Chapter 12

Recovery [Discontinued]

Chapter 12

After 10 minutes of washing up, Kyuhyun headed to the living room to watch television, however he was interrupted by a loud growl produced by his stomach. Kyuhyun walked towards the kitchen and checked the microwave to see if there were any left overs for breakfast only to find some plain rice left in the rice cooker and nothing else. “Wookie must have thought that we would still be asleep when they came back.” Kyuhyun thought to himself as he opened the fridge. In there were 5 eggs, a few slices of cheese and a can of luncheon meat. “Hmm, why don’t I make breakfast for my hyungs instead?” Kyuhyun said to himself as he took out the items and placed them on the counter. “I’m pretty sure my cooking skills improved over the past few years, no longer am I the same guy who used sesame oil to cook luncheon meat.” Kyuhyun said inwardly as he took out frying pan and set to work. Grabbing a bowl, Kyuhyun started cracking the eggs one by one, pleased that he did not have too many stray eggshells. Removing the cheese from their wrappers, he shredded to cheese into the same bowl and added a small amount of soy sauce into the mixture before stirring. Setting the mixture aside, Kyuhyun proceeded to cut the luncheon meat into thin slices. Finally, Kyuhyun the fire and took out a bottle of oil, this time around double checking that it was cooking oil before pouring a small amount of it into the pan.

All of a sudden the doorbell rang, and Kyuhyun being startled by the abrupt noise accidentally touched the side of the hot pan. “Argh!” Kyuhyun yelled as he immediately withdrew his hand but due to this sudden action, Kyuhyun hit his elbow harshly on the table corner. Wincing in pain, Kyuhyun backed away from the table only to trip over his own foot and eventually he found himself kissing the floor.

“Ding…Dong......Ding...Dong” after ringing the doorbell for what seemed like the millionth time, Changmin figured that no one was around. As he was about to leave, he remembered Kyuhyun telling him that there was a spare key under the door mat. Deciding that he could let himself in and wait for his hyungs, Changmin proceeded to open the door only to be met with an ungraceful pose of Kyuhyun lying on the floor. “Omg Kyu, what happened?” Changmin yelled as he hurried over to Kyuhyun’s side. Kyuhyun let out a groan as Changmin lifted him up and led him over to a seat. At the same time Kangin and Eunhyuk came running into the kitchen. “What happened, we heard knocking and banging and the doorbell ringing?” Eunhyuk asked. “It’s nothing, I just wanted to cook for hyungs. Everything was going well until I got startled by the doorbell and accidentally touched the hot pan and as I withdrew my hand I knocked my elbow on the table corner only to trip over my foot afterwards.” Kyuhyun explained as he scratched the back of his head in embarrassment. Hearing Kyuhyun’s explanation, Changmin, Eunhyuk and Kangin couldn’t help but laugh at the absurdity of it. “Why is our maknae always so clumsy.” Kangin chuckled as he ruffled Kyuhyun’s head, earning a scowl from Kyuhyun. “Eunhyuk, Changmin both of you help Kyuhyun take care of his hand, I’ll clean up.” Kangin said as he approached the stove, turned the heat off and threw away the already charred luncheon meat before opening a new can of luncheon meat. Meanwhile Kyuhyun was receiving a lecture from his best friend at how he was obviously untalented in the arts of cooking. “I know Changmin, but I just wanted to repay my hyungs after all they were worried sick about me.” Kyuhyun said. “Yes but there are others way to repay them, every time you are let into a kitchen a disaster strikes!” Changmin reprimanded. Kyuhyun who had nothing to say knowing that everything Changmin stated was true, just pouted. “All right all right my cute dongsaengs, no point arguing over what is in the past, let’s just take care of the burn okay?” Eunhyuk said as he sat down at the table with the first aid box and a bowl of ice. Kyuhyun flinched slightly as the coolness of the ice touched his swollen skin. “Just promise me you’ll try to avoid the kitchen like a plague. Honestly it will do all of us a favour.” Eunhyuk teased the younger. Kyuhyun just gave the latter a glare before nodding his head. “Much better!” Eunhyuk announced as he finished applying the last of the ointment on Kyuhyun’s skin.

“Is that food I smell?” Turning to the direction of the voice, Kyuhyun, Eunhyuk and Changmin saw a smiling Shindong with saliva threatening to drip out of his mouth followed by a sleepy looking Sungmin right behind him. “Yah Shindong close your mouth before you get saliva all over the floor and yes lunch is served.” Kangin announced as he brought out a plate of luncheon meat, sunny side up eggs, scrambled eggs and sausages that he cooked at the last minute and finally six bowls of rice. “Let’s tuck in!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hi guys! I'm finally back, I know I previously announced that I might be abandoning this story but I decided not to as I promised my readers that I would not discontinue any of my stories. I'm still having a writer's block for this story but I do have some new ideas. Honestly I wanted this storyline to contain so humor in it but somehow it's not working out very well. Nevertheless, I'll try not to make this story that depressing. Anyways this story will be completed and I'm trying to make the chapters longer. Thank you to our my readers who have supported this fanfic despite it's lousy storyline and I'll try my best to improve.

ps: I was watching naruto just before writing this chapter and somehow i made Eunhyuk sound like kakashi hehe (sorry to those who don't watch this anime) ok bye! ^-^