Phase Six

From Now On: Moving Forward
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hae's POV

"Can you drop me off where my brother works?" I asked Soohyuk once we got back into the car and he made sure I had my seatbelt on.

"Where does he work?" he asked as he looked over at me.

"Gangnam Police Station,"

"Sure thing," he smiled as he put the car in drive and took off.

It was a pleasant morning since Soohyuk took me out to the park so early to get my mind off Yonghwa. Just thinking about him, made my heart hurt. I didn't know why, but it did and I couldn't help but feel so angry yet sad that he was pushing me away after being there for me. At the same time, I wondered why he was even pushing me away when he showed nothing but concern for me while I was in a coma.

Was he simply busy? Or what? What else could there be?

The car ride with Soohyuk wasn't weird like the first few times. It actually felt a little 'normal' and quite frankly, it was pleasant. Though we were silent for most of the ride, it was a comfortable silence as I looked out the window. Passing by the buildings, I thought to myself what I had missed in those months that I was in a coma. I knew for a fact that Christmas probably wasn't the same with me not around and probably New Years, but other than that, I wondered if everyone just continued to live their lives normally or did they ever wonder deep down if I was ever going to wake up?

Maybe they showed concern for me at first, but gradually over time, they had better things to worry about than a girl in a coma from a car accident. It really made me ponder on that thought. Would I do the same if one of my close friends was in a coma? Would I want to stay by their side 24/7 until they woke up? Or would I show some empathy at first but continue on with my busy and hectic life?

"What are you thinking so hard over there?" Soohyuk's deep voice broke into my train of thoughts. Glancing over, he had one hand on the wheel as he leaned on his right elbow that rested on the console as he drove down the busy street.

"Nothing really. Just questioning life itself," I shrugged.

"Why?"

"Just... because,"

He raised an eyebrow at me as he quickly glanced over at me before turning his gaze back on the road. Although he did seem curious as to what I was thinking about, he didn't question me any further and soon we arrived at the police station.

"Be careful. If you need anything call me," he said as he parked the car in front of the entrance.

"I will and don't worry," I smiled at him as I grabbed my crutches and opened the door to get out.

"Drive safely," I said as I glanced back at him before pushing myself out of the car and leaned on the door frame to adjust the crutches underneath my arms.

I waved goodbye to Soohyuk before closing the door and I started to go up the steps one at a time. Some people walking past looked at me funny but continued on with their business. Even some police officers seemed surprised that I even dared go up the steps with crutches.

"Do you need help miss?" One offered at he looked at me with concern.

"No, it's okay. Thank you, though," I said as I hopt up to the next step and I placed the bottom of the crutches on the next step to hop to next.

After a few more steps, I finally made to the top and made my way inside the police station. As I walked inside, I realized that I wasn't even sure where my brother's office was or where he would be.

I should have called beforehand... oh well.

Going further into the building, there was a desk with an officer sitting looking at a computer monitor. I slowly make my way over as I look around wondering if Jae is even at the station.

"Excuse me," I say as I approach.

"Yes. How can I help you?" A girl with the police uniform on stands up.

"I'm looking for Detective Yoon Jaesun," I say

"Oh, Cheif. I'll take you to him," she offered as she came around the desk.

"Thank you," I said as I readjusted the crutches before hopping over. The girl was shocked at first but quickly wiped the expression from her face to lead the way down a long hallway. She turned to the right and went down another hallway before coming up to some metal bar doors.

She opened it for me to go in.

"He should be at his desk," she said before bowing and going back the way we came from.

Walking through the metal bars, it was evident that it was a busy day at the station as there were several detectives asking a group of people several questions.

I slowly made my way inside and as I looked around the large room for my brother, someone abruptly stood up, knocking the chair he was sitting on down in the process before lunging forward to push everything that was on a detective's desk to the floor. Everyone by then had stopped what they were doing to stare the guy, who proceeded to scream before looking around and he locked eyes with me. Before I could process anything, he had run over and grabbed me into a headlock. One of my crutches cluttered to the floor as all the detectives by then were all standing up and trying to negotiate with the guy.

"Let her go," one detective said.

"You don't have to do this," another said. But that only seemed to make the situation worse as he tightened his grip around my neck. Initially, I was shocked and a little taken back but now I was just irritated and annoyed.

"What's with-" Jae came from around a corner and when he saw me in a headlock, I saw the gleam in his eyes disappear and his jaw locked as he took his hands out of his front pockets and he widened his stance. He was in over-protective brother mode now, with the mean to kill. I had to think fast before Jae did something that he might regret later or not. When it comes to me or Mae, Jae is one protective brother that will go to lengths for the both of us. But what sibling wouldn't?

Taking the situation into my own hands, I bite the arm of the guy causing him to scream and before he could do anything else, with the crutch that I was still holding, I used it for balance as I leaned into the wall and with my good leg, I kicked him in the stomach before swooping down to grab my other crutch to only hit the guy on the side and on his leg to force him to lose balance.

Two of the detectives took advantage of the guy being on the floor to quickly handcuff the guy. As I caught my breath, everyone started cheering and clapping.

Embarrassed, I stood where I was as Jae came over.

"Are you okay? You're not hurt right?" he said as he grabbed my shoulders and inspected me.

"I'm fine," I nudged him.

Sighing, he looked at me as the concern evaporated from his face and his stern face made an appearance.

"What are you even doing here?" he questioned as he shoved his hands into his pockets again. Typical guy.

"I wanted to visit you and I have something I wanted to tell you,"

"What is-"

"Cheif! You know her?" one of the detectives said causing everyone else to look over at us.

"She's not your girlfriend is she?" one smirked earning him a smack on the back of his head.

I saw Jae roll his eyes as he grinned his teeth. "No. That's my sister," he said

Everyone quickly shut up, obviously aware of the fact that Jae wasn't someone to mess with especially with his younger sisters around. More than likely, Jae either has pictures of us on his desk or he talks about us a lot, or maybe even both, which comes to no surprise at all.

"Well, she's really pretty," someone from the back commented. Everyone heads turned to the speaker, and he looked rather young as he skin was very much smooth and dewy and his hair was neatly brushed to the side. He was tall with a lean figure, his eyes were soft and his lips were very much plump making it almost seem fake. I heard some mutter something under their breaths and others simply rolled their eyes as they went back to what they were doing.

Someone next to him nudges him in the ribs as he simply shrugged as my brother glared at him before softening his expression.

"Come on," he said to me over his shoulder as he leads the way over to the detective.

"Park Hae Young," My brother said as he clasped his hands behind his back and approached the younger male.

"Yes, sir?"

"This is my sister, Yoon Hae Jin," my brother turned towards me shocking me in t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter