes. She had only wanted to ask about her leader’s condition but got shot down instead. The brunette was about to open again when Hyunjoo walked away with Jiyeon tagging along but was stopped by Seunghyun’s hand.

 

 

“Don’t take it to the heart, she maybe got stressed out, having to do petty missions like these.” Tiffany nodded solemnly. ‘But we were just fine on the way here…why is she so bipolar?’