Love Me To Death

Getting it Fixed

*Moonbyul's a whipped girlfriend for a crazily possessive Solar


 

"So what you have to do here is take e out of the integral and then derive this other part with respect to y." Moonbyul pushes up her glasses with a pinky. Her taut lips relaxes gracefully as she finally deciphers the problem in front of her. "The rest of the problem should now make a lot more sense."

 

Wheein skims over Moonbyul's chicken scratch. Messy, but readable. And entirely understandable, unlike the miniscule white blobs her professor scribbles during lectures.Moonbyul is truly a godsend.

 

"Thank you thank you thank you," she chants, hand and mind occupied with answering this last homework problem.

 

Moonbyul chuckles at the unusually studious girl next to her, who is mumbling the logarithmic integral rules under her breath. Of course, only an impending midterm could startle her lazy friend into such a frenzy.

 

She teases her reading glasses off the bridge of her nose as she rests her head naturally on Wheein's shoulder. Checking to see if the girl has, indeed, understood her explanation and isn’t just writing crap on the worksheet.

 

"Don't you have better things to do right now, Moonbyul?" Wheein asks, disapprovingly. Her lower lip juts in concentration when she tries to fight the figures swimming before her eyes. Simplifying the equation? She growls at the extended mess of numbers and symbols before her.

 

"I do have better things to do. Probably. But I give priority tutoring to friends. Aren't I kind?"

 

Wheein feels Moonbyul's growing smile on her shoulder. Friends. Right. More like a distraction. Or an excuse. She rolls her eyes, but Moonbyul remains oblivious of the gesture.

 

"Pft. You're just bored. Aha!" Wheein squeals in joy. She's found x. Bless. Now maybe she has time to escape. She looks towards the clock. It's 2:55.

 

Moonbyul pouts when Wheein begins to pack up to leave. She clings onto Wheein's shoulder, cheeks puffed in dissatisfaction. "Already? You're leaving already? Your classes don't start until 4 right?"

 

"Um yeah." Her words are a rushed mess as her eyes glance towards the clock again. 2:58. Goddamn. It should take at least a few minutes to leave class and get to the library, right?

 

But the speed of that girl is terrifying. Especially when it comes to Moonbyul.

 

"Wheein...I'm so bored. Come play with me."

 

"I have a midterm tomorrow."

 

"Let's study together."

 

"You're too smart for me." Ah . 3:01. Wheein begins shoving everything into her bag. Crumpled assignments, the 10 pound textbook/deadweight, her TI-89, the lecture notes she hurriedly copied from Hwasa.

 

Moonbyul grabs onto her arm when she stands up to leave, bag nearly spilling with everything's that's shoved inside.

 

"Wheein, let's --"

 

"Moonbyul! Baby! I've missed you!" The owner of the voice sprints forward, ignoring the librarian's scowl and well rehearsed reprimand.

 

Moonbyul and Wheein both turn towards the clock. 3:03. A definite record. Solar would have made it big in track and field. If only she had ever had any interest in anything other than Moonbyul.

 

"Baby. Why won't you say anything --" Solar's 1000 watt smile dims considerably when she finally reaches their table. And sees Moonbyul's hand in annoying proximity to Wheein’s. Very annoying proximity. Why were they touching?

 

"H-Hello Solar."

 

"S-Sweetie. Y-You got out of class pretty quickly today. H-How'd you find this place so quickly?"

 

Solar's tone goes from sunny to thunderous in the span of a whole second. Her slow steps towards the pair looks rather menacing from Moonbyul's perspective. She’s suddenly reminded of the terminator.

 

"Baby. Of course I know where you are 24/7. How can I not keep track of my oh so important lover?" She waves her phone, and from the table, Wheein and Moonbyul can see the red dot blinking from the screen.

 

GPS. Great. It isn't like Moonbyul doesn't know how to disable it. It is more a matter of whether she has the guts to. Or how long the freedom can even last until Solar finds another way, another app, another bug to track Moonbyul's whereabouts.

 

Solar stops her advance inches away from the pair. "You see, baby, this all wouldn't be necessary, if only you were loyal." Her murderous eyes turn toward Moonbyul's hand. Which is still tightly clutched onto Wheein's arm for support. While Wheein is subtly straining to get away from the clawlike grip.

 

You traitor.

 

Friends suffer together.

 

I don't want to die early.

 

It'll be fine.

 

What part of that looks fine to you?

 

The silent conversation rages between two desperate pairs of eyes.

 

Solar's face butts in moments later. Her hand rests on Moonbyul's and gently tugs it from Wheein. Or maybe it just looks gentle, for Wheein breathes a sigh of relief, ignoring the brief flinch of agony in Moonbyul's eyes.

 

"Nice to see you Solar! I, uh, got to go. Do stuff. Study.Yeah." Her words stumble along, much like her uncoordinated feet that itch to get away from the couple.

