Chapter 4 "Artificial Love"

What Do You Mean I'm a Vampire!?

Tao pov

Man I didn't realize it's been so long since we've all hung out, it was fun catching up with everyone again. Makes me wonder why we take so long to hang out like this.

“Bye Kyungsoo, bye Jongin.. Sehun aren't you gonna get going.” I wave to them as they walk off into the distance. Sehun is still bye with one of his signature “I don't care” look going on. I wonder is there something he needs to tell me “Do you need tot ell me something, maybe something about Luhan?” I see his eyes widen and a blush spread across his face all the way to the tips of his ears.

“What! No, shut up. I'm not going anywhere until your ride gets here.” not this crap again. They always treat me like i'm a child even though i'm the second oldest in the group.

“I'm not a baby.”

“No but last time I left you alone you became a vampire so excuse my skepticism.” awww come on!

“One time, one time something happens one time and now it's permanently on my record.”

“Usually it wouldn't matter but this one time you became a vampire! Look Tao i'm just worried about you, I feel like you and Jongin are my responsibility and look what happened” okay I can see where he's coming from.

“Okay i'll give you that but still, I can take care of myself.” he just crosses his arms

“Says the now vampire.”

“You know what.”

“What Tao, What.” I have half a mind to hit him upside his head but I notice Jongdae's car pulling up behind us. Oh Minseok is driving.

“Never mind there's Jongdae, want to meet him?” He gives me a look that screams obviously “Of course you do, don't worry he's good people.” I think I hear him mutter something about him being the judge of that but maybe i'm tripping. Jongdae and Minseok step out of the car as we approach them. There's an awkward silence and Sehun just clears his throat telling me to hurry up. Right.

“Jongdae, Minseok this is my best friend Sehun he's psychic and knows about what happened, Sehun this is Jongdae the life saver and Minseok and they are the vampires that saved me.” Jongdae and Sehun shake hands while Minseok gives me a bored look

“Wow, suddenly feelin inadequate.”

“aawww you know I love you Minnie.” he looks mildly disturbed by the nicknames. We turn back to the others and they are talking about how Jongdae found me.

“So you're the guy that found Tao, was there anything there to indicate who did it or how it happened?” Huh I was wondering about that too. He fidgets a bit but begins

“Me and Min were discussing this after we dropped you off, it would have made more sense to find you dead then alive but you were turned. Well people don't just turn into vampires when we drink their blood you see our blood has to be given to them.”

If that is the case then why do they have blood in the fridge If they can just go out and get it from the source, I feel my throat tingle just thinking about blood. Okay Tao focus.

“So i'm guessing that this was an accident, a young vampire that lost control then felt bad afterwards and turned him but didn't want to deal with the re precautions from their mentor.”

“Why do you think they are still with their mentor? “

“Vampires tend to stay with there mentor for long periods of time, look at us. Jongdae stayed with me after I turned him.”

“You were the one who turned him! Oohh I need to hear this story later.” Sehun rolls his eyes at me and Jongdaea and Minseok look mildly embarrassed by this, yeah now I really need to hear this story.

'Hhmmm well okay bye Tao see you tomorrow, call me before you go to bed.”

“Okay I will, Bye Momma!” He just shoots me a glare as he gets into his car. I watch him drive off before getting into the car.. I turn my head and look out the window to check out my self in the glass. Wait...what the hell!!!!

Minseok Pov

I damn near jump out of my skin when Tao screams from the back seat. I turn and see him looking out the window....no not looking out it but looking at his reflection in it or the lack there of .Hhmmm so it seamed he noticed the whole reflection thing, I was wondering how long it would take him to realize.

“What the hell!! I can't see my reflection!?” I'll just let Jongdae handle this one.
“Don't worry, everybody else can see your reflection, it's just something with your eyes that prevents us from seeing it.” Tao looks mildly offended

“I don't give two s about what everyone else can see! How am I going to do my hair!” a sudden look of horror washes over his face and it takes everything within me not to start cackling then and there “Huh! My eyeliner!! Dear God My Eyeliner!!!!I had just perfected it! this, kill me now.” he can't be serious, I look at Dae and i'm positive we have the same look on our faces.

“Is he serious Dae.”

“I believe so.” Jongdae, bless his soul tries to calm Tao down. Tries.

“Tao it's okay Min can do it for you until you learn to do it without a mirror.” What!? Why is he volunteering my services? I know my eyeliner game is strong, but why does he feel like bringing me into this.

“It's not just about that! How am I supposed to truly appreciate my beauty, no one can appreciate it like I can! I just lost my favorite past time.”

“Well Tao- wait looking at yourself was you favorite past time?”

“Yes! Isn't it yours!?” okay this has gone on long enough

“Enough I'm taking you two back to the house while I go refill our supply of blood for the house that SOMEONE! Decided to decimate” I hear a small sorry from the back. I shift the car into drive and take off.The entire ride home I hear Tao in the back complaining and Jongdae trying to console him. Lord help me.

Chanyeol Pov

The guilt is killing me. I completely ruined someone's life, all because I couldn't control myself !

“Yeol what's wrong?” I look up and see Baekhyun staring at me with a concerned look on his face.

“Nothing, nothing's wrong.” He's not going to believe that, I'm a terrible liar. And of course he just laughs at me.God he's beautiful.

“Wow you're a worse liar than I remember, stop sulking in the corner and tell me what you did.” See. There's no point in lying anymore. My mom used to say you feel better when you get whatever is bothering you off your chest.

“I messed up bad, really bad.” Come one Chanyeol breathe.“Last night I attacked someone and they were dying.” I can practically hear the smile fall off of his face.

“Chanyeol....what did you do.” He stands up and walks towards me.

“I couldn't just leave him there to die, especially when I could help him.” I feel myself when he yells at me. Dear god he's going to leave. And i'll be alone.. all over again.

“By turning him into a vampire! And then leaving him alone! Chanyeol you know better than anyone what that feels like.” He's right, I have now excuse.

“I know, I know I just....i knew you would be mad.” he takes a step back and takes a long inhale then exhales.

“I'm more upset that you left this person there alone, do you not remember what you were like when I found you? Starved, crazed, and terrified. Why would you put someone through that?”

“I thought you would leave me.” here it comes.

“You big idiot I would never leave you, now come we have to find this person before anything happens. I haven't seen anything in the news about weird deaths so maybe it's not as bad as we think. Come let's find him.” What? He's...he's not going to leave me. I bring him into a hug and I cry into his shoulder.
“How? All I remember is his scent and I didn't even look at his face.” he's smiling that beautiful smile again.

“I swear I know more about being a vampire than you do and i'm a banshee, Come on you made him so you can find him.”

“How?”

“Just relax, remember his scent and you should just know,.” He gives a frustrated huff. “I don't know the specifics I've only seen someone else do this, make it happen.”

“Okay.” I close my eyes and relax, I take a deep inhale and I feel a strong pull. “I'm not sure of the exact location but I know which direction,.”

“Well it's a start, the sooner we find him, it's a guy right?”

“Yeah.”

“The sooner we find him, the sooner this whole mess will calm down. Come on you big oaf.”

I wonder if he knows how much I appreciate his love.