Chapter 5: The First Meeting

Don't Judge Sweet & Sour

         Maia exhaled as she stepped out of her apartment. Luckily, she knew her dad's schedule kept him away from the house frequently so she was able to gather all the stuff she needed to move in without seeing him. She had always been home alone for the most part anyway. This time, she just had to make meals for one.

         Today was her first day working for Big Hit. She put on her best clothes and mentally prepared herself for everything that could go wrong and knowing Yoongi's reputation, everything that will go wrong. She knew she wasn't ready to experience it firsthand, but she knew she had no choice but to stand her ground.
 

(Flashback)

         "You've got a good head on your shoulders, Lee Maia." CEO smiled as she signed the finalized contract. "I hope you'll take care of Min Yoongi. He's always been like a son to me."

         "Then shouldn't you be able to handle him during his rebellious years?" Maia questioned.

         The CEO burst into laughter. "I suppose so, but I have many things to handle so I'll leave that in your hands."

         "Very well." Maia grinned as she slid the paper over to him.

         "You'll start first thing tomorrow. Best to just jump right in and meet him, right? Manager Sejin will show you around today and give you a copy of the schedule." the CEO gestured to BTS's manager who was standing in the corner listening."Good luck, Miss Lee."

         "Thank you CEO." Maia bowed respectfully.

         "Come this way Manager Maia." he smiled warmly. "I'll show you around."

(End of Flashback)

         "I wanted to be an idol and I'm back to doing exactly what I was doing...but at least I get the full pay now." she argued with herself as she sat on the bus.

         She got off sluggishly at the proper stop then smacked her cheeks lightly, painting a bright smile on her face. She had to make a good first impression on everyone. Relieved, she found Manager Sejin waiting for her at the entrance of the building.

         "Your badge is in." he smiled and placed the lanyard around her neck. "You're official."

         "Wow, they really put in all of my jobs." Maia glanced down at her picture and her name with "Manager, Coordi, Stylist" written beneath.

         "Each one gives you access to different things, as I'm sure you know. Don't abuse it." he teased.

         "Darn, and here I was hoping to snatch a few extra bottles of hairspray." she went along with it.

         He chuckled. "Ready to meet the boys?"

         "I guess I have to at some point." she sighed.

         "Don't worry. We'll start with the ones who actually want to see you." he patted her back. "Let's head to their dressing room. They're just practicing in there for now."

         Maia nodded and followed him timidly, wondering what she should say and how she should act. However, all of those thoughts flew away as an unidentified person flung themselves onto her. Her eyes widened and her body stiffened as she was suddenly embraced.

         "Tae Tae! You can't just hug her like that!" she heard the familiar voice of Seokjin echo around the room.

         She turned red from the surprise contact. The person's chest was blocking her vision. He stepped back, and she felt the fresh air hit her face. Her eyes widened as she was met with a handsome boy wearing an infectious box-grin.

         "I'm Taehyung. You can call me Tae-Tae." he cheerfully introduced himself.

         Maia still felt warm from his strange welcome but she bowed timidly.

         "I know who you are. I'm a fan already." he leaned in and whispered.

         Maia's eyes widened and took a good look at him still grinning.

         "Don't scare her Tae-Tae." Kim Namjoon stepped forward and smiled, revealing two dimples. "Namjoon or Rapmonster. I'm BTS' leader. Please take care of us."

         "Maia." she smiled and bowed.

         "I'm J-Hope, Hoseok, or Hobi, whichever you feel like calling me." J-hope smiled brightly and outstretched his hand.

         Maia shook it gratefully, feeling her nerves calming down as she met the members.

         "I'm Jimin ~" Someone of similar height as Maia stepped forward wearing tank top and casually reached out to her.

         Maia shook his hand and he covered hers with his other hand, smiling widely. "Nice to meet you, noona!"

         She blushed even more at his gesture and could only bow.

         "Seriously, you guys are scaring her." Jin stepped in and huffed  "You remember me, right?"

         "Of course, Jin- oppa." Maia grinned.

         "Ouuuu~" the guys all chanted together.

         "Why? Why?" Jin looked at them.

         "She called you oppa!" Taehyung giggled.

         "Why? I am her oppa!" Jin laughed.

         "Look at him. He loves it." Namjoon teased as Jin's cheeks turned pink.

         Maia giggled as everyone patted Seokjin's back teasingly. Suddenly the door opened again, and Jungkook appeared, breathing heavily. Every paused and glanced over at him.

         "H-h-hi." he breathed out.

         "He took so long getting ready, we left him." Taehyung chuckled, explaining why Jungkook was out of breath.

         "It was ALL Tae's idea." Jimin confessed. "We didn't want to leave you."

         Jungkook glared at them then his eyes found Maia who was staring at him worriedly. He cleared his throat and straightened himself up.

         "H-hey Maia-noona." he lowered his tone of voice in attempt to sound cooler.

         "Hi." Maia chuckled, amused at his change in attitude.

         "I guess you met everyone already. I hope they didn't scare you." He stated.