 

"Wheein." Moonbyul's eyes have taken on another whole level of desperation. "You have a free hour. Why don't you spend it with us--"

 

Solar cuts in smoothly with a dangerous smile. "We don't want to disturb Wheein. I'm sure she wants to study for her midterm tomorrow." Her eyes soften slightly at Wheein's vigorous nodding. "Go ahead. We'll see you some other time?"

 

"Oh. Yep. Sure. Bye." Her last words are whispered in response to the librarian's renewed glare and she scampers away.

 

Leaving Moonbyul alone with Solar.





 

Moonbyul sits mute as Solar once again reverts to the loving girlfriend.

 

No more dark shadows in that adoring gaze. Genuine caresses of tender care. A complete absence of the 'killer' part in Solar's killer smile.

 

Moonbyul can't help but once again succumb to the cavity inducing sweetness of her girlfriend's love.

 

"Moonbyul. Baby. Did you miss me?" The purr of Solar's voice sounds, breathtakingly close to her ear.

 

The library is always kept at 65 f. But with her girlfriend grinding herself into her lap, arms wrapped tightly around her thin waist, it's a lot closer to 100 degrees.

 

She's sure her face reflects the change, reddish warmth creeping up her shapely cheeks. Cheeks that Solar doesn’t hesitate to rub her own against.

 

“I-I missed you too,” confesses Moonbyul honestly. Those are the only words that make it out of her overheating mush of a brain.

 

She should be over this stage. This vulnerable period where every lingering touch burns a trail of desire and leaves goosebumps over her pale skin. Where every whispered word from those plump, red lips stirs up a burst of heat and want.

 

It doesn’t help that her girlfriend is so damn pretty. A stunning attraction that is achieved so effortlessly. A face equipped with just the right amount of baby fat that feels so comfortable between her cupped palms.

 

And such an expressive face. The range of emotions that literally pour out that flawless skin. Love. More love. Possessiveness. Some more love. Obsession. A torrent of more love. Hornyness.

 

Moonbyul stiffens against her chair as Solar snuggles even closer into her chest.

 

“S-Solar--”

 

“Call me sweetie.” The tone is a little more than demanding.

 

“S-Sweetie, we’re in public. In the library.” She turns a worried gaze towards the shelves by the table, almost expecting the gray haired librarian to be back for another round of complaints, this time about public morals, school expectations, or an interrogation of why her previous round of assistants all mysteriously quit after meeting Solar.

 

“You don’t like this?” Solar draws away slightly. She’s biting her lip in a manner that they both know Moonbyul is incapable of ignoring.

 

Ugh. That unbearably adorable perfect row of front teeth on those strawberry flavored lips. Moonbyul pushes away the memory that fleetingly pops up. A recent one from the past ten minutes, where Solar is also biting her lip, but viciously in fuming anger at her and Wheein.

 

Who needs such memories anyways. Moonbyul devotes all her attention to the girl sitting on her lap.

 

“Better.” Solar notices Moonbyul’s acquiescence and settles down comfortably again.  

 

“So. How was your day?”

 

“Terrible. I was so bored during class. The professor rambled for a whole hour about his family again.” She exhales through flared nostrils.

 

So endearingly cute. Moonbyul hugs her closer with a goofy grin. “You should just ditch class then.”

 

“I have to pay attention to the few times he spouts out important information. Can’t expect me to write the final paper on his son’s third wrestling match championship, can I?”

 

“But don’t you want to spend it with me,” whines Moonbyul.

 

Oh . She regrets the words as they spill from her clumsy mouth. Curse her and her loose mouth, and her 4.0 GPA brain that conveniently malfunctions when near Solar.

 

She can do nothing but endure the frighteningly cold glare that consumes Solar’s orbs.

 

“With you? You seemed plenty fine earlier, with Wheein.” The accusation is all but innocent. There’s a hint of a threat behind those words that end on a singsongy note.

 

“Wheein...friend…” stammers Moonbyul.

 

“I almost didn’t want to intrude on that cosy atmosphere you were sharing with Wheein.”

 

Right. Sure. Didn’t want to intrude. Moonbyul nearly chokes on her laughter, but seconds later she’s choking on fear.

 

Really now, it was surely time for her brain to kick in and cooperate. Basic instinct of survival and all that, right?

 

Apparently not. Because then decides to ramble on by itself before any coherent lagging thought process catches up. “I just thought we don’t often get to all spend time together. It’s been a while since we’ve hung out together with Wheein. Or Hwasa, for that matter.”

 

“Is spending time with me not enough for you?”

 

Moonbyul gulps. Stupid mouth. The pain from Solar’s sudden iron grip prevents her from speaking any more though.

