Phase Two

From Now On: Moving Forward
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Giving my answer, she sighed heavily as she took a step-back This Young girl, whoever she was must be crazy. How could I have lived such a life? The fact that she even said I was dating Yonghwa from CNBLUE. Wow, she really must be crazy! Who would even believe such an outrageous lie?

To think, my parents and brother even let her say such a lie made me even angrier!

"Do you guys even believe any of what she said?" I asked.

Jae looked at me with the saddest expression I've ever seen him.

"It's true," he nodded his head as he rubbed my leg.

My brother never lied to me before, so if he said was true, then it had to be true. Even so that was just pushing it.

"Stop lying,"

"We're not lying!" Young yelled once again. It was evident that she was growing very frustrated. She opened to say something but suddenly the door slide open and in rushed several guys.

"HAE!" one of them practically screamed as he came over to my side. The other three slowly walked in, while on of them went over to Young's side grabbing her hand.

Looking up, I realized it was the one and only Jung Yonghwa from CNBLUE.

"Are you okay? Your brother texted me saying you were awake," he said as he grabbed my hand and gently caressed it. Blushing I wasn't sure what to do or say.

"I-I'm fine,"

"That's a relief. I'm just glad you're awake," he slightly smiled. His eyes looked tired, and it seemed as if he aged because wrinkles could be seen on his forehead and around his eyes.

I couldn't believe that he was here. Why would he be here?

"But how do you know me?" I asked as I took my hand out of his own, which for some reason caused a sudden ache in my heart. He looked at me dumbfounded as if he was hit my train.

"W-What do you mean?" he looked up at my brother and then my parents who were only able to shake their heads.

"Yonghwa," Young came over and placed a hand on his shoulder.

"What is it? Why is she this? Is she kidding?" he asked growing worried by the second.

"She has amnesia Yonghwa. It seems like her memory is back when she was in college, but she can't remember anyone but her parents and siblings. She doesn't even remember me," Young explained as tears threatened to fall as she glanced over at me, but she quickly looked away as if the sight of me caused her even greater pain.

Yonghwa shook his head as he looked at me and grabbed my hand.

"No. No this can't be," he said as tears started to fall as he looked down grasping my hand even tighter. I felt terrible that an idol was crying because of me.

Did I mean that much to him? Why didn't I even remember such memories with him? Is that even possible?

Sighing, I wanted to remember, I wanted to know what they were talking about, to make sure it was all true and not just simply pulling my leg.

After some time, Yonghwa finally lets go of my hand as he sniffled a bit and wiped his eyes with the back of his hand. Seeing his puffy, bloodshot eyes, my heart contracted in a way I didn't think was possible.

---

Two Weeks Later

It felt like forever before I was discharged from the hospital. I had to go under observation, and the doctors kept running a bunch of tests. They even started me on physical therapy for my leg and arm since I had managed to break them.

Several times, they had asked me if I remembered anything but each time I told them the same thing.

"No,"

"Are you sure?" Dr. Im pressed as he typed his notes.

"I'm pretty sure I can't remember anything of the accident," I said growing annoyed that he kept questioning if I could or could not remember anything that leads up to the crash or anything from apparently the past five years.

"Tell me what you do remember," he continued

Sighing because I don't know I how many times I've been asked the same question, but either way, I had to answer it if I wanted to leave.

"Well, I remember that I just started college. So I'm a freshman in the Engineering department. I don't have friends either," I said

"What about Hee Young?"

Again that name. Why did that name seem so familiar? Even so, everyone asked me that and each time I would say no someone would get offended or be in disbelieve. In the case of Young herself, she was both and then some.

"No,"

Sighing, Dr. Im stopped typing and looked at me.

"I think that'll be all for today," he said as he turned back towards the computer screen and finished typing before exiting the program and shut down the computer. He stood up and went behind my wheelchair, and I unlocked it before he pushed me towards the door.

 

I was now sitting in the car with my parents and brother as the latter drove us home.

"I think it would be best if Hae stayed with me instead," Jae said as he came to a stop at the light.

"Why? I thought she would be better at Young's," our father said from the front seat. I was sitting in the back with my mother. She looked at with a worried expression, but I gave her a slight smile trying to reassure her that I'm alright even though my leg was in a cast.

"Well I mean, it is her house, but I think the twins and Young would feel awkward because she doesn't remember them," he pressed as he pressed on the gas to go as the light turned green.

"Twins?" I asked confused.

"Young's brothers," Jae said glancing over at me.

