Two

Dangerous Women

Chapter 2

 

 

 

A/N : I changed the previous chapter when Daehyun called ‘Hazel’ noona to ‘hyung’. It has something to do with the plot. Hehehe~

 

 

 

The patient was lying unconscious on the bed stituated at the sick ward of the FSA base for about two already with four people inside the room, anxiously waiting for her to wake up. They were Chief Taecyeon, Sooyoung, Seulgi and Tzuyu from the rookie squad visiting her. Well, only the Chief and the two rookies. The original Aqua squad has been waiting for their leader since she got admitted. Momo, TOP and Himuro were waiting outside to avoid the room from getting too crowded, so there they are, guarding the hallway.

 

 

 

 

“How is she, Syoo?” Sooyoung who was limping due to the shot she acquired on her right leg from the last mission scoffed a little at the question thrown by the Chief.

 

 

 

 

“Doc said she’ll be fine but has to avoid strenuous activities for a month after she wakes up, in case her TWENTY-FOUR stitches decides to open up.” Sooyoung said, emphasizing the scary number of stitches her friend had to endure, mainly to tick off Taecyeon. Seulgi and Tzuyu gasped in worry of their senior. The cut must be pretty deep for one to gain so many stitches like that.

 

 

 

With a remorseful voice, he lowered his ego in front of his subordinates and tried to apologize, “I-I’m sorry Soo-“ only to get cut off by the younger girl.

 

 

 

 

“Look, if you’re really sorry, then tell that to her IF she wakes up. If she doesn’t, then, bring it to your grave.” She pointed towards the injured girl with her chin.

 

 

 

 

“H-hey…” a weak, husky voice coming from the bed broke their argument and made the agents rushing to her side.

 

 

 

Sooyoung was on the edge of tears but managed to control herself and talk to her best friend. “Hyun, are you okay? Feeling hurt anywhere? Do you need anything?”

 

 

 

The injured agent shook her head slightly. “I’m okay, just a bit thirsty, I guess.” The taller girl took a cup from the small table provided and pour in some lukewarm water.

 

 

“Here, drink up.” Hyunjoo gulped the drink greedily because felt dry after lying unconscious without consuming anything for a couple of days.

 

 

 

 

“How long have I been here?”

 

 

 

“About two days. You got us worried there for a moment!”

 

 

 

“No wonder I feel so refreshed. Hahaha” the short-haired girl joked.

 

 

 

“S-sunbae, are you really okay?” Seulgi timidly asked, with Tzuyu nodding her head from behind.

 

 

 

“I told you guys already, I’m fine. In fact, because I slept for two days straight, I’m feeling great. Don’t you worry about me. Speaking about this, how’s Daehyun?” her voice turned grim. Daehyun was one of the leader’s favorite dongsaeng, along with Seulgi and her blood-related sister at the agency, Halley. Seeing the two girls in front of her without a scratch on their body made her sigh in relief but she was reminded of the wounded boy.

 

 

 

Seulgi who looked quite out of it since before kept mum with her head hung low as she tried to hide her tears. Daehyun was her boyfriend, after all. Tzuyu placed her hands on the girl’s shoulders and rubbed them gently to soothe her.

 

 

 

“Daehyun oppa… He…is still in comatose.. The goons used a machine gun and shot him at the same area at a short distance a few times, so there were bullets that pierced through his vest and also his body.. The doctor managed to take them all out, but he lost quite a lot of blood and might take a while before he can wake up..” Hyunjoo nodded slightly and asked them to take a rest. She wasn’t really the type to show her real feelings in front of people easily. Taecyeon then cleared his throat before jumping in.

 

 

 

 

“Can I speak to Hyunjoo in private, please?” he looked to Sooyoung. Hyunjoo signaled to her that it was okay, so the girl limped out of the room not before giving a glare towards the hunky man. Once the door was closed, Taecyeon walked closer to the injured girl.

 

 

 

“Hyun….” He breathed out. “D-do you want anything else? I-I could get it for you..”

 

 

 

 

The girl did not even look at him in the eyes and just dismissed him coldly. “Yes, I need you to get out.”

 

 

 

The man raked his gel-coated hair in frustration. “Hyun, come on, I’m sorry, alright?”

 

 

“What a foolish decision done by a chief, who’s given the responsibility to be in charge of an important mission which involves LIVES. You are ing lucky Daehyun is still breathing.”

