Chapter 9 "Heaven"

What Do You Mean I'm a Vampire!?

Sehun Pov

So~ we obviously didn't think this all the way through. The past few day we were able to get the names of all the unmated members of Kyungsoo's pack, after narrowing them down to the ones around our age we're stuck with.

"Nothing."

"No wonder they want Kyungsoo, he's the most normal one out of the bunch."

"Tao, Sehun I wouldn't call it nothing, we have a nice batch of candidates here and let's not forget the ceremony is tomorrow." we both throw him deadpan looks. "I mean they're all attractive people."

"It's not about how attractive they all are because i wouldn't mind having a few myself."

"Ew Sehun i don't wanna hear about your ual desires."

"Shut up Tao." i turn back to Jongin. "It's just...we're trying to make peace not cause Wolf war 3." He deflates slightly for a few second before he comes back with brand new determination and starts throwing names at me.

"Now wait i think Jessica would be the perfect fit. She’s beautiful, well spoken-."

"Spoiled rotten."

"Okay what about Sunmi."

"She's very fickle, not alpha mate material."

"Key."

"Rude."

"Heechul."We all make the same face and speak at the same time.

"Not even an option."

"Fei."

"Stuck up."

"Jungkook"

"He's a little too young."

"Seohyun."

"She picks he nose." I see Tao giggling off to the side

"Yuna."

"Who?"

"Seo Yuna, the one with the blonde hair. she's nice, pretty, well mannered, and-"

"Madly in love with Hyejeong so also no." Tao suddenly jumps in

"Wait! i got it, Jihyo! she of proper age, she’s well mannered, funny, doesn't seem to have an interest in anyone, she's perfect."

"You're right....why did the elders pick her, makes you wonder."

"Well Jihyo's father is one of the elders and it would be plausible with the bad blood between the packs that he wouldn't want her mated to someone from the other pack. I mean Kyungsoo has no family with high status right?"

"Old farts always ruining things for everyone."

"From what we understand mating is a pretty big thing in the wolf community, do you think the new alpha even knows that Kyungsoo is mated."

"Oh course he would, why wouldn't he?"

"If they'll go as far as to take your mate they obviously don't think you're important enough so why would they think you're important enough to tell this new guy about you."

"So we're going to try and appeal to this guy’s good side....how do we even know if he has one?"

"It's the only option; if push comes to shove we kidnap Kyungsoo."

"With the ceremony being tomorrow that's not a bad idea, let's put that off to the side for now though, last resort kind of thing."

"Doesn't matter Kyungsoo wouldn't allow it anyways? He's devoted to his pack."

"Loyal to a fault i see."

"Yeah....that's who I’m in love with."

~Next Day~

Kyungsoo POV

"Breathe soo just breathe. you're just betraying the person you love for your pack no big deal."

"Wow reminds me to never ask you for a pep talk alright." I feel myself jump ten feet into the air, when did she get here.

"Sorry Dami, I’m jus-" she puts her hand up signaling for me to stop.

"Stop Soo, you know you don't have to do this. The old bastards are using outdated tactics so they don't actually use their brains. Say no it's not too late." I wish that were true

"The Northern pack is already here....it's too late."

"But Jongin!"

"Don't say his name! Please don't, i can't hear his name now." i lean against the dresser in the dressing room "I won't be able to get through today if i hear his name." she looks like she's about to protest some more before stopping

"Kyungsoo...fine everything starts in a few" i thank her with a small smile "Do you at least want to see him before you go through with this thing."

"Doesn't matter, I honestly don't care."

"Okay soo. " one of the elders walk in telling us it's time to go, adjusting my clothes i wipe my eyes and hold my head high. As we walk out of the room and down the hall i feel everyone looking at me, i walk up to the podium sans the extra pomp and circumstance (thank god) and the ceremony begins. I feel myself zone out, i hope Jongin will be okay, Sehun and Tao should keep him company, tears threaten to far down my face but i hold them in. I’m snapped out of my thoughts when i hear my name being called

"Kyungsoo!!"

What the hell Jongin!?