Phase Eight

From Now On: Moving Forward
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hae's POV

No matter how hard I tried to fall asleep, I just couldn't. This was my third day staying at Yonghwa's. Jae was obviously busy so he didn't say anything about me staying. Young was busy with work and Minhyuk. There was something between them but I couldn't put my finger on it.

I don't know what has gotten into me. I should be sound asleep but I couldn't sleep at all. Whatever it was, I was tossing and somewhat turning on the bed. Sighing heavily, I pushed myself up to a sitting position and looked around. The room had a simple décor, but it was to be expected from a guy especially an idol like him.

I swung my good leg over the edge of the bed and gently moved my left leg over. I grabbed my crutches that were propped against the nightstand. Standing up, I tried to quietly go towards the door. As I cracked it open, I was hoping that he was awake more or less at least. Opening the door a little wider, I hopped out of the bedroom and towards the living room. I peered over the couch as I approached and Yonghwa had one of his arms covering his face as he was lying on his back.

Smiling a little, I tried to quietly make my way around the couch without waking him up. I set the crutches down on the floor gently as I tried to sit down right beside him. Carefully, I was able to lay my broken leg down on the floor before completely sitting down and me being the creep that I am, I stared at Yonghwa for a good minute before reaching over to move his hair out the way. He suddenly shifted causing me to freeze in place as my heart started to race. Staring wide-eyed, he didn't wake up, much to my relief, because I was able to continue being a creep and stare at how perfect he was even asleep.

"I know you're staring at me. Actually, you're burning a hole straight through me," he said with a raspy voice as he lifted his arm off his head and turned his head to look at me. I yelped in surprise as my body jerked awkwardly and I hit my right hand on the coffee table really hard with a loud thunk that resonated through the quiet living room.

"Owww," I cried as I shook my hand as I felt it throbbing.

Instantly, Yonghwa sat up and grabbed my right hand to see the damage. It was turning red as it slowly started to swell up.

"I'm sorry! I didn't mean to scare you," he looked at me worried but I just gave him a smile as I tried scooting closer to him to give him a hug.

"It's okay. I was being a creep,"

He chuckled as he hugged me tightly. "Are you sure you're okay? You should probably put some ice on that before it gets worse. I don't want Young or your siblings to kill me,"

Laughing at him, I pulled away and looked at him straight in the eyes. "Okay, but help me up at least,"

He stood up before bending down and grabbing me from the armpits to pull me up to stand before gently pushing me to sit down.

"That tickles!" I laughed as he set me down.

He simply gave me an evil smile before disappearing towards the kitchen.

, I think he found out my weakness...

I heard him going through his kitchen as he got ice out of the freezer and whatever else he was looking for. Moments later, he returned with an ice pack wrapped in a small towel.

"Here," he said as he sat down beside me and gently placed the ice pack on top of my hand. It slightly stung, but hopefully, I was going to be okay.

"Why are you even up?" he asked.

"I couldn't sleep," I respond as I stare at the floor not wanting to look at him. I was afraid that he was going to think I was some sort of child that couldn't sleep because of emotions or something. I mean... it was because of that sort, but he didn't have to know that.

"How come?" he looked over at me with a smug expression and I could already think what he was thinking.

"YAH!" I slapped him on the leg with my left hand as he cracked up laughing. Glaring at him, I snatched the ice pack away from him and placed on top of my right hand again.

"You're the one having dirty thoughts," he pointed out.

"No, you were. I didn't say anything," I huffed.

"But you implied it," he wiggled his eyebrow causing me to smile a little. He sure did have a cute side to him, which I found to be so adorable. If it wasn't for the situation we were, I would have gushed but I held it in. I had to hold it in, or else he would somehow turn it all around.

After some time, Yonghwa helped me back to his bedroom and made sure I was comfortable.

"Please don't go," I said as I grabbed his wrist.

He sighed loudly as he looked at me. I could see it on his face, he really wanted to at least laydown but for a split second, it seemed like he was afraid.

"Fine, but I swear if Young finds out she's going to kill me," he said as he picked up the blanket to slide underneath.

"She's not going to find out," I laughed. He scouted closer before putting his arm around my shoulder to pull me closer to him. I laid my head on his shoulder as I placed my right hand on his chest. I could feel his heart racing and for some reason, I felt reassured and maybe a little bit confident.

We didn't say a single word instead, we just enjoyed each others company. It felt so comfortable, so natural that soon enough I drifted off into deep slumber.

---

Jae's POV

"Tell me everything that you know," I looked up from my computer at Soohyuk as he sat there messing with his fingers and biting his lip. He took a deep breath before looking at me.

"Come on," I pushed as I started to get annoyed that he wasn't saying anything. The other day when I brought him in, he didn't say a word so I had to let him go. He only explained about that day that we arrested Yoo Ri. Other than that he didn't tell anything about the party like I had asked. Now that I bought him in again, he was going to pull the same bull again?

"Give me a second please," he muttered as he looked away. He had a concerned look on his face and for a second I couldn't help feel bad for him. Then again, I never really liked him because he thought he could just get in between Hae and Yonghwa's relationship? After everything that they had gone through, I wasn't about to let my little sister suffer anymore. I mostly blame our mother for trying to push some stranger onto her.

"Fine, take your time. It's not like we don't have all night,"

He glanced over at me, but even though I wanted to be sarcastic, I was actually telling the truth. We did have all night if he wanted to last so long in a police station.

"Look, I know you like my sister a lot and care about her. So if you really like and care about her, then tell me what you know. I'm growing impatient here. I need to have this report in by tomorrow morning,"

"Alright alright, I'll talk," he said as he rolled his eyes at me.

"Yah, I'm older than you, so don't even dare roll your eyes at me again," I said with the most annoyance I ever felt before.

"So the night of the pool party..."

Soo Hyuk started telling about everything that he had witnessed. From beginning to end. Everything that he knew and overheard. I wasn't sure how long we were there, but once he finished, and I scrolled up, I had pages of what he had told me.

"Alright, so I'm going to have to call these people in for questioning. This case is quite serious, not because she's my sister but of what Kim Yoo Ri has done. Not only will this be ruled as attempted murder but

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter