Awkward

Flowers and Ink

What was Yoongi going to wear? Of all the things he was worried about, his outfit had to be the one. He wants to impress Seokjin when he comes by, but he doesn't want to seem like he was trying too hard or anything. Not that he tries especially hard to look good other times, but Yoongi's never had anything like this happen in his other relationships before so he's never had to worry about this before. Maybe it's just because he's so much more invested with Seokjin than he was with the others that it's making him freak out about it even more than he should be. The most he can do is hope for the best and not make it obvious that Seokjin made him die a little on the inside when he left him. As long as his nerves don't get the best of him, then today's going to go well. All he can do is hope it goes well.

...

Yoongi... He may have procrastinated choosing an outfit until the last minutes before Seokjin was supposed to come over. A dumb strategy for making it look like he wasn't trying, he knows this, but it was fool-proof. That fool being him, of course. Just a simple striped long sleeved shirt and one of the few jeans he owns that's not all ripped up. Y'know, to leave his tattoos to Seokjin's imagination (not because he hasn't done laundry). Isn't that the first step to seduction?

Yoongi answered the door almost as quickly as it was knocked. "Hi!" Yoongi said right before the words were taken right out of his mouth. He couldn't help the blush that came with how attractive Seokjin looked. His maroon sweater was tight around his body and covered in holes that revealed skin in just enough places to make Yoongi go crazy with his attempt to picture him without it on, and his jeans looked to be the ones he was wearing the first time they met. He had eyeliner smudged around his eyes and a light gloss on his lips that made Yoongi have to stare more than he felt he should have. Seokjin was wearing makeup? But why? Did he have plans later, or was this to impress Yoongi? He stuttered, trying to get his bearings from the shock of how nice he looked. "Hi. Um, you look nice today, Seokjin."

Seokjin smiled at him as if nothing happened between them and shrugged. "Mm, thank you." He said before looking Yoongi in the eyes. "Jimin said that you might like this outfit, so I thought I'd wear it." They looked away from each other awkwardly. It's true, Yoongi does like it. Probably too much for him to not be flustered the whole time he's here, but he does like it. "I, ah, I got us some ice cream too. It's been getting hot lately, so I thought we could share."

"Okay." Yoongi nodded and moved out of the way of the door to let him in. Seokjin walked in past him, looking around while Yoongi checked him out. Seokjin turned around too quickly, so he must have seen Yoongi staring at his . ! Why do you do this to yourself, Yoongi? Out of all the times to be a ert, it had to be a time that he was going to catch you.

Seokjin walked back up to him once he closed the door and his fingers touched his chest on the side the dragon tattoo was on and Seokjin smiled. "Wow, I didn't realize it could be seen through white shirts." He giggled and his fingers went over the tattoo again. Yoongi felt himself flush with embarrassment and looked away. Seokjin must have noticed that it made him embarrassed and pulled away with an awkward smile. "Ah, I'm sorry. Should have asked first, huh?"

"It's- Don't worry about it." Yoongi tried his best to smile like it was normal even though the touch made him flustered. "You can touch whatever you want, okay?" Wait, what did you just say? You're just going to give him permission like that? He hasn't even been inside your apartment for an entire minute! Min Yoongi, do you have lust clouding your mind or what?

"Oh, um. Okay." Seokjin sounded like his words embarrassed him just as much as they embarrassed Yoongi. He turned around a complete 180 degrees and headed toward his kitchen. "Well, let's get to that ice cream before it melts." Yoongi followed meekly, embarrassed by his actions. He leaned on the counter next to Seokjin and watched him. His lips had went from a gentle smile to a sudden pout as he pulled the little pints of ice cream out of the bag. Seokjin didn't say anything, and instead started going through his cabinets and drawers. "Aish, do you not have any bowls for this stuff?" Seokjin turned around suddenly, nearly slamming one of the cabinets as he did.

"Maybe in the dishwasher?" Yoongi said, getting a sigh out of Seokjin. It was really at this point that Yoongi felt bad for him. He felt bad since he really didn't know if he had any bowls anymore. Yoongi doesn't cook at home at all, and only has just enough bowls and stuff for a single man living on his own. Yoongi is more of the type to live off of takeout so he doesn't have much of anything else. Seokjin looked through the dishwasher and sighed even louder and more dramatically when there was nothing inside of it.

"You are insufferable, Min Yoongi!" He turned around, holding two spoons and sighed. He didn't look angry at all, and his face fell into a smile when their eyes met. "I guess we have to eat out of the things, don't we?"

"Less dishes I have to clean." Yoongi joked, getting a sidelong glare from Seokjin.

"If any." He said sarcastically while walking past him, rolling his eyes. They sat on either side of the dining table and Seokjin held both pints close to himself. "Any preferance? If you don't reply in 5 seconds I will eat both indiscriminately." Yoongi raised an eyebrow at him, trying to seem cool while trying not to think of Seokjin covered in ice cream and getting to it off himself. What is it about Seokjin today that makes him want to do that sort of stuff? He would have never thought of these things before... "I will. I'll eat anything. Don't push me."

