Chapter 6: It's War

Don't Judge Sweet & Sour

        "Congrats on making it through your first day." Jungkook smiled as Maia was collecting her things.

        "I don't know about that." she sighed.

        Jungkook frowned."Did he do anything to you?"

        "I'm more worried about what he's GOING to do. We kind of declared an all out war." she scratched the back of her head.

        Jungkook tilted his head in confusion.

        "Well, I guess most people don't even last the first day so it's been successful." Maia stretched, trying to remain positive.

        "Where'd hyung go?" Jungkook looked around at the empty room.

        "Oh he went ahead after murmuring about how he can't stand being in the same room as a delinquent." she rolled her eyes.

        "How're you getting home?" he questioned.

        "Oh. Probably the bus." Maia grinned.

        "Carrying all of that?"

        They both glanced down at the bags of clothes the other stylists had passed down to her.

        "I'm sure I'll manage." she laughed nervously.

        Jungkook furrowed his brow, frustrated he couldn't help her.

        "Well, Manager Sejin is gathering everyone so I'll see you tomorrow Kookie." she chuckled as he blushed immediately at the sound of his shortened name.

        "Y-yeah. S-see you." he nodded curtly, avoiding her gaze as he heard her leave the room.

        "Oh! Bye bye Manager-nim!" he heard Taehyung bellow in the hallway.

        He smiled to himself as he walked out of the room shortly after the voices died down.

~

        "YOU'RE WHAT?" Sejeong yelled into her phone.

        "I may have ended up being hired as the devil's personal slave." Maia exhaled. "I don't know why he's your bias."

        "I can't believe it! How do you get hired after being late, putting on a show stopping performance, and talking back to the CEO?"

        "Oh believe me. They should've just hired an exorcist." Maia rolled her eyes as she collapsed on her bed. "Now I have to tailor his clothes and design them, but who knows if he's going to wear them. None of the staff members want to get close to me cause who knows when I'll be fired or if they'll be targeted along with me. It's only been one day, but it's felt like 20 years."

        "Well, it's only been one day. You can't possibly know that he's pure evil, Maia. What happened to seeing the good in everyone?" Se Jeong chewed on a piece of gum. "You're always going on and on about not judging people."

        "I'm not JUDGING. There's definite proof and a trail of broken hearted unemployed people behind him, cursing his name." Maia groaned.

        "Well you're a tough cookie Maia." Se Jeong grinned. "Speaking of which, EVERYONE was talking about how Jungkook totally defended you during auditions. He was so manly and princely and UGH. How did you get so lucky?"

        Maia chuckled. "Yeah, he's super sweet."

        "What? What is this?" Se Jeong perked up. "Did he do something else today? Mai, tell me. Dating potential or not?"

        "I'm not having this conversation with you." Maia shook her head. "This is my job. I'd rather not have any of your fantasies in the back of my mind."

        "Ah cause you'll have your own. I see you, Maia." Se Jeong smirked.

        "Stop that!" Maia scolded.

        Se Jeong giggled. "I'm just lightening the mood. How is it living in your mom's place?"

        "Mmm..." Maia looked around. "When I get a day off, I really need to decorate it better. It's a bit bland."

        "I'll come help when that happens. I won't have another audition until a few months from now anyway."

        "Sorry you didn't make it." Maia frowned.

        "No big deal. I wouldn't have been able to concentrate, knowing I would be in the same building as BTS anyway." her best friend shrugged. "Alright, dinner's calling me. Good luck tomorrow, nerd."

        "Thanks, ."

~

        Maia yawned as she got off the bus stop at a different broadcasting company this time. She flashed her badge and got ushered in.

        "Maia!" Jungkook greeted brightly then paused as his eyes traveled to the dark circles under her eyes. "Whoa. Didn't get much sleep?"

        "Nah." she yawned again. "I stayed up finishing up these stage outfits for Suga-ssi."

        "Wow." he breathed in awe as he stared at her handiwork. "That's amazing!"

        Maia grinned and waved his compliment away shyly.

        "Jungkook-ssi! You have to get your hair and make-up done!" one of the stylists called out.

        "Good luck today! Fighting!" he cheered and rushed away.

        Maia smiled and bowed at the people that passed her by.

        "Oh Manager Maia! Good to see you." Manager Sejin greeted her.

        "Manager Sejin." Maia bowed.

        He nodded and placed a hand on her shoulder comfortingly. She exhaled and walked into Min Suga's private dressing room. Unsurprisingly, a few of the coordis and stylists were there trying to appease him.

        "I have your stage outfit Suga-ssi." Maia handed it to him.

        Yoongi smirked and snatched it from her hand then left to change. Surprised, the other staff members murmured amongst themselves.

