Phase Four

From Now On: Moving Forward
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hae's POV

Young sighs heavily as she glares at me.

"Why did you do that? You're supposed to explain it to him!"

I simply shrug as I try to hold back my laughter. That was so like her. I was able to regain some of  my memory a few days ago because I went through my computer and found thousands upon thousands of pictures and videos of me and Young. So, of course, that triggered my brain to remember that we were long time friends but I only remember up to a certain point and that was when we moved to different cities.

Coming over, I wanted to see how long it would take until I cracked and told her or she would notice that I remembered her. I don't know why I forgot her or the twins when I've known them for so long.

"I'm sorry. I thought it would be faster to just give him the answer than trying to explain it to him," I shrug as I regain my composure.

Let's see how long it takes.

Huffing, she runs her fingers through her hair as she sits down on the couch. For a while, we just sat there in awkward silence and I couldn't take it any longer. It was hopeless around her. So I broke and not even after half an hour. It was simply too hard.

"I remember," I sighed.

"Remember what?" she looked at me hopeful.

"You and the twins,"

Her face lit up and it seems like she could light up half the city with how bright and big her smile became.

"You're not kidding, right? What's my name? The twins name? Our birthday? What's my favorite color?" she blurted out a bunch of questions.

I decided to trick her. I stared at her blankly and blinked a few times. "I-I... I don't know,"

Her bright and hopeful expression quickly deflated and she slumped forward.

"I knew it was too good to be true," she sighed as she threw herself back into the couch. Snorting, I cracked up laughing because I just couldn't help it. She was just too gullible for her own good. It was so easy to trick her that sometimes it wasn't funny but other times, like this one, it was hilarious!

"I'm sorry," I breathed between laughs as she glared at me and puffed out her cheeks.

"I can't believe you," she crossed her arms as she looked away. Trying to catch my breath to stop laughing I rolled over to her and stood up to hop on my good right leg to sit on the couch next to her. Since my entire left leg was in a cast, I had to quickly hop and then threw myself onto the couch, causing me to bounce up and down beside Young as she looked at me with a judging look.

Smiling I grab her hands. "Your name is Hee Young and you love the color red. Your birthday is December 13th, 1991. The twins, Dong-Sun and Dong-Yul were born on August 9th, 1996. Their favorite colors are Purple and Green respectfully," Looking up at her I saw that she was staring at me with watery eyes as she smiled and she suddenly embraced me into a hug.

"You do remember," she sobbed as she hugged me tighter. "You don't even know how much it hurt that you couldn't remember me. Me of all people. You couldn't remember me. I racked my head as to why you couldn't remember me but you remember your family. We've spent so much time together that it rivals the time that you've spent with your family. So I wondered why. Why couldn't you remember me, but now you've remembered and that's all that matters right now," she pulled away with puffy eyes and gave me a bright smile.

I honestly didn't know what to say.

"But what do you actually remember? Up to what?"

"Um... where's In Su though? I haven't seen him," I said sort of changing the subject even though she asked me a clear question. My mind had wondered to that thought. He was my boyfriend after all. Or so... I thought he was. According to everyone, I'm dating an idol and I've been arranged to marry an actor. So I don't know what my life has become.

Young gave me the saddest expression ever.

"He's... he's in jail Hae. He was sent back to the U.S because of his involvement with Hyun Ki. Which your brother is still looking for,"

"Wait what do you mean involvement? I don't understand,"

This time, she pulled away as she pulled away her hands and wiped her tears away. Her expression quickly changed to that of pain. As if she remembered something painful.

"I rather not talk about it right now," she said.

"Okay. Can I ask you for a favor?"

"What is it?"

"I have several appointments scheduled tomorrow and I was wondering if you could give me a ride when you go to work?" I smiled.

"Yeah sure. Of course,"

"You feel distant. I don't like that," I shook my head. She shoved me playfully as I glared at her.

"It's because you thought I was some stranger and it was weird. You don't even know how that feels! How would you feel if your best friend claims that they can't remember them?"

I shrugged. "Horrible,"

"Exactly,"

 

The following day, Young came over really early to pick me up.

"I'm tired!" I whined as Jae carried me downstairs with Young waiting by the door.

"You were the one who asked her to take you when she went to work and she's going to work. So I don't know why your complaining," Jae shook his head as he set me down on the wheelchair.

"I didn't think she would go this early!"

"Let's go," Young chuckled as she grabbed the handles of the wheelchair and turned me around to head out the door. For the time being, Jae installed a ramp to make it easier for all of us to take me in and out of the house. Young rolled me down and towards her car.

"Call me if you need a ride back," Jae said as he stood by the front door.

"Okay. I don't think I'll need you, though. Besides your busy so..." I joked as he glared at me.

Making it over to Young's car, she opened the passenger door for me and I pushed myself out to hop over and try getting in. Once she thought I was situated, she closed the door and folded my wheelchair to place it in the trunk of her car.

She then came to the driver side and drove off towards the hospital.

"Do you always go early?"

"Sometimes, but on most days I go in around noon. You were the one who would leave early every day," she chuckled.

"Me? Where do I work? Do I even have a job still after so long?"

"Yes, you. You work at Samsung HQ as the Cheif Electrical Engineer. They said that they'll give you up to a year to recover and all that. They don't want to give you up because your so good at what you do," Young looked over at me with a proud smile on her face.

"Oh... but how come I don't remember?"

"I don't know, but what kind of appointments do you have?"

"Hmm, I have a check up with Neurology, then a general appointment, and then I'm getting my leg checked out I believe,"

"Oh wow that's a lot for one day. You don't want me to be there?"

"You're my doctor for the general appointment," I laughed. She looked at me shocked at first before realizing that she was.

"I forgot about that,"

Rolling my eyes, we continued to the rest of the ride talking like we normally would but the only difference was that I didn't know why or how we were in Korea.

"If you need anything just call me. Or if you get lost. I'm pretty sure if Ji Sang saw you he would be all over you," Young laughed.

"Ji Sang? Who's Ji Sang?" I asked confused.

"Park Ji Sang. He was like in high school with your siblings. He works in the Cancer Department. I think he might have had a crush on you for a while?"

I blinked at her blankly as she rolled her eyes and sighed heavily.

"Never mind. You might see him. Don't freak out and automatically like him because you're very much in a very complicated relationship with two guys even if you don't remember," she gave me a stern look.

"Alright alright, but I won't guarantee anything because there are very handsome doctors around," I joked as I rolled away laughing.

"YAH!" I heard Young yell for me but I was already too far away for her to do anything to me.

I rolled over to a row of elevators and pressed the up button and waited for one of the elevators to come. One at the far right dinged and I quickly rolled over. Some people got out while others were going to get on but when they saw me and how my left leg was lifted up they allowed me to get on.

"Let me help you," a tall doctor said as he quickly took the handle and backed me inside of the elevator. Some people looked at me funny before going on with their business.

"How are you feeling?" the doctor asked from behind.

"I-I'm feeling okay. But do I know you?" I asked.

He chuckled a little before answering. "I'm Park Ji Sang. You don't remember do you?"

I felt bad that I didn't but then this is the doctor that Young told me about earlier. She was right, I would see him.

"Not at the moment," I shook my head as I craned my head to try to catch a glimpse of him. He was very much tall and very much handsome. No wonder Young warned me not to like him but I mean come on! I can't help it when there are cute doctors like him roaming around the hospital!

"What are you going to?" he asked as he shoved his hands into his coat pockets.

"Neurology. Whatever floor that is,"

"8th floor," he smiled as he reached over and pressed the button. There were two stops before we reached the 8th floor. Once the doors opened, he pushed me out and towards the lobby.

"I'll leave you here. I have to get back to my own department," he rubbed the back of his neck shyly.

"That's alright,"

"If you need anything just call me. I think you have my number on your phone," he said.

I shrugged because I wasn't sure. So I pulled out my phone from my purse and went through the contact list and sure enough I did.

"Yup. Right here," I said showing him his contact information. He doubled checked to make sure that was the right number before smiling and nodding.

"Alright see you," He waved goodbye before disappearing around the corner to catch an elevator. Smiling more to myself, I rolled up to the counter where the nurse was busy on the computer.

"How can I help you?" she smiled towards me. She had a friendly nature and her smile very bright.

"I have an appointment with Dr. Im," I said

"He's actually out on vacation. I think Dr. Jung Yoon do is taking over while he's away," she said as she turned back towards the screen of the computer and clicked a few times before nodding her head.

"Oh okay,"

"We'll call you in soon," she smiled

"Thank you," I backed up and went to the waiting area. Some people looked at me funny or stared at me because of my current condition. Sighing, I wasn't sure if I could get used to this at all. It was weird enough that people would look at me. I mean are they pitying me? Are they judging me? Or are they just curious as to what happened that caused my current state?

"Yoon Hae Jin," the nurse called. I hated it when they used my real name. Sometimes it was a little embarrassing, other times I had no problem with it. Today, though, I had a problem with it because not only were people judging me now they would judge me harder and wonder why I had a boy name. Blame my mother for that.

"Coming," I raised my hand as I unlocked

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter