Chapter 3

Little Kittens

Saturday was a blur for Youngjae, passing by in the blink of an eye. He did go window shopping early in the day, putting some cute clothes on reserve for his future Little Kitten, as well as a mini house in case his noona hadn't gotten him one. The mini house he chose was a cute navy home, with silver trim on the outside. It had a working kitchen and bathroom, which was something Youngjae as amazed by. The instructions on the mini house noted that the kitchen worked with the type of gas used for camping stoves and for the bathroom, the plumbing connected to a septic tank for waste and a small tank for clean water. The clean water could be refilled every three months or so and the septic tank could be replaced every so often, depending how often the Little Kitten went to the bathroom. 

It also came with a bedroom, a living room and a small room that the Little Kitten could decorate how they wanted to. The working accessories for the living room and bedroom were sold separately so each Little Kitten could choose how they wanted to decorate their living room and bedroom. So besides the kitchen and bathroom, the inside was completely empty but Youngjae had loved how the inside was decorated. The theme was modern, with the color scheme of blue, black and white. It was perfect in Youngjae's mind and if his noona got him one, it had better be amazing. 

Youngjae also picked up some cleaning supplies for his mother and some new art supplies for himself, mainly some coloring pastels. Once he finished shopping, he spent the rest of the day trying to be productive. He did some homework for different classes in advance, knowing he would be completely busy with his Little Kitten. He also emailed his professor to see if he could switch partners with someone else, describing in great detail how Eunji was not a suitable partner for him. He didn't get a response quickly but he didn't expect to. But in all honesty, he doubt he'd be allowed to choose another partner. His teacher wasn't that understanding. 

So he went ahead and made an outline about Limits and worked on the project, finishing about a fourth of the project. He was going to try and finish the project as fast as he could with small input by Eunji, so he wouldn't spend as much time with her. But there was only a point where his brain could easily comprehend math and by 5pm, he was tapped out. 

He made plans with Junhong and Yongguk to go and eat and have fun with karaoke later on Sunday, after his birthday party. Then during dinner, he heard from his parents that they were going to go on a date after giving Youngjae his presents. He wondered if they were going to that fancy greek restaurant that had opened up an hour away. He had heard around school that the restaurant was really good, so maybe. 

Later on Saturday night, Youngjae had laid in bed, excited for Sunday. He really wanted to know what Soohyun had planned for his birthday, He knew that they weren't having the party at home since there were no decorations or booze stocked up for tomorrow. So he wondered where the party was going to take place, a hotel perhaps? He just hoped his noona didn't go wild with the party and made something simple and with close friends. But boy was he wrong. 

After his mother made him an amazing birthday breakfast, consisting of kimchi and bibimbap (his two favorite foods in the world and god had it had been so delicious) Soohyun pushed him up to shower. He was told to take his time and he followed his noona's instructions. Once he finished his shower, he was presented with a ton of new clothes from his parents. New shirts, jeans and sweaters lined his bed but his favorites out of them all were a simple beige sweater and a pair of dark navy skinny jeans. His mother had done well in choosing all the clothes while his father held out a show box that held a new pair of white sneakers. The outfit made him look so innocent and ready for the day. 

He put on a tiny bit of cologne and grabbed the backpack Soohyun had prepared for him. He sneaked a peek inside as he was being led downstairs. Inside was a change of clothes and a lot of weird snacks that he wasn't able to read the name of before being shoved out the front door. He walked a couple of steps before gasping at the sight in front of him. A party bus was parked in front of their house. It was huge and sleek, windows tinted and he could hear music coming from the inside. 

He climbed inside the bus and was greeted with a loud “Happy Birthday Youngjae!”. He smiled and waved to everyone inside. He sat down next to Junhong, who slapped a birthday crown onto him head and gave him shot of vodka. 

He gave Yongguk a look, how could he let Junhong drink but all he received was a smile and a pat on the head. Yongguk passed him a lime and whispered in his ear, 

“Sorry I couldn't stop him.”

Youngjae rolled his eyes and grabbed the salt shaker from the table in front of him, putting some into the palm of his hand. He smiled at Jongup and Himchan, who were sharing a big cookie. Himchan was wiping off chocolate from Jongup's cheeks, smiling at how cute he was at eating. Youngjae downed the shot of vodka quickly, the salt off his palm and biting deeply into the lime, the juice fighting the raw aftertaste of the vodka. He winced at the initial burn in his stomach but ignore it ans winked at everyone. He set down his glass and finally got a look at who was inside the bus. 

Junhong was next to Yongguk, who was next to Jaebum, Hakyeon, Soohyun and then Soohyun's friend Nana. Then on the table was Jongup, Himchan and little Jimin. A full party bus and Youngjae loved it. 

Soohyun pulled out a cake as soon as the bus start moving, lighting the candles with a match. She set down the cake and they started to sing to him. Youngjae laughed as Jaebum and Junhong wiggled their eyebrows at him as he blew on the candles, silently wishing for everyone to be healthy. He escaped being pushed face first into the cake and shoved the cake to Jaebum,

“Cut my cake slave.”