 

 

 

“I know, I know… I messed up. Big time. I was so into the promotion I became greedy for an instant. I just… wanted to impress Yubin by showing her my capabilities and change her perception of me – a weak idiot. Which apparently I am, now. I’m so, so, sorry.” Hyunjoo just kept quiet and stared at the wall with her arms folded, it was easier that way. Sensing that the girl’s anger might subside a little due to her silence, Taecyeon scooted forward and pulled the lying girl into a hug.

 

 

 

“Thank goodness you’re alive, Hyun-ah…Hyung was so worried…” he whispered on the crown of her head. Out of work context, the two agents basically are like blood-related siblings. Taecyeon rephrased himself as ‘hyung’ and not ‘oppa’ because Hyunjoo likes calling him that and everyone close to her would do the same by addressing her using the opposite gender’s honorifics.  Taecyeon, Hyunjoo along with her biological sister were adopted by the agency since young, and molded into special assets of the FSA. Together with the rest of the trainees, they trained and practiced various skills to determine which branch of the force suits them best – field agents, medical agents or Information Technology agents. The three were among the earliest recruits in FSA, and since there weren’t that many people, they bonded like family. With practice, skills and experience more than anyone else, they easily climbed the rankings up. All of them got to be field agents, until one unfortunate day an accident happened, causing Hyunjoo’s sister to transfer to the IT section.

 

 

 

 

Hyunjoo turned her head slightly and nodded against his broad shoulder. She wasn’t one to express her feelings that much and talks robotically, so people had thought that she is one without emotions. Even when Tzuyu mentioned about Daehyun’s condition, she only nodded and said a few parting words. It is not like she doesn’t care as she appears to be, but she feels awkward showing her other side to people, even to the ones she’s close with, except for her sister. Her personality is somewhat similar to that of a cold, emotionless robot but in actual fact, she cares.

 

 

 

 

 

It has been two weeks since the Aqua team captain was discharged. Hyunjoo seemed restless watching the other agents practicing with each other, going out for missions, and so on.  She was at the bench in the indoor gym, accompanying Sooyoung to do some work out to strengthen her upper body. She badly wanted to join in, but all agents were given a notice to keep an eye on her so she can’t just blindly risk herself to get a scolding from Taecyeon or her other bosses. All she can do was boringly stare at her friends and curse the culprit who stabbed her inwardly.

 

 

 

 

 

“Taec, please, I’m losing my mind here!”

 

 

 

“No. Do you know how much trouble I got into when you decided to play hero and went solo last time?”

 

 

 

“Oh come on, we all know it was partly your fault! Besides, the mission was a success, wasn’t it? Couldn’t you put in some good word for me to the President?” The President is the man behind the foundation of FSA. He was also the one who gave out the order to not let Hyunjoo get into action without fully recovering. That’s how much he cares about his agents. Without him, the whole agency wouldn’t have existed and made them who they are now. Nobody’s ever actually seen his face or figure because he liked to stay low profile, which was protested by the agents because they thought it was unfair for him to hide in the dark while they are out in the open, exposed, but who can’t fight the man who can crush their lives in a split second, anyway? Rumor has it that the man, initialed as S.M. lurks around them, diligently monitoring the agency’s progress, but one can only be really sure about something. The closest they’ve ever gotten to him was hearing his machine-programmed voice whenever they have urgent meetings, accompanied by his loyal men, led by a man called ‘Big Boss’ or better known as Yang Hyun Seuk.

 

 

 

 

Taecyeon sighed, clearly tired of the girl’s stubbornness. “Hyun, you do know no one’s ever actually talked directly to the President or even saw his face like, ever, right? How do you expect me to pass a word to him? And you’re not fully recovered yet, so just sit quietly, will ya?”

 

 

 

“Shouldn’t you know better? You’re the Chief, not me.” She shrugged, not really caring about his last point.

 

 

 

“Well you passed out on the opportunity to be one, so you don’t get to complain. Now scarce, I’m busy.” He shooed the latter only to get a kick to his .

 

 

 

 

“You leave me no choice, Taecyeon.” The way Hyunjoo whispered his name so dangerously low after pinning him down by kicking him made him shiver in fright. The two used to constantly practice together so both knew what their capabilities were. Hyunjoo was supposed to be the Chief, but rejected it since she wanted freedom rather than sitting in a room, having to supervise a team of hard headed brats – one she enjoys to be, and Taecyeon was the next best candidate, so he got promoted. The man was also partially grateful to Hyunjoo for not accepting the position as he wanted to prove to Yubin, a doctor whom he has a crush on since forever that he could be the best and not just some mere combat tools for the government.

 

 

“Aish, arasseo arasseo! I’ll see what I can do.” Hyunjoo smirked victoriously and celebrated internally when she managed to show Taecyeon that she is fit to do mission even with her current condition.

 

 

 

 

 

 

A week later

 

 

 

 

 

“Hazel, are you sure about this? You can withdraw anytime now, you hear me?”

 

 

 

 

“Don’t worry, I won’t.”

 

 

 

 

“If I see you in pain even just a little, I’m sending back up, alright?”
 

 

 

“Okay.” During a mission, the Aqua team captain doesn’t really like to talk much, unless it’s necessary. She even dislikes the earpiece but she was given a warning not to ignore the piece of gadget like last time, or else she’ll be stopped from the mission immediately and be detained in the medical ward.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

In a restaurant

 

 

 

 

“Oooh Tiff, look at that hottie outside. Omo he’s coming in!! Damn I’d tap those!”

 

 

 

“Lol babe, focus, we’re on a mission here.”

 

 

 

“Oh come on it’s not like the target is actually moving. He’s on a date for Pete’s sake!” A brunette called Tiffany diverted her eyes from a yakuza-looking man whose hands seemed to be filled with tattoos as it crawls out of his white, long sleeve of a shirt. She squinted her eyes at the transparent glass the restaurant was having and searched high and low for the said ‘hottie’.

 

 

 

“Yah, where is he??” Her best friend used her right hand to push the brunette’s chin to the direction where she was staring at, making the latter’s jaw drop at the view. A tall man with broad shoulders clad in an all-black tuxedo with a smooth jawline and fair complexion was seen to be walking towards the place of their mission.

 

 

 

“Jessi I’m calling dibs on that one!”

 

 

 

“What?! I saw him first!” Her blonde friend growled.

 

 

 

“But you didn’t call dibs on him, so technically, he’s mine.”

 

 

 

“Ugh, you and your stupid logic.”

 

 

 

“You know you love me, Jess. *merong*”

 

 

 

“You’re lucky I actually do. Ugh.”

 

 

“But Jessi, look at him. He looks perfect. And he’s wearing glasses too, looking smoking hot, sophisticated and intelligent at the same time. And the way he flips his fringe a little. Kyaaaa~~ Totally my style~” ‘Tiffany sighed dreamily, followed by her friend.

 

 

 

 

Just then, an annoying voice interrupted their happy moment. “Well, he could be my type too. Get back to work, girls. I think he’s going to the bathroom in a while, considering all of the drinks he’s had.”

 

 

 

“Ugh Heechul, you’re such a party pooper. I hate you.”

 

 

 

“Me too.” The blonde named Jessica chimed in.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Once they sense movements in their target, both girls lose the thoughts of the good-looking guy and concentrated on carrying out their next move. The target was on a date with a pretty young girl and made jokes to make her laugh.

 

 

 

Tiffany pretended to take a sip from her wine and nudged her best friend slightly using her elbow.

 

“He’s not bad at flirting. I guess the girl got fooled by his charms, lol.” Jessica nodded, agreeing with her statement.

 

 

 

 

“He’s standing up from his seat. Jess, I’ll go first, you follow up in about five minutes, alright?” Tiffany rose from her seat as well and casually walked to the bathroom with her black Gucci clutch in hand. She waited for the man to enter the men’s bathroom and peeked through the door slightly. Seeing her target had used the closed toilet, she stealthily sneaked in and locked the door without anyone noticing. Not wanting to draw suspicion, she took off her earpiece and kept it in her clutch. The brunette pretended to wash her hands and fixed her make up in the mirror while waiting.

 

 

 

 

The man got out of the toilet and was surprised that there was a hot, gorgeous woman in a men’s bathroom. He smirked ertedly while scanning her curvaceous body that was wrapped in a short, red mini dress. Sensing her target behind her, she pretended to drop her lipstick on the floor and bent her body slowly but sensually to seduce the man.

 

 

 

The target approached her from behind with a dirty smile and placed his hands on her hips. Tiffany grumbled internally, feeling his already hard , trying to grind against her .

 

 

 

“What’s a beautiful woman like you doing here, hmm? If you’re lost, I can show you the way out.” Tiffany felt annoyed with his statement and disgusting hot breath which reeked of alcohol and smoke but decided to play along. What did his date see in him, anyway? Ugh.

 

 

She turned to face him, with their bodies practically glued against each other. She traced the man’s body with her slender fingers from his torso and stopped until it is dangerously low, right above at the area in between his legs.

 

 

 

“Would you mind showing it to me now, then?” she gave a flirty wink. The man was more than happy and was about to unbuckle his pants when suddenly he was kicked with brute force in the groins.

 

 

 

 

“ARGHH! WHAT THE ?!?” He dropped down to the floor with his hands clutching his balls.

 

 

 

“You are under arrest for being an accomplice of Sung Dong Il, who was involved in ion, trades, drug dealing, and misuse of the government’s authorities.” Tiffany was about to cuff the man using the handcuffs hidden in her clutch but she was flipped over and ended up being under the man.

 

 

 

“You, young lady, have messed with the wrong guy. And you’re going to pay for this, .” He pinned the younger girl’s hands below him and slapped her face. Tiffany winced a little at the attack as it cut her lips slightly but put on a brave façade, nevertheless. She wasn’t going to show the man that she’s scared. She was going to wait until he gets distracted for a moment and begin her attack. The burly man inched closer and roughly kissed her flawless neck. His hands wandered upon her body and was about to tear off the mini dress that was out of his way when a powerful punch landed on his side cheek, making him fall to the floor. Tiffany was surprised too, considering she was about to make her escape plan.

 

 

 

‘The hot guy from before!! ‘  She gasped with eyes widened.

 

 

 

 

“Are you alright? I’m sorry, please step out of this bathroom. I’ll take care of him.” His deep, husky voice broke her thoughts.

 

 

 

 

“H-Huh? No no no, it’s okay I got this. Please, leave immediately.”

 

 

 

The ‘man’ looked at her like she is out of her mind for saying that after she almost got . ‘He’ was a bit shocked too, that she wasn’t showing any signs of trauma.

 

 

 

“Miss, I think you’ve injured yourself, please, exit this place and go to the hospital.” The mysterious ‘man’ or Hyunjoo said and without wasting any more time at the stubborn woman and proceeded to drag her mission target along to the door. Tiffany thought that Hyunjoo might be one of the man’s henchmen and kicked the hand that was dragging the yakuza.

 

 

 

“Hey, what the hell?!” Tiffany posed into a fighting stance and provoked the girl to come closer with her hand.

 

 

 

Hyunjoo sighed tiredly and looked at the brunette in front of her. I want to finish this fast, and yet this nobody came out of nowhere, trying to stop me. Maybe one of his es, ugh troublesome .

 

 

 

 

“I don’t usually hit women, but you leave me no choice, Miss.” She sprinted towards Tiffany and caught her off guard, pinning her hands the same way the previous man did to the floor. She reached at the back of her suit to get a pair of handcuffs out, but got punched quite hard by the girl beneath when one of her hands were freed. She stumbled on her and got kicked by the pointy high heels Tiffany was wearing. Usually if she got crazy hits from her opponent, she will bear it, but this time the girl was wearing sharp heels and not only that, it hit bull’s eye at her wound.

 

 

 

 

“…”  Hyunjoo clutched her abdomen and gritted her teeth in pain. She was about to repeat her move on Tiffany but with much more force now that she knows the girl is not to be underestimated but was stopped when the door burst open, and in come a blonde girl.

 

 

 

“Stop! Tiff are you alright?! I just got here after I got a new info from Heechul. Wait.” Jessica used her hand and punched the target’s throat, making him choke for a while to prevent him from escaping. The two other girls stood there, different confusions clearly displayed on their faces.

 

 

 

“What is it, Jess? I’m busy here. The guy’s got an accomplice.” She pointed with fierce eyes glaring at Hyunjoo.

 

 

 

“W-what? ME? An accomplice? Excuse me, I thought you were his partner. Standing up for some jerk. Tch. And who the hell are you guys, anyway?”

 

 

 

Tiffany furrowed her eyebrows when she saw her friend bowing slightly to the ‘man’ beside her.

