Chapter 5

Little Kittens


Youngjae looked around the arcade, nostalgia hitting him. He hadn't been in an arcade for years, never really having time to go. Daehyun looked around as well, taking in the sights. His little cute ears were taking in all the sounds, lips forming a duck face.

“Youngjae can we go play that game?!”

Youngjae looked to where Daehyun pointed, a japanese zombie shooter game. He walked over to the game and set down his tokens (which the game attendants had given them all as they walked in). He sat Daehyun next to his tokens,

“Is it too loud Daehyun?”

Daehyun shook his head and held up a token for Youngjae to put in the game slot. Youngjae thanked Daehyun and started the game, picking up the fake gun and watching the cut scene on the screen. He winced at the zombies and how loud the game was but Daehyun seemed fine as he was standing and pointing to all the zombies for Youngjae to kill.

“There in the corner Jae!”

“On the floor Youngjae!”

“Ooh! Ooh! Get that power up!”

He was simply too cute. Eventually Youngjae died due to a big zombie boss he hadn't been ready for. He didn't bother continuing the game. He just picked up Daehyun and his tokens and looked around. 

“Had fun watching? Do you see another game you want to play?”

Youngjae was thankful that this arcade was Little Kitten friendly, with many games that allowed Little Kittens to play as well. Daehyun saw a game booth with little fishes on the floor. He pointed to it,

“There please Jae Jae!”

Jae Jae? How cute he was. Youngjae took them over to the fish game, where it looked like you had stomp all the fish in a certain amount of time. He checked to see if Daehyun could play and sighed in relief when it looked like he could. He set Daehyun down and put in enough tokens for the two of them, setting the game for versus mode. The floor suddenly broke into two different screens, one big enough for Youngjae and the other big enough for Daehyun. He smiled as Daehyun adjusted to the game screen on the floor, eyes already scanning for the best way to get all the fish. He heard the timer start counting down and he smirked at Daehyun, who made a slicing motion across his neck with his thumb. 

The buzz rang loudly, starting the game. Youngjae let Daehyun have a bit of a head start, watching his little legs jump on the fish. Youngjae simply moved back and forth, not really caring if he hit any fish. He was just having fun watching Daehyun play. Youngjae had to pull himself away from watching Daehyun and try to put some effort into hitting the fish or else who would just stand there and watch Daehyun. 

The buzzer went off, signaling the end of the game. Youngjae looked at the number of fish he got and the number of fish Daehyun got and smiled, 

“Looks my Daehyunnie won by three fishes.” 

Daehyun cheered, his tail swishing vigorously. “I won! I won!”

Youngjae picked up Daehyun and tapped his nose.

“Yes you did. What does my little winner want as a prize?”

Daehyun's ears perked up, “A prize?” He nuzzled Youngjae's hand. Daehyun knew what he wanted from Youngjae as a prize, having thought about it since the bus ride. He looked at Youngjae and blushed, his eyes landing on Youngjae's lips. Daehyun grew shy, mumbling his words,

“....a kiss.”

Youngjae rubbed Daehyun's back. “What was that? Speak up Daehyun. What does my kitten want as a prize?”

Daehyun's fur frizzed up for a moment. He mewed in embarrassment, his hands playing with Youngjae's shirt. 

“Can I have a kiss please?”

Youngjae blinked, he didn't expect Daehyun to want a kiss for a prize. He was expecting Daehyun to ask for more cake or a different dessert. He smiled at Daehyun, rubbing his finger against his little cheek. 

“A kissy? Where does Daehyun want it?” 

Daehyun puckered his lips, pointing to his face. Youngjae chuckled, rubbing Daehyun's ears. “A little kissy for Daehyunnie's lips? You little erted kitty, you got jealous while I was talking in the party bus huh?”

Daehyun blushed but nodded, “Jae Jae is mine!”

“You possessive kitten. All yours huh? Well Daehyunnie is all mine too.”

Youngjae's leaned in and gave Daehyun a small chaste kiss, making sure it was short. He wasn't going to make out with his kitten, that would be a little weird. Daehyun purred and rubbed his head against Youngjae's cheek,

“Thank you.”

Youngjae tsked, “I haven't owed you for a day and you're already too spoiled.”

Daehyun nodded, “But you love me~!”

Youngjae nodded, “Yes I do my baby kitten. Now lets go find another game to play, shall we?” Daehyun nodded and they went off in search for another game. 

While Youngjae and Daehyun had fun together, the others played around with bumper cars. Junhong's laughter sounded so evil as he rammed his bumper car into Yongguk's, Jongup's purrs of happiness ringing loudly in Junhong's ear. Yongguk made sure Himchan was ok before chasing after Junhong. Both Jongup and Himchan were wearing small helmets, Jongup a red one and Himchan a blue one. The Little Kittens were sitting in the little seat made for them in the bumper cars, buckled in safely next to their owners. Himchan looked at Yongguk and waved his hands, “Get him Bbang~!”

Yongguk smiled widely, turning quickly to hit Junhong in the side. Then out of nowhere, Jaebum came and hit Junhong as well, cackling. “Let's the maknae!”

Hakyeon laughed from the sidelines, “If you do that, Youngjae might kill you.”

Jaebum waved off Hakyeon's concern, moving away from Junhong and targeting Yongguk. “But I'm sure Junhong would like it.”

Hakyeon turned to Jimin, who was stuffing his cheeks with a yummy pretzel. “Jaebummie is crazy isn't he? Youngjae is going to kill him at this rate.”

Jimin mewed sadly, “I don't want Bummie to die!”

Hakyeon laughed, “Did you hear that Jaebum? Jimin doesn't want you to die!”

Jaebum stopped his bumper car in front of Hakyeon and Jimin, holding out his hand for Jimin. Jimin wiggled his ears and jumped into Jaebum's hand. “Don't die daddy.”

Jaebum smiled warmly, “I won't baby. Want to join me?”

Jimin nodded and Jaebum strapped him into the Little Kitten seat. “Hold on baby. Yah Junhong, watch out! I'm gonna get you.”

Junhong looked at Jaebum, “You can't get me hyung! Your eyesight is going, just like Yongguk hyung's!”

Yongguk huffed, smiling as he leaned to whisper to Himchan, “That whipper snapper huh?” Himchan giggled. “Go get them Bbang.” Yongguk nuzzled Himchan's head, kissing his forehead before racing after Jaebum and Junhong. 

Eventually the bumper cars slowed down, letting Yongguk smack Jaebum's car. Everyone got out of their bumper cars, picking up their kittens. Hakyeon took Jimin from from Jaebum, swinging him up into the air. “How about we go bowling guys? Our kittens can eat and rest while we play.”

Junhong rubbed Jongup's back, “Are you hungry Jongup?” Jongup nodded, “Can I have pizza?”

Himchan pointed at Jongup, “Yongguk I want pizza too!”

Yongguk nodded, “Let's go over to the bowling lanes and call Soohyun and Nana over. We can have two teams of three.”

Junhong cuddled Jongup, “I'll go get them hyung and I'll get some pizzas too. Let's go Jongup.”

Junhong left with Jongup as the rest went over to the bowling section. Junhong looked around for the girls, wondering where they could be. He tried to listen for their voices but couldn't really hear anything over the sounds of the arcade. Finally he hear some intense beating, finding the noonas playing whack-a-mole. 

“Soohyun noona! Nana noona!” Soohyun and Nana turned to Junhong, smiling. “What's up?”

Nana tickled Jongup, letting Soohyun talk to Junhong. “We're playing bowling and wanted you guys to play with us. We're also gonna get some pizzas.”

Soohyun nodded, “Sounds cool. Who's playing?”

“Me, Yongguk hyung, Jaebum hyung and Hakyeon hyung.”

Soohyun hummed, “Where's Youngjae? Is he playing alone with Daehyun?”

Junhong shrugged, “I guess so. We'll see him later probably.”

“Go get the pizza Junhong. We'll catch up,”

Junhong nodded and took Jongup from Nana, running off to go get pizza. Soohyun and Nana slowly made their way to the bowling arena.  “So where did you hide the prize?”

Soohyun smiled, “It's over by the Final Fantasy games. It's an outfit for the Little Kitten who finds it.”

Nana hummed, “Who do you think is going to find it first?”

Soohyun looked around, spotting Youngjae by the DDR machines, “It looks like Youngjae will, if Daehyun roams around a bit.”

“Anyways, let's go bowl.”

Soohyun and Nana watched the boys set up the bowling game, looking over the bowling balls. Soohyun picked out a navy colored ball with pink and yellow swirls while Nana chose a white ball with purple and green specks in it. They sat down and waited for Junhong to come with the food, making small talk. They went ahead and made teams. Hakyeon, Soohyun and Yongguk became one team and Jaebum, Junhong and Nana became one team. Junhong finally came over with a game attendant, who came carrying their pizza and paper plates. 

The attendant left the pizza on the table and left quickly, letting them have their privacy. Junhong set Jongup down and gave everyone a paper plate. Everyone got a slice of pizza, the Little Kittens having a big slice to share. Himchan made sure the younger kittens ate first, giving Jimin a big pepperoni and cleaning Jongup up. Himchan took a bite of the pizza, the cheese stretching and making him took really cute as he struggled to to cut the string. Yongguk chuckled and helped Himchan cut the little sting of cheese. Himchan thanked him before he kept eating, absently cuddling against Yongguk's finger. 

The group gossiped as they ate, talking about the latest news. Soohyun was showing Yongguk and Nana a tattoo she was thinking of getting on her back while Junhong and Jaebum were asking Hakyeon about the upcoming school poster sale. Nobody was really paying attention to their Little Kittens until they heard Jongup mew loudly. Jimin had been trying to climb off the table, wanting to play with Soohyun's bowling ball. Jongup caught him as he was going to try and jump off the table, Himchan also trying to pull Jimin towards the center of the table and away from the edge. 

Hakyeon picked up Jimin and put him into his lap, patting Jongup and Himchan on the head. “Jimin what were you trying to do? You know you're not suppose to play with things that could be dangerous for you without me or Jaebum.”