"I'm almost interested in seeing you do that." Yoongi teased before grabbing the vanilla pint from Seokjin. Not that he really likes sweet things like this, but if he has to, he would rather have a flavor that's not quite as sweet as the strawberry flavored ice cream Seokjin also brought. After that comment, they started having their ice cream. They made small talk for a while, and it was obvious that Seokjin was trying to stall for as long as possible to avoid talking about what happened between them. Their little, forgetable conversation did give Yoongi some insight to Seokjin more than before. Seokjin loves food almost as much as he loves his life currently, and even made a joke thanking his mother for giving birth to him so he could eat food. The thing that stuck out the most was that Seokjin absolutely loves strawberries and most strawberry flavored things. Yoongi made a mental note of that just in case they ever get closer.

However, all good things must come to an end. Seokjin luckily was the one to bring it up, so Yoongi could listen to his side when it could be directed at him and only him. "So... You know that I'm not here just to spend time with you, right? Did Jimin and them tell you?" Yoongi nodded and Seokjin sighed and pushed his hair away from his face to no avail. "What did they tell you?"

"Not much." He lied, and Seokjin seemed to believe it. Seokjin still had no idea that he listened in to their conversation. He didn't have the heart to tell him the truth. If Seokjin knew, this would be a much different conversation. He laughed awkwardly and shrugged. "They told me that you were going to come over today and that I should look nice."

Seokjin's eyes went up and down his body from their seated postions and smiled a little. "Mm, you do look nice today." Seokjin said before smiling widely for the first time since he came in. "It's like you're trying to impress me or something."

"Only if it's working." Yoongi said as if it was normal to say, and tried to control himself when Seokjin's cheeks turned a light shade of pink.

"It's your lucky day then." Seokjin said before pushing his ice cream to the side so he could lean on the table. He looked cute when he was trying to be serious. Yoongi wondered just how much of this he could take before he would try to kiss Seokjin again because he knows his resolve is crumbling. "But... Min Yoongi." He paused and their eyes met. Seokjin's eyes looked as serious as they did when Seokjin was telling him about his shop when they first met. "I want to apologize for the other night."

"For what exactly?" Yoongi asked, hoping that Seokjin would admit what he was going to do to him like he did to Jimin, Hoseok, and Namjoon.

"I pushed way too far and if I didn't stop myself I was going to something both of us would regret." Seokjin's being subtle about it, which does make Yoongi a little sad. He's only a couple months younger than Seokjin! He wouldn't get offended or freaked out if Seokjin said he was going to bang him or something. "But when I called Jimin that night I realized something." He paused while trying to find the right words. "Do you like men?"

Yoongi's breath hitched. He wasn't expecting this one, he thought it would have been something different...

"I mean, I understand if you don't!" Seokjin said suddenly, laughing awkwardly like he made a mistake and is trying to back up to cover up asking this at all. "Who would like men in this country? It's like asking to-"

"I do... But I guess you could say I don't..." Yoongi saw Seokjin's entire face flush, but he didn't know if it was a good thing or not. "I only like one man."

"Oh. Okay." He said, visibly flustered. "Well, I guess I shouldn't get in your way with him-"

"Hyung. Stop." Seokjin looked shocked that Yoongi stopped him. "I like you. I was trying to be subtle."

Seokjin was silent for a couple seconds, and his face flushed again. "Oh." He brought his hands up to cover his cheeks. "That's why you kissed back..."

"Who wouldn't?" Yoongi said with a small smile, hoping that it wouldn't be taken wrong. Their eyes met and Seokjin smiled back, and it made him feel better. "But what did you realize talking to Jimin?"

"I... It's kind awkward to say it out loud." Even the tips of Seokjin's ears were turning the same pink color of his strawberry ice cream. "You probably would think it's dumb or something."

"It really depends." Yoongi leaned on the table and looked at his flustered hyung with a smile. "I'm sure I've heard worse, you know who my friends are."

Seokjin giggled and covered his face. "You have a point." He stood up suddenly and leaned over the table so their faces wouldn't be so far apart. "I guess it wouldn't hurt." He paused and their eyes met, making Yoongi feel flustered since the last time they were this close it ended so quickly. "I left you because I was scared of what you would think..."

"Think about what?" Yoongi didn't realize he was holding his breath.

"What you would think if I liked you like that..." Seokjin's hand came up to his cheek and pulled him even closer so their lips were barely apart.

"How is this for an answer?" Yoongi as he kissed Seokjin as his answer.

 

(A/N: OKAY!!! This is a short chapter but it's finally here! Lemme explain to you that this has not been abandoned! 1) I had to leave the place where I was getting the wifi easy peasy so I couldn't work for a while! 2) I got a new computer! And that entire situation was a 3 week ordeal! 3) Lastly I couldn't work on this site without adblock and I didn't get the update so I could use it until a couple days ago! Also school has been hard, but I will definitely try to be a better writer in the future. I'm sorry for such a long break and I feel really bad for it. Please look forward to future updates and I love all of you!)

(A/N: Ps. I have another story in the works and will start posting here when this one is finally finished. It's gonna be JiHope, so look forward to that too~)