 

 

 

“Annyeonghaseyo ‘Hazel’ Sunbae. We’re really sorry, our boss just told us about you and that we were supposed to help you but the info reached late to our ears, so we may have acted a bit rash. Again, we’re sorry.” Jessica bowed again before approaching the wide-eyed Tiffany.

 

 

 

“O-our Sunbae?”

 

 

 

“Yes you idiot, bow to him!”

 

 

 

Hyunjoo was too angry to realize that Jessica referred her as a ‘he’ and shouted to the earpiece. “The is this Chief??! I told you I don’t need back up! I’m doing fine myself!”

 

 

 

 

“’Hazel, you could’ve been in danger once again if not for agents Hwang and Jung.”

 

 

 

“Are you kidding me?!! The so called ‘agent’ was the reason I could have been in danger! She tried to kill me!” she pointed to Tiffany who was now staring at the ground timidly.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

FSA base

 

 

 

 

 

“You are required to be agent Hwang’s mentor and Sooyoung will be working with agent Jung to help with her familiarize with the base. Are we clear?”

 

 

 

“No we’re not! First you send some flimsy backups to work with, and now you want me as a babysitter? Hell no I’m not going to do that.”

 

 

 

 

“It’s an order from the President. They just transferred here from the American base and they asked for the top agents to help them out.”

 

 

 

“Why me? The-There’s Momo and Himuro and also TOP! Also you! Why are you asking us to do this? It’s unfair, right Sooyoung?” Hyunjoo turned to her friend for help. Sooyoung just shrugged her shoulders and gave a pitiful expression because she didn’t really mind working with fresh faces.

 

 

 

“Both of you have been here the longest, and also the most qualified ones out there. As much as I’d love to hang out with two beautiful ladies, I have my own duty to carry as a Chief and also another woman to please. So, if you guys will….” Taecyeon pointed towards the exit of his office.

 

 

 

 

Hyunjoo gave an unsatisfied glance towards the older guy and stomped her way out of the room.

 

 

 

“A cold, but grumpy person, huh Syoo?” he said to Sooyoung.

 

 

 

“Your fault Chief. You know how much she hates interacting with new people, especially the one who fought with her.” Taecyeon just shrugged and gave out a hearty chuckle.

 

 

 

“She’ll learn soon.”

 

 

 

 

 

Infirmary

 

 

 

“Nurse can I get some stitches please? I think my wound opened up a bit.” Hyunjoo ed the below part of her long white sleeve shirt, exposing her toned stomach and bleeding wound.

 

 

 

“I told you to rest, didn’t I? Now look who’s hurt! Aigoo this girl.” The nurse shook her head.

 

 

 

“This wouldn’t have happened if a stupid girl didn’t interrupt my mission – ouch! Yah are you trying to kill me on purpose?” the nurse chuckled and took a wet cotton to wipe all the blood stains away after she was done.

 

 

 

“You were too noisy, I had to do something hehe. Now off you go. Remember, lay off the missions for a while!” Hyunjoo was about to retort when they were interrupted by a knock from the open wooden door.

 

 

 

 

Tiffany was walking around her new workplace and accidentally heard the conversation between Hyunjoo and the nurse, so she eavesdropped them. She put a hand over to prevent her gasp from coming out when she saw the bleeding mess on the agent’s body.

 

 

 

“Umm… May I come in?” she asks timidly. The nurse just smiled at the newcomer and left the room to give them some privacy. Hyunjoo who saw the intruder got off the bed and buttoned her shirt, ignoring the presence of the younger girl.

 

 

 

 

“Umm… S-Sunbae… I am so sorry for what had happened earlier… I didn’t know so I – “ Her words were halted when the older agent walked past by her like she wasn’t there. Tiffany pouted sadly and sighed at the luck she had on her first day at a new place.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N : I was so excited on writing this chapter loll. Comment and tell me how was it! Kekekeke. Anyway have you guys seen Taeyeon’s epic teasers?!?!?!?! ISTG I COULD DIE LIKE EVERY DAY I GET HEART ATTACKS IN THE MORNING ONLY TO DIE AGAIN THE NEXT DAY KIM TAEYEON YOU B-! HAHAHAH OH WELL SHE IS DA QUEEEEENN!! WEEEEEE~~ See you next chap!!