         "We're right here Kookie." Jin crossed his arms.

         Maia giggled, earning everyone's attention. "That's a cute nickname -- Kookie."

         Jungkook felt his cheeks warm at the sound of it, coming from someone other than his band members. Taehyung and Jimin eyed each other and began elbowing the other seductively.

         "I mean you can call me Jungkook or whatever. Kookie. It doesn't matter." he tried to remain nonchalantly.

         "I'll think about it then." Maia smiled.

         "I think it's time to meet ...you know who..." Manager Sejin reported. "Sorry to end this so abruptly."

         The others immediately frowned, knowing that she could possibly be fired at the end of the day.

         "You want us to come with you noona?" Taehyung held onto her hand.

         Maia smiled at his apparent concern, but she knew she needed to dive into this head on.

         "I already disturbed your practice time so don't worry. I'll be back! It was nice meeting you all!" Maia bowed deeply as she was led out of the room.

         Once she left, the six members glanced at each other.

         "I liked her." Taehyung stated.

         "Me too." Jimin frowned. "She was beautiful."

         "I think she'll be just fine." Jin encouraged them.

         Jungkook stared at the door she had just left from worriedly.

         "She'll be fine right?" he thought to himself.

~

         Yoongi was sitting in his private dressing room, scrolling through his phone when he heard a knock on his door.

         "What?" he groaned.

         "It's Sejin. Your new manager, coordi, and stylist is here."

         "Hm." Yoongi continued to stare at his phone.

         The door opened and they shuffled in. Maia's heart was beating rapidly out of nervousness. She mentally scolded herself for being intimidated by this man.

         "This is Lee Maia. She'll be taking care of you from now on." Manager Sejin introduced and glanced at her.

         Maia bowed, "I'm Lee Maia. It's a pleasure to be working with you. Please take care of me."

         "Uhuh." he replied without glancing up. Her voice sounded younger than he expected, but it didn't matter, he'd get rid of her before the end of the day anyway.

         "Well then... I'll be back later to do your make up and get you ready." Maia commented, bowing again.

         "Don't bother." Yoongi curtly stated.

         Maia clenched her fist, trying to not get riled up. She giggled to hide her distaste at his rudeness. He hadn't even looked up to greet her at her sincere introduction. He was truly the worst.

         "I'll be back." she reiterated confidently, as if she imagined his last statement was a joke.

         This behavior took his gaze away from his phone and had him take a good look at her finally. She felt herself shrink at his piercing gaze. But she didn't falter, knowing she couldn't show him any signs of fear from the beginning. Yoongi's eyes fell on hers; they stared back at him with a subtle determination. Then he realized it. He smirked and put his phone down, spinning to fully face the two.

         "Manager Sejin, can you leave us alone?" he requested.

         "What?" Sejin questioned.

         "Leave." he waved his hand.

         "Uhh..." he glanced over at Maia.

         Maia nodded. She was nervous but she knew she would have to be alone with him eventually. Manager Sejin bowed and hesitantly walked out the door.

         "Did they hire you to mock me?" Yoongi stated.

         "What?" Maia blinked, confused by his question.

         "You." he glared at her. "You're the one that slapped my face a few weeks ago."

         Maia felt her face heat up. She was sure he wouldn't recognize her.

         "And here you are, acting all nice and innocent." he scoffed. "Did they hire you for a prank? To mock me? Did they hire you to smack me back then to make me into a fool?"

         "What? No! They don't even know that was --" she paused, realizing she had admitted to it.

         "So it was you." he stood up. "Then why are you here? Are you an anti-fan? Are you here to make my life miserable?"

         "N-no, I'm not here to do that. I simply came to do my job."

         "But why here? Why me?" he circled around her. "The person you clearly were disgusted with enough to slap. You couldn't have come here with pure intentions after that."

         Maia felt herself warm at his proximity. His questions had truth to them that she couldn't answer. He wasn't wrong, just inappropriately blunt.

         "I don't trust you, Lee Maia. If that's even your name." He stared at her dangerously. "I admire your boldness showing up in front of me again so I'll save you the shame of being fired by me. Go quit by the end of the day."

         Maia gritted her teeth then relaxed and smiled at him confidently. "I'm sorry to say that I made sure my contract stated that no one but the CEO and myself can terminate it for justifiable reasons."

         Yoongi was a bit taken aback then chuckled, walking back to his seat. "Well I guess they all say that at first, but I'm sure I can change your mind by the end of the day."

         "Then, I'll be back later to help you get ready." Maia took this as her cue to leave while she still had the upper hand.

         Yoongi laughed sarcastically, "Please do."

         Maia turned away from him and glared, irritated and frustrated at his very presence, then headed out the door. Manager Sejin, Jungkook, and Taehyung were in the hallway waiting impatiently.

         "What happened?" Jungkook rushed to her. "Are you okay?"

         Maia laughed, "Yeah I'm fine. Does he usually actually bite?"

         "Well, he never asks to be left alone with people we just hired." Manager Sejin commented. "I got worried he recognized you."

