Chapter 7 "Baby Don't Cry"

What Do You Mean I'm a Vampire!?

Minseok Pov

We've been driving for a good five minutes and Tao hasn't stopped complaining since we got in the car and told him where we were going. He's not as good of an actor as he likes to believe, we've noticed that he's not okay.

"I don't want to go to the doctor. I honestly feel fine, i mean yeah headaches here and there but other than that i'm fine." yeah that sounds okay.(Please note the sarcasm in my voice)

"He's not a doctor by Human standards more of a witch doctor, he's an old friend of ours and he specializes in people like us. Also that doesn't sound like you're fine, we're vampire we shouldn't be getting headaches" I notice the moment i messed up.

"Oh great so not only is he a fake doctor but he's going to be pocking around in my body. Yay! I've never felt better."

"Tao we don't have time for you being a bigger baby than you already are."

"Hey! i'm not a baby."I hear Jongdae snicker besides me and apparently Tao also heard" I'm not! Stop making that face! Jongdae not you too!" He tries to school his face in a way that makes it seem like he wasn't laughing but he was failing miserably.

"It's okay you're my baby."I feel a soft jab in my arm "See Min now he's sulking."

"When isn't he sulking? honestly. Did we get a fledgling or did we adopt a child."He gets that eating grin on his face

"We adopted two children obliviously."

"Two?" if it's possible his grin has gotten even bigger

"Chanyeol~ don't think i haven't noticed how you've been tutoring him and helping him out."

"I'm just doing that because i don't want a bunch of Tao's running around."

"Hey!" We both brush off his protests

"Anyways it's best for all of us that someone trains him, wouldn't want to have to move again." I hear Dae sigh and at the same time i notice that Tao's interests have been peeked

"Yeah that would be a bummer."

"Wait why'd you move the first time?"

"You mean last time, because it definitely wasn't our first." Que eye roll

"obviously."He quiets down waiting for us to explain what happened and i know damn well i don't "What! why are you guys looking at each other like that?"

"Wanna explain dae?" His eye twitches when i throw the mess his way.

"Well to shorten it up it involved a mermaid, a hanger, a bounty hunter, and our nosy next door neighbor Jimin."

"How does any of that eve-"

"I don't want to talk about it!!"

After that we rode in silence for another thirty minutes while Tao sat in the back trying to put together the clues of how we had to move last time. the skyscrapers slowly turn into . I unbuckle my seat belt and open the car door.

"Okay we're here." everyone else steps out the car and Tao gets a disgusted look on his face. kids these days, back in my day we would love a place like this.

"This is it?....We're in the middle of nowhere." It looks like dae has decided to

"It may seem like the middle of nowhere but what it really is-" but i don't have time for that my shop could be up in flames right now, i knew i should have closed down for the day....but why didn't i? Oh yeah money.

"Is the middle of nowhere come one, we left Handong and Gahyeon in charge and we need to get back while my shop i still standing." all humor drains out of his face

" True, come one it's just around here." We walk around the bushes until we see a small cabin.

"You're not serious are you....please tell me you're not serious."

"Shut up and come on." Jongdae runs ahead of us and busts through the door.

"Yixing!!!!! Honey i'm home~" Ugh. looking around i notice the living room is expensively decorated, it's obvious Suho did it, i also notice it's empty well until Yixing peeks around the corner with his dimpled smile.

"Jongdae it's so good to see you, you too Minseok."

"You too xing, is Suho around?"

"He's out right now, wont be back in a bit."

"hopefully we're still here." I hear Tao make a disgusted noise next to me

"Well this must be Tao." I see Dae hit him upside the head. No one is mean to Yixing.

"Don't be an ."

"It's okay not many people like going to the doctor or getting check up at all." I hear Tao whisper under his breathe how he's not even a doctor and i step on his foot.

"Ow!"

"Okay if you two will leave the room." Huh?

"What!" "Wait!" "Yixing do we honestly need to leave." Still all smiles he brushes us off

"It's best that i talk to him alone away from you both, people are a little more honest when away from their guardians." He has a point, even if i really don't want to.

"I'm completely fine with them being there."

"No we'll leave."

"are you sure this is a good idea min."

"Do you all remember what happened when Jongdae and i went shopping? How we found you Tao.

~Flashback~

Tao Pov

When I wake up from my nap I notice no one is here, i feel a sense of dread fill me. They left me Jongdae and Minseok left me, they finally got tired of my bull and left me here all alone. I can feel myself panicking but then I remember that they would never leave me and it was all in my head.

