Seven

Dangerous Women

 


After finishing the mission, Jiyeon was treated at the FSA base’s infirmary under Nurse Sunny’s care with Hyunjoo by her side since the girl’s too traumatized to be left alone. The brown haired girl also felt safer with Hyunjoo as she was the one who rescued her from the scene anyway. Fortunately for Jiyeon, she wasn’t that hurt, just a few scratches that was scarred on her flawless, pale skin and a small cut at her neck where the knife was previously placed at.

 


The place was filled with comfortable silence as Sunny was applying some antiseptics to Jiyeon’s cut when she decided to break it due to her boredom. “So, Hyun, are you already okay with the rookie?”

 


Hyunjoo made a disinterested face and side-eyed the much shorter nurse. “Who?”

 

 


Sunny was not affected by the taller girl’s cold tone and tried prying further. “Oh you know, the one who you gave some concealer and stuff to hide some nasty hickey on her neck? Plus after that incident she came in again to get some bandage for her knee. I don’t know if she’s just that clumsy or what because that’s quite fast for an agent to come here – even a rookie. Oh and do you remember when you and your sister-“ 

 

 


Blabbers were all Hyunjoo heard as her mind drifted back to the day she passed her own concealer to the nurse for her to hand it to Tiffany. And to the day where she shot her with the paintball gun to feed her own ego. The handsome, short-haired woman felt a twinge in her stomach when she reminisced her act of leaving her mentee behind when she’s hurt. Scenes of Tiffany getting all touchy with Seunghyun from before also crossed her mind, making a frown appear on her face. Hyunjoo shook her head out of those thoughts, convincing herself that it was just guilt eating her up. I mean, the girl’s just a mere rookie, right?

 

 


The senior agent was about to walk away from the infirmary to relieve some stress, only to have a small hand tugging at her wrist. She turned towards the source, only to have a petrified pair of round eyes staring right at her, pleading her not to leave. Jiyeon stood up abruptly, startling Sunny in the process. 

 

 

“Hey I’m still not done with you, Miss.”

 


“I-It’s alright, I’m going to follow her.” Jiyeon turned her head to Hyunjoo, delivering a silent message that she’s still somewhat scared and needed the older girl by her side. Hyunjoo felt bad for ignoring the younger girl so she grabbed the forceps and antiseptic from Sunny’s hands and said she’ll take care of this one. The shorter nurse nodded, she had other jobs to do anyway, and the cut wasn’t that deep so anyone with no medical background could’ve treated Jiyeon. Plus, Hyunjoo has had these kind of training before, so she didn’t worry that much. 

 


“I’m sorry”, she started while pressing the cotton gently but firm on the wound. “Something came across my mind.” Jiyeon waited for more words from the older girl, but she showed no sign of talking anymore. She shook her head a little, cautious not to mess with the agent’s work. “It’s okay, I’m just a bit scared about earlier, I guess. I’m so sorry for bothering you…umm..-“ “Ah, it’s Hyunjoo. You can call me Hyunjoo.”

 


The agent flashed a smile which made the younger girl blush and looked at anywhere else other than Hyunjoo. “Alright, we’re done. Are your bodyguards here yet?” Jiyeon bit her lips, her mind quickly thinking of ways to spend more time with Hyunjoo.

 

 

“C-Can you drive me home instead?” She blurted out and widened her eyes immediately after.

 

 

“I-I mean, if it’s not a hassle to you. I can always just call up my guards, they’ll be here any minute.” The brown haired girl searched her jeans pocket for her phone but realized that it was taken by the goons who had kidnapped her.

 


Jiyeon pouted a little when she couldn’t find her phone, eliciting a small and husky chuckle from Hyunjoo. Hyunjoo wasn’t always this friendly towards anyone, but Jiyeon emitted an aura similar to her younger sister, making her feel the need to protect the heiress.

 


Hyunjoo ruffled the shorter girl’s hair and handed her the phone she obtained from Jessica. “Here. But no need to call your guards, I’ll drive you back home.”

 

 


A wide grin latched on the younger girl’s face, doing nothing to hide her gleefulness. Jiyeon also wrapped an arm around the senior agent’s muscular ones as they proceeded to the parking lot underground. The two were walking a comfortable silence until they hear some laughter filling the space before the elevator. Hyunjoo’s eyes twitched for a moment when she saw Tiffany and Seunghyun exchanging playful banters before going back to her cold self.

 


The Aqua team leader coughed a little to make their presence known to the giggling duo with a fist clenched and hidden in her right pocket of her leather jacket. 

 

 

“Oh Hyunjoo! I didn’t know you’re still here. Moving fast now, are we?” Seunghyun smirked and wiggled his eyebrows at the linked arms between Jiyeon and Hyunjoo. The heiress, not noticing the tension, of course gave a shy smile and a hue of pink tint her cheeks. Tiffany’s expression changed almost immediately when she saw her mentor. With a girl. Clinging to her arm. And Hyunjoo seemed to be unbothered with it. The brunette pursed her lips, remembering all the cold treatments that she got from her Captain, when all she did was trying to do her job properly.

 


Ignoring her teammate’s statement, she turned towards the silent brunette. “How are you going back, agent Hwang?”

 


Tiffany was startled because she didn’t think that her superior would even try to engage in a conversation with her. Heck, she thought the older girl hated her guts so much.

 


“I’m sending her back myself. Sooyoung had gone first, sending Jessica right after the mission ended but I wanted to get some stuffs so here we are.” Seunghyun’s deep voice answered instead, and the Aqua team leader clicked her tongue, feeling a bit annoyed at her long time member for interrupting her conversation with Tiffany.

 

 

The elevator light shone brightly and a ‘ting’ was heard, indicating that it is at their floor level. The door opened and all four of them got in.

 


Hyunjoo continued to converse with Seunghyun, wanting to settle something in her heart. “You know what TOP, why don’t you let me take her home. I mean, your house is quite far from here right? And as far as I’m concerned, agent Hwang lives closer to me, and I can just drop her off on my way home and after sending Jiyeon-ssi here.” Jiyeon pouted a little, sad that she wouldn’t be able to be alone with Hyunjoo, Seunghyun squinted his eyes a bit at the newly, suspicious behavior of his Captain, and Tiffany who was feeling annoyed that her two sunbaes talking like she wasn’t there widened her eyes. 

 


“How did you know where I live??” The brunette didn’t even bother to hide the surprise laced within her voice.

 


Hyunjoo immediately coughed to ease the awkwardness. “What do you mean, of course I’d know where my mentee lives, won’t I?” Good call Hyunjoo. She mentally pats her back for the quick thinking.

 


Seunghyun then spoke up, pretending to be offended, “But it took you around a year to remember where I live and that’s only because we had a gathering there!” Ah, yes. How can I forget that TOP’s here. 

 


Again, the short-haired girl ignored her teammate and repeated her words, only this time it sounded firmer, almost as if she was using her authority as a team leader to do so. “Agent Hwang, you’re coming with us. Have a safe drive, TOP.” 

 


The elevator door opened and the underground parking lot appeared into view. It was late and despite wanting to talk to Tiffany more, Seunghyun nodded and bid goodnight to them as he was feeling a bit sore from the mission too. 

 


“See you tomorrow Tiff,” Seunghyun shot a wink to the younger girl which made her return the favor with a blinding eyesmile. Hyunjoo only scoffed to herself and entered her dashing red Audi 5 sportsback with Jiyeon seating herself at the front seat. Tiffany noticed that the former likes the color red, they were using a red bike with white tiger designs from the mission before too.

 

 


The drive home was filled with Jiyeon’s random questions about Hyunjoo’s life, with Tiffany staring out of the window silently, and Hyunjoo’s occasional glances at the brunette through the front mirror. Sometime later, they arrived at a grand looking mansion and was stopped by two guards at the main gate. The guards wouldn’t let them in even though Jiyeon gave a signal that they’re her friends so the latter sighed and prepared to walk all the way up to her house. She was used to this, after all.

 

 


“Thank you so much Hyunjoo-unnie. For everything. I’ll see you next time?” The brown haired girl held Hyunjoo’s hand that was on the gear and caressed it with her thumb. Hyunjoo smiled and nodded. 

 

 

“Take care Jiyeon-ssi.” The younger girl suddenly leaned in and planted a peck on the older girl’s cheek by surprise. The senior agent didn’t even get to react to it because the heiress was already running out from the car towards her mansion. The brunette who was witnessing the scene from behind unconsciously bore holes into the skull of her senior. ”Unnie” at the first meet?? Girl sure has some guts. 

 


A husky voice broke her train of thoughts without even looking at her. “You should sit in front, don’t you think? I’m not your chauffeur you know.” Tiffany blinked her eyes twice, registering the words in her brain before doing the same as Jiyeon and moved to the front passenger seat. The brunette put on her seatbelt and gripped the leathered belt in hopes to calm her nerves. Hyunjoo did not try to strike another conversation afterwards and albeit the radio playing soothing ballads, Tiffany still felt the silence was slightly uncomfortable. Many questions whirled in her head; how come the heiress gets a much nicer treatment during their first meet although Sooyoung had mentioned the older girl to be quite unfriendly at times, why did she offer to send her home when she perfectly knows that the latter couldn’t stand her sight, and, God, why is the older girl so bipolar?? But Tiffany kept all those thoughts to herself. She didn’t dare risk to damage their working relationship more, and she definitely knew her small crush on her senior has got to go.

 

 


Hyunjoo, on the other hand, was internally enjoying the drive to Tiffany’s. She wondered what was going on in that tiny head of hers as she stared blankly at the view outside the window, but the senior agent wasn’t complaining. In fact, she had been stealing glances at the younger girl, smiling slightly at how pretty the moonlight illuminated her porcelain skin as they drove under the moon, but the brunette hadn’t noticed due to being too occupied in her thoughts. Hyunjoo appreciates the silent trip, for she knows if she tried to open , only foul words would come out and she did not want to hurt the younger girl’s feelings anymore. She was puzzled by her behavior towards her mentee too. She realized the significant difference of treatment she gave towards everyone else compared to the brunette. But she couldn’t help it. A part of her feels happy seeing Tiffany, but her other half hates it when she appears in her sight. So she quits thinking too much and pressed her right foot on the accelerator a bit more.

 

 

 

 

 

 


A/N : This of an author is back :") I'm sorry it's short but it's been awhile and I'm trying to get things back in track (meaning I've lost touch for this story and have to try to absorb myself in this once more). Anyway suggestions on scenes would really help! I mean is there any particular scene y'all want mr to write? I'll work harder after this. Thanks for reading ! :)