         "Wait." Maia paused and looked up at Sejin. "You knew?"

         The manager laughed, "Not at first but then when you were fighting against the CEO, I could recognize that determined look anywhere. Then Jungkook's actions earlier, confirmed it for me."

         Jungkook blushed. "And I told Tae because he was also a big fan of Big Bang and knew you from before too."

         Taehyun grinned and put up a peace sign. "It's like we grew up together!"

         Maia chuckled, amused then exhaled, remembering her encounter. "He did recognize me though. I think I'm going to have an even harder time it seems."

         "Just be careful." Manager Sejin frowned.

         "Don't worry. I'm going to stay here no matter what it takes." Maia clenched her fist determinedly.

         Jungkook and Taehyung glanced at each other and chuckled.

         "We hope you do Noona." Tae stated.

         "Well let's monitor the kids' practice and I'll introduce you to the other staff members." Sejin gestured for Maia to follow him.

         "Sounds perfect." she grinned and joined the three of them as they headed back to the main dressing room.

~

         Yoongi laughed loudly as Maia walked into the room with her head held high.

         "You really did come back, huh?"

         "It is my job to get you ready for the performance after all." Maia said sweetly.

         "Well, your 'job' is going to be to just sit there and do nothing. I'll do everything myself like I have been." he instructed.

         She figured as much when she walked in; she was curious as to how well he could do it himself anyway so she didn't mind. Complacently, she shrugged and sat at the location on the couch he pointed to. Her unexpected obedience made him momentarily curious, very momentarily. He didn't dwell on his curiosity and turned to face the mirror. He glanced around trying to locate her make-up.

         "Would you like me to get my make-up bag for you?" she tried to sound innocent in her request to hide her mockery.

         "No thank you." he spotted it across the room and hurriedly snatched it.

         He unpacked and set all the items on the table, opening and closing them to figure out what they were. Maia smiled slightly. If she didn't know how rude he actually was, she would've found his confused expressions cute.

         "Alright, let's do this." he breathed as he took out a brush to start applying his foundation.

         Maia observed him intently. His hands began to shake slightly when he attempted to brush shadow skillfully on his eye. She smiled, amused at his difficulty.

         "Why are you not doing anything?" he grumbled at her angrily.

         "But Yoongi-ss," Maia blinked her eyes, feigning utmost obedience. "you told me not to do anything, so I'm just following what you said."

         He groaned, knowing he hadn't chosen his words carefully. "I can't do this properly when you're breathing down my neck - get out!"

         Maia noted the large distance between him and the couch where she was on, but stood up to leave anyway.

         "As you wish." she stated.

         "Good riddance." he muttered.

         Maia was ticked off but tried to close the door quietly, so it didn't look like she was bothered by his statements. She was parched from her lack of discussion. It was definitely different here than it was with Big Bang. But that had been her home for many years, so she shook her head, scolding herself for comparing them. She walked to the vending machine, quite familiar with the building they were in already. Carefully, she counted her coins and pushed them in. However, once she pressed her drink of choice the machine got stuck.

         "No, no, no." she moaned then began smacking and shaking the machine multiple times in hopes of her drink coming out. "Aish! F*** this."

         She banged her arm strongly with all her might and her drink finally surrendered, falling with a loud thud.

         "You know..." a familiar voice drawled behind her, causing her to freeze. "I like my cursing manager much better than the fake girly, giggly one back there."

         Yoongi swiped the drink from her hand, opened it and gulped down a good quarter of it.

         Maia huffed, "Yah."

         "Yes?" he smirked as he wiggled the bottle in front of her. "You want to share a drink?"

         Maia spoke through gritted teeth, "Drink it well."

         Yoongi stepped closer, closing the distance between them. Maia instinctively stepped back so he wasn't so close. "I don't know what your aim is and what you're doing here. And frankly, I don't care. I just need you out of the picture. So Lee Maia, let's see how long you'll last. You hold on to your petty determination and pride if you must. But I'm going to do everything in my power to make this a living hell so you'll quit on your own like the rest of them."

         Maia furrowed her brow and took a step forward. This time, Yoongi moved back a bit, alarmed at her forwardness. "Let's see how long you'll delude yourself into thinking you can outsmart me. I'm not afraid of you."

         "We'll see about that."

         He smiled at her with blatantly sarcasm as he turned to leave. Maia returned a similar smile then immediately spun around, side kicking the vending machine to both let out her frustration and to force another drink out. The impact made a loud enough sound that Yoongi flinched and turned, thinking something had fallen from sky. However, his eyes widened when he realized what he had just witnessed. Three bottles dropped out of the machine with the strength of her kick's impact.

         She smirked at him, enjoying the look of genuine shock on his face.

          "Game on, Min Yoongi." 


A/N:   The WAR with Yoongi has begun dundundun ~ how adorable are the boys ^^ haha and kudos to awesome Manager Sejin :D If you had to just choose one - would you be BTS's manager, stylist, or coordi?