Jimin's ears drooped, his eyes dropping to the table. Hakyeon sighed and kissed Jimin's head. “As your punishment, you can't have anymore sweets for the day.”

Jimin snapped his head towards Hakyeon and whined, his eyes tearing up. “Mama...” Hakyeon sighed, “We'll see. Now go play with Jongup and Himchan.”

Everyone watched Hakyeon put Jimin on the table. Jaebum sighed and put his head on Hakyeon's shoulder, “He's such a troublemaker.” Junhong laughed, “You'll never be bored with him hyung.” Jaebum smiled, “I don't know how you got Jongup since you're the troublemaker between you two.”

Junhong smiled, “I saw him dancing in the Litten Kitten store. I went inside the store and watched him for a bit, talking to the store owner about him. He was so cute that I picked him up and took him home.“ Junhong tickled Jongup's chin, loving his little purr. He turned to Yongguk, “How did you get Himchan?”

Yongguk grinned, looking at Himchan huff and look away. “I had been thinking of getting one, so I decided to check out the Little Kitten store. I didn't know what kind of kitten I was looking for so I wandered around for a bit. Himchan was playing with another kitten when I found him. He looked at me and whined to be carried, he took to me right off the bat. But I by picking up the other kitten first. He started to sulk and when I went to go pick him up, he wouldn't let me. He was so happy when I told the owner I wanted him.”

Himchan pouted and crossed him arms, “Yongguk was mean to me. He picked up Kyungsoo first.” Yongguk gave Himchan a little napkin to clean his mouth, chuckling. “Yes yes. I'm a mean owner.”

Everyone laughed as Himchan cleaned his mouth of grease. They finished their pizza and moved the leftover pizza to the side, leaving one box open for the kittens. They started the game of bowling with Junhong, who picked up a green bowling ball. He rolled it, watching it go down the bowling lane and only hit 5 pins. Yongguk pointed and laughed at him, “I thought you were good at bowling?”

Junhong pouted, “I am, aren't I Jaebum?”

Jaebum coughed into his hand, “Really? I didn't know that.” Junhong sighed, “If only Youngjae was here, he'd agree with me but he's off playing with Daehyun.” 

Hakyeon smiled, “He took to Daehyun fast didn't he? Who wouldn't since Daehyun is adorable.”

Jimin turned to Hakyeon with wide eyes, Hakyeon quick to pat his head. “Don't worry baby, you're still my favorite.” Jimin smiled and turned back to his pepperoni, watching Yongguk throw his bowling ball. 

The game went on, with more gutter balls than strikes but everyone had fun anyways. The finished up the game with a score of 234 vs 134, with Hakyeon, Soohyun and Yongguk winning the game. As Soohyun did her winner dance, smirking at the loser team, Junhong poked her in the back and ran away. Soohyun rolled her eyes and kept dancing. Jaebum sat next to Hakyeon, tired from throwing his ball too hard. 

“Now what? Should we go find Youngjae?”

Yongguk chimed in, “He can come find us. I saw an air hockey table by the entrance to mini golf. Let's go play and this time, we should bet.”

Nana hummed, “Bet what? We don't have anything!”

Yongguk pursed his lips, “Then how about a punishment, like letting the girls put makeup on the loser and if the girls lose, they have to let us draw on their face?”

Soohyun suddenly smirked, “How about this: loser has to go find Youngjae and squeeze his while saying “I found the booty Arrgh! Just like a pirate?”

Everyone clapped at Soohyun's brillant idea. “Noona that is perfect. Youngjae is gonna hate us later though.” Soohyun waved her hand in dismissal, “He'll be fine. How about we play in teams of two. Me and Nana, Junhong and Jaebum and Hakyeon with Yongguk? The little ones can also play along. If their owner loses, they have to wear a dress. Is that cool?”

The kittens mewed in distaste. Himchan pouted and crossed his arms. “Why do we have to wear a dress if they lose? Can't we just watch?”

Soohyun smirked, “Sure you can watch...If you do aegyo for noona.” Himchan and Jongup paled while Jimin ran down the table to Soohyun. He stopped in front of her and wiggled his body, making cute grabby hands to her. “Soo noona is soooo pretty!! Jimin loves you!!” His cute little eyes made her laugh,

“Alright Jimin, you don't have to wear a dress. How about you Himchan? Jongup?”

Jongup bent his head in shyness before walking to Soohyun. He looked panicked for a moment before making a quick heart at her and launching it at her with a wink. He ran to Junhong and hid in his chest, mewing in embarassment. Soohyun's heart melted and turned to Himchan.

“That leaves you.”

Himchan bit his lip before making a determined face. He pursed his lips cutely and curled his fists next to his face. He moved his shoulders back and forth before speaking cutely, 

“Soohyun noona. Himchannie doesn't want to wear a dress.”

Soohyun knew she wasn't gonna get much else from Himchan, so she left him go. 

“Alright alright. You guys are too cute for your own good. Now let's go win Nana!”

Nana gave Soohyun a thumbs up and the girls left, with the boys just looking back at them. Jaebum looked at the other guys before sighing, “We're going to lose aren't we?”

They nodded and Jaebum sighed even deeper, “Then let's go accept our fate.”