Chapter 10

Not Yet Fallen || m.y.t.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mark's #P.O.V.

"Let's see what she got, guys. Let's give applause for Soo In Na!!!" WHAT?! HER?! SHE CAN SING?!

"Jinyoung, what are you doing?" I asked him when we went back to our spot. Jinyoung answered me with a creepy smile.

"Gwaenchana, hyung. She's a really good singer. She needs a chance to expose herself," Jinyoung said.

I looked at Yerin who pushed her forward to make her stand up. In Na stood up and looked at Jinyoung with a death glare, pointing her finger and moving it near her neck horizontally and said "You're so dead." Woah goosebumps. In Na borrowed a guitar and sat near the MC. She checked the mic a few times and started introducing herself.

"My name is Soo In Na, third semester in bachelor's degree. I'm going to sing a song from Jessie J called Big White Room," she nervously said with her hand holding the mic. She adjusted the mic and started playing the guitar. It was soft yet still made my heart fluttered.

Sitting in a big white room alone 
Tilt my head back, feel the tears fall down

I choked as I heard her sing. She really is talented.

Close my eyes to see in the dark 
I feel young, broken, so so scared (mmmmmm) 
I don't wanna be here anymore 
I wanna be somewhere else 
Normal and free, like I used to be (oh) 
But I have to stay in this big white room 
With little old me 

I'm going crazy 
I'm losing my mind 
I'm going crazy 
In this big white room of mine 
I'm going crazy 
I'm losing my mind 
I'm going crazy 
In this big white room of mine   

There were a big silence for a couple of seconds after she ended her performance. Everyone then stood up and clapped as loud as they can. My jaws dropped and it hasn't closed even after she finished. It was probably the most beautiful voice I've ever heard in my life. And plus, I never saw someone so immersed with a song. That song must've meant something for her.

In Na went back to where she sat which is beside me. I smiled at her, and she whispered me,

"You're dead too, Mark Tuan."

 

Jaebum, Jinyoung, Yugyeom and I went back to our tent after the closing speech from the MC. As soon as we sat in the tent, Jaebum slid his hand to Jinyoung's shoulder and held it tight.

"Yah! Jinyoung! Neon jugeosseo!" Jaebum held Jinyoung's tighter.

"Hyung, help!" Jinyoung tried to pull me but I was just laughing my off seeing them.

"You know she doesn't like that kind of attention!"

"Hyung, I know her better. Just look at her when she sings, her fake smile disappeared back there," Jinyoung said to Jaebum. He has a point.

After moments of silence, Jaebum then tries to bring a new topic. We started to talk about our performance that went really well even though Jaebum made a few mistakes in his dance, but it's still great. Yongjae hit the high notes perfectly and Jinyoung kept her stable voice back there. Yugyeom's dance is always a legend so it's not something to be concerned about. Jackson and BamBam rap really well, and Jackson even came up with an ad lib in the middle of the song. And I never forget the sounds of cheering and clapping after we ended our performance, it was an amazing experience.

"Hyung, I need to talk to you," Yugyeom said to Jinyoung in a small voice, but I still can hear him.

"Geunyang hae," Jinyoung said while he took a snack out of his bag. Yugyeom then moved closer to him.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter