Chapter 7

Little Kittens

A/N: I finally had time and inspiration to finish this. School and work have eaten up most of my time but I bought a new laptop and I'm slowly working on all my fics.So enjoy, I tried to keep the Daejae low in this chapter to let the other characters shine.


 

Yongguk wondered how Himchan was doing. Sure he listened to Himchan through his headset but it wasn't the same as having the cute kitten sitting on his shoulder. Since Yongguk got Himchan, they haven't been apart from each other for more than an hour and it was now going on two. Yongguk sighed, leaning against a fake tree, he missed his kitten. Sure he wasn't too expressive like Youngjae was with Daehyun but Himchan knew he loved him through small actions. Maybe he was worrying too much since Himchan had the other kittens to keep him company. Yongguk shook his head, he needed to get his head back in the game. He was only trailing behind Soohyun by 25 points and behind the currently first place, Junhong, by 40 points. And to his amusement, Jaebum was dead last, with only 30 points. 

Yongguk heard footsteps and peeked behind his tree, seeing Nana running pass him with Hakyeon at her heels. Yongguk took aim and hit Hakyeon as his back was turned to Yongguk, running as the bright orange light was shining on Hakyeon's body. He sprinted to his right, sliding into a small alcove as Soohyun came around a corner. He tried to keep his panting quiet as he watched Soohyun scout the area before leaving. Yongguk didn't bother with shooting at her because he knew that she would stalk him for the rest of the game or at least until someone else caught her eye. He quietly moved out of the alcove, swearing when he heard someone whistle. He looked to see Soohyun aim her gun at him, smirking. He bit his lip and escaped, crying on the inside as he heard her steps right behind him.

 


 

Nana really wasn't one for much exercise. She didn't like to sweat much and as of now, she wished she could take a shower. After being chased by Hakyeon for what seemed like forever, she climbed a wall that had trees on either side of it, making it a perfect place to just sit and rest. She wiped her forehead, throat parched. Man, laser tag was fun but tiring and it didn't help that Nana was wearing heels. Her feet hurt but she didn't dare take off her shoes, who knows what has been on the floor. 

She kept her eyes open, just in case someone walked by. Even if somebody didn't come by, she knew she would have more points than Jaebum. That poor boy, she had been able to shoot him seven different times and he hadn't been able to defend himself. Hakyeon had his work cut out for him. She pulled out her phone and decided to just hang out around twitter, casually tweeting her friends and taking selfies. She was ready to wait out the rest of the game until she saw Junhong come by. 

Junhong wanted to get away from the entrance to the maze as fast as he could, looking around for a good place to hide. He wasn't a good hider, since he was too tall but with Jongup, he could hopefully win. He stepped behind a tree and watched as Soohyun and Jaebum walked passed him, shooting at each other since the game started. He lined up his gun and started shooting as well, getting a shoulder hit on Jaebum. Soohyun escaped, darting around a pillar and running away too fast. Junhong pouted before giving chase, making sure Jaebum wasn't following him. 

He passed by Yongguk, shooting at him but Yongguk hid behind a tree. Junhong just kept running, hoping he would pass by someone. Instead he lit up like a Christmas tree and cursed, aiming his gun in every direction until he hear Nana's voice, “You should probably run before I get another shot off of you.”

Not knowing where the voice coming from, Junhong sprinted off. Nana shouldered her gun and smirked, “Man I do good work.”

 


 

Daehyun's tail swished from side to side, his little eyes stuck on Youngjae's form on the tv in front of him. He wished he could be out there with Youngjae, on his shoulder as Youngjae shot everyone, scoring so many points. Daehyun didn't even recognize that laser tag was definitely appealing to the hunting side of him. He just wanted Youngjae to nuzzle his head as Daehyun was able to help him evade his friends. Was that too much to ask? He watched as Youngjae shot Soohyun, purring as Youngjae sent him a small wink through the cameras. He didn't notice Himchan coming up next to him until he felt a poke at his shoulder. He jumped before turning to a smirking Himchan, “Yes?”

Himchan grinned and pointed at Youngjae, “Looks like he's dedicating his wins to you.”

Daehyun blushed, his hands playing with his tail. Himchan cooed from adorable Daehyun was when he was thinking about Youngjae. Did he look like that when he thought about Yongguk? “Anyways, the game will be over soon. I think they have half an hour. Then you can snuggle up to Youngjae.”

Daehyun gave him a look, “You're going to snuggle up to Yongguk too.”

Himchan sniffed, “Me? Snuggle? Never.”

Jongup glanced at Himchan, smiling at the fact Himchan sounded like he even missed Yongguk. To Jongup, Junhong left him alone often, due to being absentminded. Jongup didn't mind it since sometimes Junhong like to think alone. It gave him time to read and relax since going out with Junhong was an adventure. 

A large noise forced the kittens to look at the screen, slightly wincing from how bright it was. Jimin pointed to the multiple colors on the screen in one section of the maze. “I wonder what happened.”

As if answering Jimin's question, a voice was heard over an intercom. “A bomb has been set off in section three. A bomb has been set off in section three. Affected players: Player 1, Player 4, Player 6 and Player 8. Detonator: Player 3.”

Daehyun cheered as he heard that Youngjae set off the bomb and started searching for him on the screen while the other kittens pouted as their owners were hit by the bomb. Jongup pointed to a corner of the maze, “There's Youngjae.”

Daehyun grinned and looked at the corner of the tv screen, which has a small timer. In four minutes, the kittens would be allowed to talk to their owners again. Daehyun counted down the minutes until they were given the go to talk. He waited for minute to hear what the other kittens were telling their owners before speaking, “You were so cool when you set off the bomb.”

Daehyun heard and saw Youngjae chuckle, “Thanks Kitten, I'm glad it was cool. How's the score?” Daehyun looked over at the other monitor with the scores. “You're in the lead now by 30 points.”

Youngjae looked at the cameras and made a heart for Daehyun, smiling as he heard the kitten purr. “Alright. Keep watching out for me.” And with that, Youngjae ran off through the maze, swiftly avoiding a laser beam from Junhong. Jimin sat down next to Daehyun and nodded his head, “Youngjae's pretty cool.”

Daehyun smiled softly, “Yeah.”

 


 

Jaebum scowled, he just couldn't find anyone but they could find him easily. His score reflected that and even though he didn't look like it, he was a bit frustrated. He wanted to show off his skills and get a lot of points and instead he was the black hole of the game. He looked around and sighed, seeing no one near him. He walked next to a small alcove surrounded by trees and was yanked behind it. He came face to face with Hakyeon and smiled, wiping the sweat off his face. “Hey.”

Hakyeon smirked and pulled Jaebum closer, “Hey.” Hakyeon wrapped a leg around Jaebum. Jaebum bit his lip and Hakyeon's eyes lowered down to his mouth. They shared a small brief kiss before Jaebum was able to find his voice again, “Yeonie, we can't do this here, the kittens could see.”

Hakyeon nipped at Jaebum's chin, “Don't worry about that. The kittens can look away.” 

 


 

Himchan rose an eyebrow at the scene in front of him while Jimin whined, “Why do they have to make out while the game is on?” 

Himchan laughed, “They can sure take advantage of the situation. Don't you see this often?”

Jimin smacked Himchan's shoulder, “They keep it toned down in front of me or go behind doors. I know if Hakyeon starts something, he plans to finish it and I don't want to watch.”

Jongup surprised them as he cut into the conversation, “But you do have hot owners.”

Everyone looked at him, Jongup frowned. “What?”

Himchan shook his head, “Nothing. I just forget that not all kittens are like Daehyun and fall in love with their owners.”

Daehyun hissed, “Watch it. You're in love with Yongguk too!”

Himchan hissed back at Daehyun and they stared at each other until another loud noise broke the almost fight. They turned to the screen and listened for the announcement.

“A bomb has been set off in section three. A bomb has been set off in section three. Affected players: Player 2, Player 3, Player 4 and Player 5. Detonator: Player 6.”

Jimin whistled, “Jaebummie is going to lose bad isn't he?”

Daehyun laughed as Himchan and Jongup nodded. They turned to see where Jaebum was still making out with Hakyeon, ignoring the bright lights around them. Himchan scratched his ears, “But at least he'll go down kissing Hakyeon.”