Four

Dangerous Women

 

After the game ended, Tiffany limped back into the headquarters and went straight to the infirmary to get some alcohol for her wound. The girl tried to hide her tears after receiving a harsh treatment from her supposed to be mentor.

 

 

 

 

“Yah! How can you be so careless and slow??! Didn’t they teach you anything before you come here??’

 

 

 

 

Hyunjoo’s words kept ringing in her ears. Back in America, the higher-ups were all Koreans, and despite her being half Korean, Tiffany struggled a lot communicating in the language since her family prefers to speak in English. Due to the language barrier, she had difficulties understanding what her Commander instructed them to do, causing her to get many punishments for not being able to catch up. Fortunately, she wasn’t alone. She had Jessica by her side. The latter also faced the same problem as Tiffany, and both got along during their extra trainings. Many didn’t know the hardships they went through. Being “different” caused them to get bullied by their seniors, thinking that they are better. But now all of those are in the past. Both agents are doing well and even got transferred to Korea earlier than their snobbish seniors, which they were really grateful for.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

With her transfer, she definitely proved to everyone in America that she can do it, but wounds heal, scars don’t. Hyunjoo’s words affected her, considering that the woman is her supervisor and that she is supposed to do everything to please Hyunjoo in order to pass as a certified agent. Her motivation dropped by a lot and the girl felt like breaking down as she limped through the doors with her shoulders hung low. ‘I know I shouldn’t let this get to me…I mean, its nothing like back in US… But why do I feel so hurt?’ She didn’t realize a few droplets of tears streamed down her face until someone snapped her out of her trance.

 

 

 

 

“Tiff, are you okay? Omg you’re bleeding! Let’s get you cleaned up. Tiff…. Do you hear me?” Tiffany turned her head upwards slowly, meeting Jessica’s eyes.

 

 

 

“Oh my gosh why are you crying??” Tiffany blinked her eyes a few times and frantically wiped her face.

 

 

“H-haha, I didn’t even realize this.” Sooyoung came beside Jessica and worriedly asked about her condition.

 

 

 

“Hey are you alright? What had happened? And where’s Hyunjoo?”

 

 

 

 

 

At the infirmary, another nurse handed Jessica a first aid kit and let the blonde agent attend to her friend since it was not really serious. While Tiffany got her knee treated, Sooyoung demanded about Hyunjoo’s whereabouts and forced her to tell everything. Tiffany felt guilty for telling on Hyunjoo to the tall girl, but Sooyoung was quite the monster if you test her patience. She narrated the whole story slowly and careful not to make Hyunjoo look bad, but the incident where she shot the brunette was enough to tick Sooyoung off.

 

 

 

 

“S-She shot you?! What the hell?!” Sooyoung’s outburst got the two Korean-Americans taken aback.

 

 

 

 

“That’s it, come with me guys.” Tiffany and Jessica did not want to upset Sooyoung more so they got up – Tiffany a bit slowly with her wounded knee in the way and tailed behind the senior agent with mixed emotions.

 

 

 

 

 

The taller girl led them to the same place they went to last time – the IT basement, using another secret passage due to Tiffany’s injury after giving a call to Momo, asking about Hyunjoo’s whereabouts. They walked past the Chief’s room and stopped at a small, dim room. There were only green and blue neon lights on at the inside walls. Despite that there weren’t much of a lighting in the room, the three of them could make out the presence of Hyunjoo and another girl happily talking. Tiffany was surprised seeing a new side of her captain, with all smiles on her face and not a single frown nor grumpiness was seen. The short-haired woman was playfully blowing her fringe and stuck her tongue out at the unknown stanger with gorgeous ash blonde hair. ‘I wish she could at least smile at me… The girl looks younger than most of us, though,’ Tiffany thought while biting her cheeks internally, feeling jealous at the apparent intimacy shown by Hyunjoo to the girl as she kissed the latter her on the cheeks and ruffled her hair.

 

 

 

Sooyoung interrupted their sweet moment by barging into the room alone. Tiffany and Jessica couldn’t make out what their seniors were saying but clearly it was something that Hyunjoo disliked because her face darkened slightly and said something back to Sooyoung before walking out the room and slammed the door. Hyunjoo saw Tiffany standing outside and her eyes traced down towards her slightly bent right leg due to her bandage. Hyunjoo paused her steps and stared at Tiffany with a look that the younger girl can’t decipher. They held the staring contest for a while before Hyunjoo broke the gaze and walked past her like nothing had happened.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Dugeun. Dugeun. Dugeun.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Tiffany-ssi, I’m sorry about Hyun’s behavior… It’s so unlikely of her to act like this though… I don’t know what’s gotten into her.. Maybe it’s her ego talking. I swear she’s a really nice person.. Please forgive her this time?” Sooyoung said with a plead in her voice.

 

 

 

 

Tiffany just shook her head and waved it off, saying it’s nothing. She peeked through the dim glass room once again, only to find the previous blonde girl staring right at her with a playful grin and wiggled her eyebrows when she met her eyes. But to Tiffany, the grin seemed more like a smirk. She was about to open to speak but Jessica had already dragged her hand out of the place since she had been calling the girl for a few times but she didn’t respond. Tiffany unwillingly forced her steps and turned her head back to the room to see the strange girl but she had already faced her back to the glass.  The brunette made a mental note to ask Sooyoung about the mysterious girl but it soon slipped out of her mind once she had to resume her normal schedule.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Bang!

 

 

 

 

Bang!

 

 

 

 

Bang!

 

 

 

 

“Here, put these on.” Hyunjoo had brought Tiffany to a shooting range to let the girl practice her shooting. As an agent, it is crucial for you to get your shots accurate because once you miss, the chance of you getting assassinated first is most likely. The Aqua team captain handed the girl a pair of protective black glasses and ear plugs. Knowing that her hair would be in the way, Tiffany tied her brown locks intoa high ponytail. She was wearing a sleeveless jacket with a white shirt inside, making her look like a professional shooter in action.

 

 

 

 

Hyunjoo wore the same outfit, except she put on some gel and slicked her fringe behind, exposing her forehead and gave her a manlier look. Tiffany tried so hard not to stare at the hot person beside her but failed as she kept stealing glances at the well-toned body. ‘How many hours did she work out a day to built a body like this..and she’s not even a guy but has a frame like one…’ The brunette thought internally but shook her head as she was still a bit upset by the way Hyunjoo treated her last time.

 

 

 

 

“Alright, I don’t expect much from you..but give it a shot.” Hyunjoo spoke with her husky voice breaking the silence between them. There were only the two of them in the range because Hyunjoo requested so. She dislikes crowds, and think it’s better to train Tiffany without others interrupting her ways.

 

 

 

 

 

Hyunjoo’s POV

 

 

 

 

I saw that her right leg had healed from last time’s injury. She’s walking just fine…I guess? I don’t know, I’m not sure. I don’t even know why I behaved like this. I don’t usually open up to people easily but…I think I may went a bit strict with her. Okay not a bit, I did went overboard. But she keeps getting on my nerves Every. Single. Time. Even the sight of her makes my insides boil with anger..? Ugh. But I’ve promised Sooyoung and Taecyeon that I’ll treat her better so…I guess I’ll try. No guarantee though.

 

 

 

 

 

Author’s POV

 

 

 

 

When Tiffany heard the husky voice instructing her to take her shot, she timidly brought up a gun and shakily pressed the trigger. She wasn’t nervous because of the whole process of shooting, she’s just nervous and afraid if Hyunjoo decides to snap at her again. The shot definitely missed the target as she let her timidness take over. The brunette didn’t even dare to look up at her mentor and closed her eyes behind those black glasses, hoping she could dig a hole and bury herself inside.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Tiffany’s POV

 

 

 

 

 

Oh my gosh what did I just do!! . . . She’s going to kill me!!! Arghh stupid pig!! I shut my eyes tightly and bit my lips hard as I waited for her response. I heard a tired sigh but that’s it. When there weren’t any, my eyelids fluttered open slowly and my breath hitched as I felt another presence behind me. More like, engulfing me. Hugging me from the back. And it’s Hyunjoo Sunbae-nim!!! Omg what was she doing??!

 

 

 

My heart was beating so fast as she grabbed the both of my hands with hers and guided the gun towards the target’s body. Oh. The training. Of course.

 

 

 

 

“Calm down and relax… You were too stiff just now.. You do it like this…” her y, husky voice penetrated my earbuds and I soon relaxed in her embrace as her enticing vanilla scent evaded my nostrils. I felt so much more at ease. When she felt that I was getting comfortable, she let go of me and I must say that I was very disappointed. Hyunjoo Sunbae went back to the counter, probably wanting to quit training me and put her stuffs back.

 

 

 

I took a deep breath and focused on the target. Somehow, I was feeling very determined to prove that I am a skillful agent. I closed my right eye and gripped the Glock 17 gun professionally in my hand.

 

 

 

 

 

Bang!

 

 

 

 

Bang!

 

 

 

 

 

Bang!

 

 

 

 

 

Three clean shots in a row, accurately aimed at the chest. I blew the smoke from my gun as if I had accomplished a mission and turned around to look at Hyunjoo Sunbae. I knew I wouldn’t miss the second time, because I was one of the best shooters in town back in America. I also knew I so did not fail to impress Hyunjoo Sunbae as she gave me a small smile and patted my back. She FREAKING SMILED!! AT ME!! OH MY GOSH. AND IT WAS THE MOST BEAUTIFUL THING EVER!! OR HOT. Whichever it is but I was sure I grinned so hard because after that my jaw started to hurt.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hyunjoo’s POV

 

 

 

 

I let out a sigh. I should’ve known better. But I don’t know why I seem to expect more from her. Oh well. I approached Tiffany closer and wrapped my body against hers to finalize her shooting position. I could feel her body tense up against mine, probably due to the close proximity. Maybe it was just me, but the temperature of the building seemed to increase.

 

 

 

 

I could smell….strawberry? From her brown locks. She smells so good that I had to secretly sniff her hair while guiding her. Her body heat also felt warm and nice so I moulded our bodies a little closer. After I had finished helping her aim, I felt her body relax and decided to step back to let her do it on her own. I admit that I kinda missed her warmth, but that’s probably because I haven’t had that much human contact in a while except for with my sister.

 

 

 

 

 

I turned around to the counter to get a new pair of earplugs as mine don’t seem to be working well, only to hear three gun shots released. I looked back and saw those perfect bullet holes at the target’s chest and gave a proud smile to Tiffany. My reactions must have surprised her as she widened her eyes and replied my smile with a huge grin that somehow made me feel warm in the inside. I patted the girl’s shoulder as a sign of encouragement and proceeded to take my new earplugs.

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N : HelloooO! How was this?? Hahahaha sorry it’s a bit short. Just a liiiiittle fluff for me readers hehehe. What do u think about their POVs? Or should I continue like from before, only from the Author’s POV? The thing about my writing style is, I change whenever I like, without realizing, which is bad…. Hahahaha because some likes to read like this, some like that… Hmm so hit me up alright! Love ya! :DDD