"Mark just smiled"

Teach Me How to Love

- *Sigh* I love Wednesdays.

- You do? Hm… I wonder why you love them so much, Mr. Tuan.

- So funny, Jackson.

- Go to class already. Your beloved teacher must be waiting for you.

Mark just smiled with the idea of seeing Jinyoung. Mark hasn’t sent anything since the red apple, and that was a week ago. He lost the courage to send more love notes to the teacher. But he was happy that he made him smile at least once.

As usual, the class doesn’t look boring at all, at least for little Mark. Mr. Park Jinyoung remains handsome as always. But there’s something different about him, and Mark is the only one to notice.

« He’s smiling more today. He looks happy? But why do I feel so worried about that? I should be happy that he’s happy. Maybe… He got a new boyfriend? Or… girlfriend?! Oh god I don’t even know if he’s into boys, I don’t even know if he likes younger boys! What do I do now? »

- Students, I already finished grading your assignments. Everyone did a good job. Congratulations.

The teacher starts distributing the papers to their owners, and when he gave Mark his paper, he smiled to him.

Mark got an A+. Well, he is American. This is his native language. When looking at his grade, Mark spotted a little note written by the teacher.

« Good job, Mark. And thanks for the apple. You were right, it was really sweet. PS: I know your calligraphy very well. »

Mark was speechless. This is so embarrassing. This wasn’t supposed to happen, at least not for now.

- Seonsaengnim…

- Well since you asked me to call you Mark, when we’re alone you can call me Jinyoung. Do you need something? Your ears are really red.

- I...I…Just wanted to ask what you thought about the subject I wrote for the assignment.

- Well, stories about a secret love are always interesting. You did a great job, Mark. – Jinyoung smiled.

- Thank you! Thank you so much, seonsaengnim! I mean…Jinyoung.

- You’re very welcome. You’re from America, right?

- Yes. Los Angeles.

- Interesting. You should visit my house someday. I can show you lots of memories from when I was in America, and we can also have a cup of tea together if you want. Here’s the address. Come by whenever you want.

Mark just smiled, and of course ran home to tell Jackson.

« Is this even real? Teacher wants me to come to his house? And he asked me to call him by his first name?! My heart is about to explode. I can’t believe Jackson’s advice actually worked! »

- Well, Well, Well…A date with a teacher? I’m very proud of you, Mark. Maybe someday you’ll be like me.

- It’s not a date. I don’t think it’s a date. He just wants me to show those kinds of things because I’m American. He loves cultural exchanging.

- You know Mark hyung, teachers usually don’t tell their students to come to their house. He must like you.

In that day, at the same time, three different minds shared the same thoughts.

« I’ll definitely go there this Saturday. I should look my best. I want him to notice me. I should dye my hair brown. I think he’ll like it. He looks very simple, and maybe my red hair is too vibrant. Anyway, I just want to be next to him. »

« I’m glad I invited him. Will he come? I should clean the house this Friday. Everything has to be perfect. This is my opportunity to get closer to him. He’s so cute when he’s embarrassed. Who am I kidding? He’s always really cute. He’s adorable. And I want him to be mine. »

« We’ve been friends since pre-school. And you can’t even notice my feelings for you. I know it’s wrong…But it hurts every time I see you smile because of that teacher. I want to be the one making you smile. You said it yourself, I know you better than you know yourself. I wanna be the one taking care of you, Mark Tuan. »

-----♥-----

I still don't know how many chapters this story will have, but i'm trying to update everyday. Thank you for all your love and support and I hope you all enjoy this chapter <3