        "Oh no." he drawled out a few minutes later, without a hint of guilt. "Seems I can't wear it, it's soaked."

        He came out holding the clothes drenched as if he had dunked it in the toilet and walked out of the bathroom. Maia shuddered at the sheer possibility of it.

        "Seems like the bathroom knows when something's crappy." he chuckled.

        Maia clenched her teeth, careful not to show that she was extremely irritated that he had vandalized something she worked so hard to fix.

        "Well here. I brought you another stage outfit just in case anyway." she smiled and handed him another one. "Please put it on carefully or else I'm going to have to help you."

        Yoongi peered at her, obviously annoyed at having his wits matched. He stormed out of the room and came back changed into the second outfit. The coordis and stylists who had come at his bidding were now staying in awe and confusing at their exchange. Was THE Min Suga following orders for once?

        "Make-up?" she questioned, but was soon met with a glare.

        She shrugged and sat down, pulling out her hairdryer to start working on the unfortunately soaked outfit. Yoongi smirked as he started his make-up, keeping an eye on her from the mirror. It was silent for a few minutes, each focusing on their task, and slowly the room cleared so that they were left alone.

        Rrrrrriipppppp.

        Maia hurriedly looked up in time to see Yoongi tear part of his sleeve off with a grin.

        "Woops." he cackled.

        She exhaled and rubbed her temples.

        "Here's another shirt and if you rip it, I'm going to sew it back onto your skin." Maia threatened and highly considered it.

        Yoongi sneered and a few minutes later, ended up getting liquid make up on his shirt and eye shadow all over his pants.

        Maia gritted her teeth. Anger was bubbling inside her. She had lost sleep mending these in order to have them discarded and useless in a matter of seconds. He grinned at her through the mirror and she simply sighed and walked out the door. Satisfied, Yoongi spun in his chair with his legs crossed. A few minutes later, Maia burst through the door, causing him to flinch.

        "Here." she chucked a black trash bag at him.

        "What the hell is this?" Yoongi questioned.

        The door was left ajar so the boys were peeking in, curious as to what the commotion was about. Yoongi lifted up the trash bag to find that there were holes for his head, arms, and legs already.

        "Your costume. Since you're so clumsy, this is the best option." Maia crossed her arms. "Or would you rather go ?"

        "I can't friggin wear this!"

        "Well you've tainted all the other options."

        "You're so going to get fired for this."

        "I mean that's AFTER you'll be called 'Trash Can Yoongi' or 'Suga In a Bag', so I'll happily bathe in the consequences." Maia smirked.

        He grumbled and clenched his fists in annoyance.

        "Or you can actually put on your original outfit that dried already." she gestured with her head.

        Yoongi huffed and roughly grabbed the outfit, slamming the door open as left to get changed. The members scrambled up against the wall to avoid being seen, but Yoongi was too furious to notice and walked right passed them, much to their relief.

        "She's good." Taehyung whispered as the others nodded in agreement.  

~

        Everyday after was a new battle. Maia became smarter while Yoongi found new ways to be rude. Everyone could feel the tension surrounding them constantly and they would both get home worn out from being on their toes constantly. The members were both happy that someone was standing up to him but also terrified at the aftermath that they witnessed at home.

        "Yoongi." Jin frowned as his roommate stormed off once again to take a safe haven in his studio.

        "That girl needs to go. I'm going to make sure she never works anywhere ever again!" he yelled as he slammed the door.

        Jin sighed in defeat. He was afraid. How far exactly would they go in this warfare?

~

        "Don't touch me with your dirty hands." Yoongi glared at her for nth time this week.

        Maia sighed. She couldn't keep sitting idly by and allowing him to do his own make-up, but it wasn't like she could tie him down and put it on by force. She sat in silence and smiled as an idea finally came to her. Disturbed by the stillness in the room, Yoongi looked over at what Maia was doing to occupy herself this time. She was placing make up on her arm, completely focused.

        "What're you doing?" he questioned.

        "Make-up."

        "Yes, but that's your arm."

        "I'm making a bruise." she shrugged.

        "Why?"

        "I wonder what people will think if the only other person in the room right now is bruised all over." she smirked, giving him a glance. "'Breaking News: Min Yoongi beats women!'"

        "You wouldn't dare." he snarled.

        Maia chuckled and continued to make realistic bruises down her arm, not giving in. Yoongi felt unabashed anger bubble within him. Of all the mean things he had done, he had never falsified anything to get his way. Exaggerated, yes, but never something that wasn't at least part of the truth.

        "I have never done that!" he yelled.

        "And who would believe you?" Maia blinked at him. "With your crabby tendencies, people are going to believe it without a second look."