Ever since Chanyeol got here thing had been easier, it seemed like I was getting better. But I could feel something gnawing at the back of my mind, waiting to come out and devour me whole. Physically I was okay, mentally was a whole different ball game, I always had the feel that I was going to be abandoned. It wouldn't be to far fetched Minseok gets along better with Chanyeol than he ever has with me it would only make sense for him to leave me for him and I know Jongdae would go wherever Minseok went.

I'm drowning.

i don't even realize how long i was right there holding myself but i suddenly feel arms wrap around me looking up i see Jongdae with worry filled eyes.

“Come on Tao relax."

“I thought you left me.”

“I told you I would be out shopping today.”

“I know I just....I'm sorry” he shakes his head and holds me tighter

“Shh it's okay” I'm so freaking stupid, look at me making him worry. i start bawling when i notice Minseok standing off to the side with his eyes full of concern.

“I'm sorry Jongdae, i'm so sorry, i'm sorry i'm not stronger.”

“Tao shush, stop apologizing. it's okay, you'll be okay."

~Flashback over~

"This is something that needs to be done."

Tao Pov

After Min Leaves the room dragging Jongdae out Yixing closes the door behind them. He ushers me over to a surprisingly comfortable chair and he sits across from me and he still has that creepy smile on, as if he reads my mind the smile falls off his face and i feel myself relax.

"Just to start this off i want you to know it's completely normal to have a reaction the way you did after going through something so traumatic. Honestly it's a miracle you survived."

"it doesn't feel like it." i regret the words as soon as they slip out, now i have to speak to him.

"go on."

"I feel like i'm constantly drowning, like I'm going to do something wrong and ruin everything and make everyone leave me." He leans forward and he genuinely seems concerned. then he asks me question about something I've been trying to ignore.

"Have you been spending time with Chanyeol." No.He's a monster. But that's not what comes out.

"No, why would i spend time with someone that damn near ripped my throat out? besides even if i did he seems to be avoiding me like the plague."

"Maybe you two need to address this with no one else around, no one either of you can use as a buffer to avoid this situation because as much as you like to pretend this happened and the consequences of those actions are not going to go away." Thank you doctor Phil.

"Can i try to ignore it s little longer." That creepy smile is back but not full force like before it doesn't reach his eyes and he looks sorry

"How you respond to the situation is completely up to you but i will inform you that it's best that you face this head on, because it can and will get worse."Of course it's going to get worse when isn't it.

"Wow that wasn't ominous at all. what do you mean it will get worse."

"The episodes wont just happen when you're alone, they'll progressively get worse until your mind breaks completely, Vampires aren't the best at handeling things." welp.

"Well....." I know i have a stupid look on myself

"Sorry Tao, if you want more information on it i can tell you."

"I might as well have all the facts."

~20 mins later Outside the room~

"Damn it i still can't hear anything! Yixing must have these thing enchanted or something." Jongdae has his ear against the door trying to listen in while Minseok is sitting on the couch watching.

"Really Jongdae? Get away from the door."

"I just wanna know what's going on with my baby!"

"If Tao wants you to know he will tell you .Now move."

"Make me." Jongdae's lips curl into a smirk and it only makes his partner let out a long sigh.

"Do you really want me to make you dae." Minseok leans forward in a threatening way but it only seems to get Jongdae more excited, he begins reaching for the door knob as if to open it.Both are too focused on each other to notice another entering the room quietly,They only notice when the new comer speaks.

"So~ did i come in at a bad time." They both jump ten feet in the air, Jongdae still has a hand over his chest.Min sneers at their intruder, a man of average height, medium length dark hair, and kind eyes that were currently filled with amusement.

" Suho don't just sneak up on us like that."

"First off i didn't sneak and second i live here."Jongdae stands up and turns away from the door(finally) to turn his famous grin towards his latest victim.

"You say that like it matters." Suho sputters out a response before giving up.

"Jongdae...it does matt- you know what forget it. Why are you guys here?"

"A charge of ours is talking to Yixing."

"About what? Don't tell me it was a repeat of last time you two took an apprentice."
"It's why I've been more involved this time around."
"Oh come on!"

"I was seriously hurt."
"But did you die?"

"I almost died."

"But did you die though? You're still here breathing now right? okay i thought so." You could hear Minseok trying to hold in his laughter over on the couch as they went back and forth with each other, finally when it seemed like Suho would lose it he stepped in.

"Just drop it Suho, there's no point in arguing with him."

"B-but come on!"

Right as it seemed Suho's head was going to explode The door opened and Yixing and Tao walked out."

"Now remember what i said, no ignoring the problem like it's gonna go away because~"

"Because it isn't unless i deal with it. I got it the first time."
"If you say so."

"If you ever need me just give me a call, that goes for all three of you."

"Bye Xing! Suho"

"So~ What did you talk about."
"Ugh i'm tired of talking."

"Awe come on!!"

Everyone says there final goodbyes and we drive back to the house in surprise silence. While Tao sat in the back seat wondering how he was going to accomplish the goal Yixing set for him.

~Next Day~

Tao Pov

Sehun and i are walking home from class after The dynamic duo ditched us for some wolfie problems, they've been acting weird lately and i'm beginning to worry. Just to make sure my mind isn't playing games on me i need to get a second opinion.

"Have you noticed anything strange going on with Jongin and Kyungsoo?"

"Yeah i'm just waiting till they feel comfortable enough to tell us."

"Translation, i haven't been able to figure it out yet but give me a little longer and i will uncover what's going on."

"That's what i said didn't i." wow unbelievable."Speaking of strange things, what's going on with you?" from the smirk on his face i could tell he was waiting to bring this up. ever since my meeting with Yixng I've been a bit preoccupied with trying to figure out how or when to talk to Chanyeol.
"What do you mean?"

"Well besides you avoiding Chanyeol like the plague."
"I'm not!"

"whatever, you've been acting weird even for you."

"Fine, i went to see some sort of supernatural doctor and he suggested that i talk to Chanyeol alone while there's no one there to get some things out into the open."

"He sounds like a smart guy"
"Yeah but he creeps me out with that smile of his,So."

"So what?"

"What do you think i should do!?"

"Talk to the guy honestly, i believe it would make you feel better and put some things to rest for you."

"Just, i don't know when to do it."
"How about now?"

"What."

"He's right over there buying some groceries."
"Well i'll be damned. I wonder why he's buying them we don't exactly eat anymore."
"Maybe they're for his boy toy Baekhyun."
"I honestly don't think their relationship is like that."
"Sure you try spending that much alone time with a guy and develop some sort of feelings."

"You spent a lot of alone time with Jongin."

"Exactly."
"Wait....No! Oh my god!!!"

"Dear god if it gets you to be quite i'll explain. Yes i had a huge crush on him, key word being had. Now let's get back to your problem which could solve it self really quick." hell he has a point, i file the Jongin thin in the back of my head for later. slumping forward in defeat i give Sehun my goodbyes.

"Fine i'll go.If you find me in an alley somewhere you know who did it."

"ha ha you're so funny."

"Um Hey Chanyeol."
"Tao Hey! "

"Can we talk for a bit, i think it's time we cleared some things up."
"I honestly didn't think you wanted to talk to me."
"I don't."A small part of me takes pleasure in how hurt he looks. but what the hell did he expect!?
"Oh."

"But this is something that needs to be done and taken care of. so i'm just gonna let it all out and you're gonna listen." I take his hand and drag him behind some bushes before disappearing to a quite place.

"Listening.'
"Stop taking." it takes everything in me not to apologize to him but a part of me feel exhilarated for telling him off

"Just being around you makes me uncomfortable and every one of my instincts is telling em to run right now, i don't remember much from that night but what i do remember is the fear and the pain and the utter loneliness that i felt afterwords.I had never felt something like that before and as time went on it only got worse until it felt like it was consuming me."

Luckily we're alone now because i can tell i'm getting louder and louder the more i speak. There are tears running down my face and i almost bottle up all those feeling because i know i'm an ugly crier and all this yelling i must be a mess

" i have people i can talk to now but sometimes i can still feel it creeping up on me and it terrifies me.I see my friends . My people cozening up to the man that ripped my throat out who then made me what i am and left me to die or to do lord knows what. Who now seems to act like nothing happened! You're a ing monster! Who masquerades as some victim but you're just as bad if not worse than you sire and i ing hate you." he looks like he's in pain and i honest to god wish he was. Chanyeol opens his mouth as if to say something before quickly closing it.

"Go ahead, what do you have to say for yourself."
"You're right. everything you said is right. There isn't a day that i don't remind myself of how ing terrible i am and i wish i could take it back, i wish i could make it up to you but nothing i could ever do would be enough." Ew i'm feeling slightly bad for him but he'll never ing know.

"I'm sorry Tao, i truly am and anything you need from me i will give it without a second thought."

"Ugh forget it."
"Bye Tao."

"We meet next week same place to talk again."

What the hell am i doing? I need something else to focus on, i wonder what's going on with Kyungsoo and Jongin. I'll ask tomorrow.