Jaebum pursed his lips, “Fine since it's your birthday.”

As Jaebum started cutting his cake, Soohyun pulled out a gift the size of a shoe box. She handed it to Youngjae, winking as he took it. He looked at the gift, seeing that it was weirdly wrapped as if it had holes in it. The slight buzz from the shot he took, emptied his mind of what it could be. So when he carefully opened the box and big beautiful brown eyes were looking at him, he was thoroughly and pleasantly surprised. He helped the Little Kitten out of the box, mentally chuckling at how they matched, the little kitten also dressed in a beige sweater and blue jeans. The Little Kitten had dark brunette hair, tousled softly to one side of his face. He had a cute little mole under his left eye that seemed to disappear with his smile. Youngjae ran a finger through the Little Kitten's hair,

“And what might your name be, little one?”

The small kitten blushed, his brunette ears folding down a bit in shyness. His little tail wrapped around Youngjae's wrist as he responded, “Daehyun.”

Youngjae smiled and helped Daehyun cuddle up to his shoulder, whispering small encouragements and welcomes to Daehyun. He could feel Daehyun wrap his little arms around Youngjae's neck and he looked up to Soohyun.

“He's gorgeous. How did you find him?”

Youngjae missed the meow Daehyun made, pleased that Youngjae liked the way he looked. Soohyun grinned,

“I saw him when I went shopping with mom a week ago. He was curled up in a small bed in the Little Kitten pet shop and I immediately thought of you. His kitten manual is in your backpack, as well as snacks for him to eat. There's enough for the other kittens as well.”

Youngjae nodded and pulled his backpack off, being mindful of Daehyun. Daehyun pressed his nose against Youngjae's neck, catching a hint of Youngjae's cologne. The woody scent mixed with Youngjae's fresh scent, made Daehyun feel right at home. Youngjae briefly looked at the kitten manual before putting it back in his backpack (he would read it later) and took out a yellow bag, filled with different shaped cookies. He gave one to Jongup and Himchan, with Jimin stuffing his face with cake, before holding one out to Daehyun, who nibbled on it while Youngjae nuzzled the top of his head with his nose. Daehyun smelled like sweet flowers, he noted. 

“He is so cute.” Youngjae had to agree with Hakyeon. 

“Youngjae, you're going to spoil him, won't you?”

Youngjae smirked, “Of course.”

Once Daehyun finished his cookie and comfy on Youngjae's shoulder, Youngjae took a slice of cake and a fork. He took a bit of cake and tried it out. The icing was smooth and not so sugary, which was good. Due to the movement of the bus, Youngjae had smeared icing on his cheek. He didn't see any napkins on the table and was going to wipe it off with his fingers when Daehyun reached up and lapped at his cheek. He cleaned Youngjae's cheek off, face turning red when Youngjae turned to look at him. Youngjae smiled and gave him a little kiss on the forehead,

“Thank you. Would you like some cake?”

Daehyun nodded eagerly, watching Youngjae scoop up a little piece of cake and holding it up for Daehyun. 

“Open up Daehyun, here comes the cake.”

Daehyun closed his eyes at the delicious flavor of the cake, cheeks puffed out like a squirrel. Youngjae chuckled and wiped off any excess cake on Daehyun's face. Daehyun gripped Youngjae's shirt and hummed as he swallowed, mouth opening for more cake. Youngjae gave him more cake, laughing at how cute he was,

“Silly kitten. Looks like my Daehyunnie likes cake a lot huh?”

Daehyun nodded, “Yeah! But I love cheesecake the most!”

Daehyun gestured with his hands how much he loved cheesecake, opening his arms as much as he could. Youngjae rubbed Daehyun's tummy, 

“Well I'll have to get you some later then.”

Daehyun gasped, “Really?”

Youngjae nodded and Daehyun cheered, hugging Youngjae's face and purring loudly. Himchan turned to Yongguk and whined, 

“Why can't you be like that with me?”

Everyone laughed as Yongguk as he blushed. He picked up Himchan and started to tickle him as punishment, 

“Because you're too sassy to be that cute.”

Youngjae turned to Soohyun, “Noona where are we going?”

Soohyun shook her finger at Youngjae, “Now now, when have I ever let you know what we are going to do for today? I'm gonna make you a cocktail and you are going to sit back and enjoy it. You'll see where we end up.”

Youngjae watched his noona make him a drink. She was great at making drinks, it came easy to her. Youngjae took the bright blue cocktail and sipped it, making sure Daehyun couldn't drink any. Little Kittens, most of the time, couldn't handle alcohol well. He wasn't going to take any chance with Daehyun. 

“None for you mister. Now do you want to meet Jongup, Jimin and Himchan? I promise they won't bite...well Jongup won't.”

Himchan pouted and grabbed Yongguk's finger, “I won't bite! Hit him for me Bbang!” 