        Yoongi slid his hand across the counter, angrily knocking down all the cosmetics he had set up. Why wouldn't she just give up? He breathed and sat down on the chair, defeated.

        "Go ahead."

        "Excuse me?" Maia glanced up.

        "Do my make up." he stated dryly, clearly exhausted. "But I'm going to keep a close eye on you. If you're terrible, you're out of here."

        Maia chuckled and began picking up her things. She knew that it was a give and take with him, so she didn't press him to pick up his own mess. That would be pushing his good graces right now. She finally grabbed her brushes and set up her station, ignoring the watchful eyes of Min Yoongi.

        "Alright, let's get started then." she mumbled and began his face with her make-up sponge to blend his foundation.

        Yoongi glared at her as she did so, but he felt his eyes get heavier with each gentle placement of make-up. He fought hard not to fall asleep but when he had to close his eyes for eye shadow, he couldn't resist any longer. His head hung limply in slumber after a few minutes.

        "So much for keeping a close eye on me." Maia giggled. "But this makes my job easier."

~

        Yoongi woke up with a start and looked around the room frantically. He was alone. He stared at himself in the mirror and was surprised that his make-up was done excellently. Feeling his face, he realized it wasn't heavy. It didn't feel like anything was on it. He didn't want to admit that he was impressed or that she was a pretty good make-up artist if she was able to put him to sleep. Pouting, he climbed onto the couch and curled up, praying that the make-up would come off so he could have something to retaliate with.

~

        Maia sat in the main room awkwardly. The stylists and coordis were all whispering about something and clearly leaving her out of it, so she just concentrated on watching the performances on TV. She had spent so much time fighting with Yoongi in his room that she hadn't spent any time getting to know anyone else. But she also knew everyone was still cautious around her.

        Jungkook watched through the mirror at the visibly crestfallen and tired Maia sitting with the other staff members. He frowned at the clear divide between them. Tapping his fingers impatiently, his stylist finally released him and he shyly approached her.

        "H-hey." he greeted nervously.

        Maia turned her concentration from the screen and grinned, "Hey."

        "Come with me." he grabbed her wrist boldly as the other staff members were gawking at their interaction.

        "Oh?" Maia felt herself being dragged forward, towards the divider set up in the center of the room where the boys were.

        "Kook-ah! You're finally finished!" Namjoon yelled excitedly.

        "Manager-nim!" Jimin cheered and greeted. "We haven't seen you in awhile!"

        "Congrats on making it a week already! You've set the record." Namjoon snorted as Jin nudged him.

        "Thanks I guess." Maia laughed, rubbing the back of her neck.

        "Come sit, come sit." Tae pulled her next to him on the couches. "Jiminnie and Hobi-hyung were just dancing girl group dances."

        "Now we have the complete trio!" J-hope dragged Jungkook into the triangle.

        "Ah..." Jungkook was trying to refuse, not wanting Maia to see him. But she was laughing and clapping for them encouragingly. He smiled, remembering all the times he had observed her going home exhausted and drained. If he could make her laugh a bit more, it'd be great. That thought flickered through his mind and gave him the push to just play around like he usually did. He contorted his face and swayed his hips seriously, and was rewarded with hearing her laughter, which made him want to become sillier and goofier.

        "Manager Maia. Manager Maia." Taehyung mumbled.

        "Hm?" Maia turned.

        "Do you have a nickname?" he questioned.

        "Ummm my family and best friends call me just Mai at times?" she pondered. "But that's really it."

        "Can I call you Manager Mai then?" he grinned then his eyes widened. "No! M&M! I'm going to call you M&M!"

        "What're you talking about?" Jin asked, amused.

        "Manager Maia is too long so I'm going to call her M&M instead." Taehyung looked extremely proud of himself. "And then when we're not on camera, I'll call her... hmmm..."

        "I think Mai-mai sounds cute." Jimin chimed in.

        "Mai-mai!!" Taehyung clapped excitedly.

        Maia blushed at the adorable nickname.

        "Do you like it?" Jimin grinned, waiting for her approval.

        "It's cute." Maia chuckled happily, nodding in agreement.

        "Alright then Mai-mai." Jungkook smiled and gestured at the spot next to him. "Let's see what you got."

        "Is that a challenge?" Maia questioned, finally feeling relaxed for the first time this week.

        "Come on Big Bang CD girl." he taunted.

        "Bring it on Big Bang enthusiast." Maia stood up and rolled up her sleeves as the others "oooedd" at their playful challenge.

        "Turn up!" Taehyung cheered as Hobi pressed play on a Big Bang medley he had found.

        Laughing, Jungkook and Maia began dancing the choreography but was soon joined by the others doing random crazy moves. They glanced at each other and shrugged, finally giving up on doing the actual dance and just having fun with everyone else.

        Finally, she felt like she was being accepted.

~

        "I have to go grab my phone. I'll be right back." Maia stated after spending about an hour hanging out with them.

        "Okay, hurry back!" Taehyung grinned.

        Maia hurried to the other room.

~

        Yoongi groaned and sat up. Immediately, he examined the chair and found no remnants of his make-up smudged on it. He then rushed to the mirror and everything was still neatly placed. Pulling at his hair, he exhaled in frustration. Suddenly, the door quietly opened and Maia waltzed in, avoiding eye contact with him. He was furious that he had nothing to complain about and felt like she was taunting him from afar.

        "Yah." he called out, getting her attention.

        "What?" she replied curtly as she put her phone into her pocket.

        "Get me water." he demanded.

        "Your purified water jug is right next to you."

        "I can't waste energy. I need that for stage."

        Maia rolled her eyes and poured him a cup, trying to leave the negative atmosphere as soon as she could. He took a sip and gagged.

        "What the hell is this?" he groaned.

        "Um water?" Maia raised an eyebrow.

        "It's garbage." he scoffed and flung the contents at her face.

        Maia gasped as she found herself drenched with ice cold water.

        "Oh look it found the trash can." he smirked and threw the cup at her feet arrogantly.

        She would have taken the entire jug and dumped it on his head-- had he not been about to perform soon. Without saying a word, she walked out of the room annoyed. Jungkook stepped out of his room to see what was taking so long and found themselves face to face. His mouth dropped.

        "What happened?"

        "Found himself a trash can for his water." Maia tried to joke, but clearly was fuming.

        "Hold on." Jungkook rushed back into the room and grabbed a towel with a hairdryer. The others glanced at each other, wondering what the maknae was doing.

        "Check your phones in a bit." he whispered before he stepped out again.

         "Follow me." he gestured to Maia as they found an empty waiting room.

        Maia sat down and felt gross as the water seeped into her shirt more. After texting his hyungs, Jungkook threw a towel over her head and started gently patting her face dry.

        "Sorry about that." he mumbled.

        "What do you have to be sorry about?"

        "I feel like I got you into this mess." Jungkook frowned.

        "How did you come up with that conclusion, silly?" she laughed.

        Jungkook sadly smiled and continued gently drying her hair with a towel. "But you're doing a great job though. We're all super happy you're trying so hard to help him instead of quitting."

        "It's for a selfish purpose so I don't know if I should be thanked."

        Jungkook hummed as he finished drying her hair as much as he could, giving it a last good ruffle before leaving it alone.

        "Thanks for the dryer." Maia looked at him gratefully, causing him to blush.

        "Uh no problem." he looked up to avoid looking at her wet shirt. "I'm going to uhh head out now. To perform..."

        "Yeah." Maia laughed. "Break a leg."

        Jungkook nodded and scurried out of the room. He exhaled, not realizing he had been holding his breath. He smiled to himself as he heard the dryer turn on inside the room.  

~

        Yoongi stepped into his room after the performance, out of breath. He found Maia collecting her things.

        "Yah. Get me water." he breathed, exhausted from the performance.

        Maia wordlessly poured him a cup and handed it to him, but before he could grabbed it, she slapped his face with the water.

        "Woops. My hand slipped." she muttered unapologetically.

        Yoongi grabbed her shirt angrily and slammed her against the wall. The other members heard the thud as they walked by and hurried in to see what was happening. Jin gasped as Namjoon hurriedly locked the door to prevent others from witnessing this.

        "Yoongi!" Jin scolded.

        Jungkook took note that this time, his hyung was drenched and Maia was holding onto the cup. Taehyung, Jimin, and J-hope glanced at each other worriedly.  

        "You won't get away with this." he glared.

        "What're you going to do?" Maia scoffed.

        From the corner of his eye, Yoongi spotted an open bottle of juice in Taehyung's hand. In a split second, he grabbed it from him roughly then proceeded to pour the contents all over her. He cackled as the others gasped. He threw the bottle at her lightly with a victorious smirk.

        Maia's mouth was agape, in shock as she was covered in thick and sticky, fruity liquid. Yoongi chuckled then turned around to grab a towel to dry himself off.

        "Min Yoongi." Maia growled, recovering from the shock quickly.

        "What?" He turned around smugly.

        Maia hooked her right arm across his jaw and the world became dark.

        "Oh man...holy ." Jungkook breathed as Yoongi's body slammed onto the ground, unconscious. 

 


Author's Note: I was supposed to update yesterday but I fell asleep on my laptop >< but hope you all enjoyed the update! Sorry it was a little late! Anybody else call their best friends mean names because you love each other so much? hahaha