 

“Moonbyul baby.” Solar’s eyes hover in front of Moonbyul’s as she stands, bent over, fingers digging into the supple flesh of Moonbyul’s thighs. “Answer me honestly.”

 

Moonbyul nods meekly, whimper escaping from her lips.

 

“Do you love me?”

 

There’s a flash of red bloodlust in those questioning eyes. And as Solar straightens her legs, Moonbyul spots a suspicious bulging outline beneath her girlfriend’s skirt. Something akin to a handle. Probably with a sharp edge attached.

 

“I love you so much sweetie. So, so much.” Moonbyul nearly gasps her words out underneath Solar’s stone cold fingers and trimmed nails skimming along her face.

 

Solar’s palm turns over to cup Moonbyul’s chin, tilting it up. Lovingly. With that smile of hers that could light up the gloomiest study room on campus.

 

That 180 change is something Moonbyul still finds hard to get used to. But who is she to refuse the embrace of the goddess before her? She falls numbly into Solar’s welcoming arms

 

Wait. There is still the matter of that weapon Solar must be concealing. Moonbyul attempts to be subtle about her intentions as she searches for said item.

 

“Baby. You’re being awfully touchy and needy today,” giggles Solar, misinterpreting her roaming hands as an attempt to her .

 

She wasn’t entirely wrong. Sure, Moonbyul’s copping a feel here or there. But her focus is on the weapon--

 

The nothing. Her eyes narrow in suspicion. She’s sure her hands have thoroughly explored Solar’s lower half by now. But no weapon to be found.

 

“Sweetie. Um. Did you perhaps hide something for self defense?”

 

“Please. I have no need for anything like that.” Solar covers daintily with one hand, laughing, but not laughing. Moonbyul is sure the giggle that comes out of her girlfriend’s mouth must be some recording from a horror movie.

 

“A-Are you sure? I thought I saw something--”

 

“Self defense is unnecessary. Obviously, my strongest weapon is my love for you, baby.” She bats her eyes and Moonbyul swoons.

 

Damn it. She needs to get her together. Stop falling for everything Solar does---

 

Moonbyul finds her eyes drawn in by the partial cavity that’s appeared from Solar’s magically ed top.

 

Maybe the weapon was there, in Solar’s upper half. She sure hopes so.

 

Her fingers find their way upward, lured on by Solar’s wicked grin and swaying chest.

 

Almost...almost…

 

“Moonbyul!”

 

She jumps and hastily s her hands underneath her, like a kid caught stealing candy.

 

Solar mutters “Tch” but remains glued on Moonbyul’s lap.

 

“Moonbyul,” repeats Hani, who is now standing next to the couple. One, blushing madly, the other, face red for an entirely different reason. Luckily for Hani, the other person isn’t facing her direction at the moment.

 

Instead, Solar is watching Moonbyul. She isn’t sure what the experience can even be compared to. The feeling of a mouse being watched by a predatory cat? The mouse under the keen eye of the laboratory scientist, moments away from being the sacrifice for ‘the greater good’?

 

Whatever it is, it’s terrifying. Moonbyul makes sure to choose her words wisely this time.

 

“H-Hani. H-Hello!”

 

“I’ve been looking for you, partner! We need to work on our biology lab presentation!”

 

“A-Ah that!” Moonbyul sends a reassuring smile to her girlfriend, who is frowning at the words.

 

Partner. Biology. Reluctantly, Solar turns around to see what exactly this Hani looks like. She doesn’t like the sight of the beautiful, short haired girl who is beaming blindly at Moonbyul. Her Moonbyul.

 

Moonbyul finds herself short of breath. Solar has intimidating arm strength. Coupled with a very, very pointy elbow. Maybe it was something she could compliment her about some other time.

 

Hani decides to add, “You weren’t responding to my texts or my calls!”

 

Solar shoots Moonbyul a deadly glare that says ‘she has your number’? It would appear the next time she downloaded one of those ‘find my friend’ apps on Moonbyul’s phone, she would have to go prune that address book as well. Nasty nasty branches sticking out of that perfectly empty list that should only include her contact information.

 

A good plan. She nods her head to herself, nearly forgetting Hani’s presence.

 

But good things come in threes. Hani tilts her head at Moonbyul’s silence, asking, “It’s about time we head to my place to work on the project, right? Like you promised?”

 

The outline of a knife miraculously makes its reappearance and Moonbyul hastens to appease her raging girlfriend. Because Hani is a good friend that certainly doesn’t deserve to get stabbed.

 

And because, Moonbyul knows that it is entirely plausible that at the end of the day, she could be the victim of Solar’s wrath.


But Solar’s love is worth it.


 

*This was really on the spur of the moment. It's really random, I'm sorry. I'm not too sure how to describe the 'yandere' character, but I did my best to mold Solar's character into the idea of a yandere. Whoops.