Jaebum smiled evilly, “Bbang? How cute.”

Yongguk gave him a dirty look, “Bbang is only for Himchan, got it?”

Himchan smiled as Jaebum backed off. Meanwhile Jimin had walked up to Youngjae and made grabby hands at him, “New friend please!”

Hakyeon smiled and patted Jimin, “He loves making new friends.”

Jaebum cooed, “Jimin don't rush Daehyun. He's shy.” Jimin pouted and wiggled his at Jaebum, slightly ignoring his words. Youngjae turned to Daehyun,

“Looks like Jimin wants to play. Do you want to?”

Daehyun nodded hesitantly, holding onto to Youngjae as he was set down on the table. Jimin immediately attached himself to Daehyun and purred against him. Youngjae felt a nudge and turned to Junhong, who smirked. 

“Now that the cute kittens are playing with each other, let's have some fun.”

Junhong gestured to Nana, who pulled out shot glasses filled with jello. 

“Birthday boy gets the first jello shot. Down it and do a body roll, y boy!” 

Youngjae shook his head in amusement but took a red shot glass, downing it in one go. He shivered at the burst of flavor, fruity and bitter at the same time. He the rim of the shot glass before rolling his body and winking to the crowd, which consisted of Jaebum cheering him on. Youngjae turned to Nana and smiled, Daehyun silently watching him, eyes on his shot glass. 

“Better than I thought.”

Nana flipped her hair, voice full of pride.

“It's my special recipe, cultivated by years of getting drunk at college parties. Now who's up to play Never Have I Ever?”

Soohyun raised her hand, downing her blue jello shot. “I'm in. I'm totally gonna get Youngjae smashed.”

Youngjae made a face, “We'll see about that. But first everyone has to finish their jello shot.”

Everyone grabbed a jello shot and followed Youngjae's steps, making body rolls and laughing at how weird Yongguk did his. Hakyeon rolled his chest like an expert, humming at the taste of the jello shot. He could handle the alcohol, unlike Jaebum and Yongguk. Both coughed a bit from the alcohol. Junhong surprised everyone by swirling around his jello shot around his mouth before swallowing. He grinned at Nana, “Tasty.”

Youngjae moaned, “You've corrupted my maknae.”

Jaebum snorted, “Puh-lease, he's not even a bit innocent. You should have heard him before you got on the bus. He was suggesting we get you a stripper and to get you super drunk.”

Youngjae looked at Junhong, “How could you?!”

Junhong shrugged his shoulders, “I just wanted you to have a good time. Besides Soohyun already got you a stripper waiting for us.”

Youngjae whirled to look at his sister, “You didn't...”

Soohyun waved her hand at him and poured herself a shot of tequila. 

“Chill out. The stripper is a friend of mine who really needs the money. Plus he's super hot and just your type.”

Youngjae frowned, “I'm not gonna sleep with him noona.”

Soohyun smiled, “You never know.”

While Youngjae and Soohyun were chatting about Soohyun's stripper friend, Daehyun started to frown. Even though he barely met Youngjae for the first time 15 minutes ago, he had grown attached quickly. Youngjae was his master and nobody else could have him. He stuffed down the jolt of jealously he had, patting Jimin on the head and stepping away from him. He gave Jimin a cookie and made his way to Youngjae, mewing and holding his arms up for Youngjae to hold him. 

Youngjae tore his attention from Soohyun and turned to Daehyun, picking him up and cuddling him.

“What's wrong Daehyun? Want more cake?”

Daehyun wiggled in Youngjae's hands, creating a smile on Youngjae's face, 

“Can I have water please?”

Youngjae chuckled, getting a bottle of water from Yongguk. “Of course you can kitten.”

Hakyeon watched this interaction between Youngjae and Daehyun with amusement. Daehyun was really attached to Youngjae to be this possessive of him so quickly. How cute he was. Jimin was the same when he first got him but now he had calmed down a bit once he saw that Hakyeon was dating Jaebum, someone who would play with him as much as he wanted and gave him treats at every chance. 

Jongup tugged on Junhong's pants and pointed to Youngjae's water bottle, silently asking for some water too. Junhong smiled and picked up Jongup, Soohyun handing him a bottle of water. 

Youngjae opened the water bottle and tilted it to Daehyun's lips, helping him sip from it. He made sure Daehyun didn't spill any water on him since he didn't have any clothes to change into. Daehyun pulled back after a couple of minutes, thirst quenched. 

“Finished Daehyun?” Daehyun nodded.

Youngjae went to put Daehyun back on the table but Daehyun clung to his sweater. Youngjae's turned to him, eyebrow lifted in confusion. “Yes?”

Daehyun made his eyes wider and pouted, “Can I stay with you?”

Everyone awed and Youngjae nodded, putting Daehyun into his lap. He turned to watch Nana pass out shots of tequila, making sure none of it spilled in case the kittens lapped it up. 

“Alright time to start.”