"Oh," I simply said because I didn't know what else to say to that.

Once arriving at where my brother lived, I was amazed at just how big it was.

"Wow, you live there?" I pointed to the large house.

"Yeah and you live right next door," he pointed to the house on the right. It was just as big, maybe even bigger and just as nice.

I couldn't imagine myself living in such a beautiful home.

"I live there?" I asked. I had a sense of familiarity, but I just couldn't remember anything.

My brother got out of the car first and opened the door for me. My mother had unbuckled the seat belt as my brother reached in to lift me up. Our father had gone to the back to pull the wheelchair from the trunk before rolling it over to us so that Jae could set me down.

"Let's go to your house first. I think you might have some clothes still there," Jae said as he went behind me and pushed the wheelchair forward.

"Still there? What do you mean? Don't I live there?"

"Well yeah but mom forced you to move out to live with your finaceé," Jae sighed.

"FINACEÉ?!" I exclaimed shocked as I tried looking at him. "I thought I was supposed to be dating Yonghwa," I asked even more confused than ever.

"Well yeah, but mom for some reason doesn't like him, so she arranged for you and Lee Soo Hyuk to get married,"

"Lee Soo Hyuk? You mean the actor?!"

"Yup,"

I didn't know that I was living such a life filled with idols and actors! I must have saved a country or something in my past life.

Jae opened the gate door as our father came to hold it open and he pushed us inside of the yard before making our way towards the front door. The door opened, and two boys stood there to greet us.

"HAE!" they both exclaimed as they came running down with tear filled eyes.

"H-Hi?"

They stopped dead in their tracks and looked at me with what I thought to be but expressions.

"So I guess..." one said as he looked at me. "It's true," the other finished. They were twins; they even finished each other sentences.

Sighing slowly, they turned around and went back inside the house, leaving the door open.

"YAH! Come back here and greet us! As well help," Jae yelled for them as he pushed me towards the steps. Father came over and helped Jae pick up the wheelchair with me with still in it to lift me all the way up to the porch.

"Here let me help," a deep voice was heard from behind. Once they set my wheelchair on the porch, I rolled around to find myself in front of Lee Soo Hyuk.

"You finally show up," Mother said with an edge to her voice.

"I'm sorry. I've been busy with finishing filming, and I had some other schedules to attend to," he bowed slightly as he looked at me, mother.

She huffed as she glared at him.

"I entrusted my daughter to you, you know. I was at least hoping to see you at the hospital once she woke up but now you show up? Maybe I should reconsider Yonghwa. He has been nothing but helpful these past few months. Even when he was busy and barely had time, he would stop by even for five minutes to check up on not only Hae but us and leave us flowers. Even these past two weeks, he's been there every day. But what about you? Is filming the only important thing? Do you care for Hae like you said you do?" Mother said as she grew angry by the minute.

From what I heard, Yonghwa came to visit just about every day while I was still in a coma. Sometimes every other day because he was also busy, but he would stop by nonetheless. Ever since I woke up, he was there, no matter the time.

He would even go and get the things that I would ask for. If it was true that I was dating him then, I was one lucky girl because he such a sweet and caring guy. Just thinking about him made my heart skip a beat and I felt butterflies in my stomach.

"Why don't we just take this inside?" Father interjected as Soo Hyuk stood there awkwardly. My mother huffed once more before she pushed past all of us and went inside the house.

Jae glanced over to Soo Hyuk before grabbing the handles on my wheelchair and pushing me inside. Stunned, Soo Hyuk followed behind my father from a distance before closing the door behind him and taking off his shoes.

Young came out of the kitchen as Jae pushed me into what I thought to be the living room and I looked around, feeling as if I should know the place but I just couldn't remember even though I wanted to. I felt so bad for everyone that knew me, but I didn't know or remember any of them. It was so frustrating because they would say or mention some things that I just simply didn't have any memory of.

 

I don't think awkward was the right word to describe the situation at the moment. The atmosphere felt tense, and no one dared speak a word. Everyone shifted uncomfortably in their seats as they avoided each other's eyes.

"So Soo Hyuk have you finished filming?" My father spoke up at last as he cleared his throat and shifted in his seat as he fixed his dress shirt.

"Yes, I have," Soo Hyuk nodded as he leaned forward and clasped his hands. My brother had placed me alongside him as my left leg rested on the coffee table.

"What's the point now?" my mom whispered. My dad nudged her, and she huffed in response.

"I'm sorry I wasn't able

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter