Chapter 13

Recovery [Discontinued]

Chapter 13

“So hyungs what are we going to do today?” Kyuhyun asked as everyone finished their meals. “Hmm nothing much since we’re still on a break. I guess we could go out if you’d like to.” Kangin replied. “We could go to the amusement park! It’s been such a long time since we’ve been there.” Kyuhyun said as he stood up to head to the living room. As he passed by the window, he saw cars driving by and stopped in his tracks. Thinking more carefully now, Kyuhyun remembered that the only way to go to the amusement park was by car and he didn’t think he was ready for that. Kyuhyun felt the ever present fear starting to creep in as he paled and clenched his fist.

Noticing something was obviously wrong with Kyuhyun, Changmin called out to him. “Kyuhyun, are you alright?” Not wanting his hyungs and Changmin to worry any further, Kyuhyun tried to hold back his fear as he faced them. “I’m…f..fine” he said. However, his expression betrayed his words as his lips formed a thin line and he started breaking out in cold sweat. “Omg Kyu what happened!” Kangin said as he reached out to grab Kyuhyun’s shoulders. Luckily Kangin had a firm grip as Kyuhyun’s knees gave way and Kangin caught him before he could touch the floor. Hearing the swishing sound of the cars passing by, Kangin finally understood what caused Kyuhyun his panic. As he gently lifted Kyuhyun onto the sofa, he silently mouthed to Sungmin to close the windows and the curtains. Sungmin immediately understood as he carried out those actions. “I’ll get some water.” Shindong announced as he headed into the kitchen. “I’m fine hyungs.” Kyuhyun weakly argued. “No you’re not, get some rest you’re still not fully recovered. We will wake you later.” Changmin said sternly. Hearing the tone of Changmin’s voice, Kyuhyun knew that it was pointless to argue further. He mumbled a lazy ‘okay’ before falling asleep.

5 Hours Later…

Every one of the Super Junior members and Changmin with the exception of Kyuhyun was gathered in the living room. Kyuhyun had fallen into a deep sleep earlier and Kangin had carried him back to his room. After Leeteuk, Heechul, Yesung, Donghae and Ryeowook had returned from the schedule, including Siwon who came from his home, Kangin had explained the situation to the others. “I didn’t know it was that bad, even the sight of cars causes him a panic attack.” Yesung said. “What will we do hyungs, seeing how bad his trauma is it beginning to seem like he won’t ever recover.” Ryeowook mumbled with a frown. Leeteuk let out a loud sigh as he brought his hands up to rub his face. “Don’t worry hyungs, that’s what we’re here for. We will help Kyuhyun to get through this won’t we?” Changmin said. Heechul chuckled, “Kyuhyun’s lucky to have a friend like you.” Patting Changmin on the shoulder, Donghae added with a grin, “That’s right, as long as we’re here we can help Kyuhyun get through this together!” Laughing at Donghae’s antics, the atmosphere brightened up. The rest of the evening was spent quietly, although everyone was worried about Kyuhyun, they were determined to make their maknae better.