Grand Opening & Family

Flowers and Ink

A week passed and Yoongi had seen things about Seokjin's new flower shop having it's grand opening all around town and in the newspapers. He surely got more than enough hype for it to be a big grand opening. Yoongi couldn't hide his proud feelings about it, even when Namjoon and Hoseok asked about it a couple days ago. He surprised them with how positive he was about it, rather than being angry that it was a flower store right next to his tattoo parlor. It opened a couple hours before Yoongi's tattoo parlor was going to open, so he might as well stop by just to see how it looks inside.

Yoongi stepped inside to be hit with the wonderful smell of flowers and dirt. It was much different than the sterile enviroment he's used to in his parlor. There were different types of plants all over the shop ranging from small flowers to unnecessarily large indoor palm trees. Needless to say, he kind of liked it. The entire store was filled with people, but nothing more than Seokjin could handle on his own. He didn't think he would be noticed in the crowd, but all of a sudden Seokjin's beautifully melodic voice rang through the shop and he was suddenly engulfed in a tight hug. "Ah, I can't believe you made it! I didn't think you would since you have to open up later!"

Yoongi hugged back since he didn't know what to do in the crowded shop. "I told you I was going to make it, didn't I?" He let go first this time and looked up at Seokjin with a gummy smile. He's never seen someone so calmly excited for a grand opening like this, not even Hoseok could help from running around Yoongi's parlor when it first opened. "You have so many customers!" Yoongi motioned to the people around the shop and Seokjin nodded proudly.

"I know! It's great!" Seokjin grabbed his hands and shook them happily. He jumped a little up and down and Yoongi couldn't hide his smile, thinking that Seokjin was adorable. He then realized what went through his mind, but didn't want to rain on Seokjin's parade. "I never thought this would ever happen!"

"Well, it's happening right now for real, so you should get back to your customers, hyung." Yoongi said, trying to push him back towards where his main counter is, but not managing to budge him. Instead, Seokjin got distracted by another person while being close to Yoongi and hugged the person who looked oddly similar to him and smiled at him lovingly. Yoongi was more than a little confused, but intruiged.

"Oh my god, Seungjin, you made it!" Seokjin said while hugging the similar looking guy tightly.

"I'd never miss my little brother's grand opening of his store." He said before looking down at Yoongi and smiling for some unknown reason that made his insides twist and made him blush. "Oh, is this the tattoo artist guy?"

"Yeah," Seokjin casually wrapped an arm around Yoongi's shoulders and smiled down at him despite Yoongi's face heating up from embarrassment, "Yoongi, this is my older brother, Kim Seungjin. Hyung, this is Min Yoongi, my tattoo artist friend who runs that parlor next door."

They shook hands and suddenly Seokjin was called to the register because he finally was needed there, leaving Seungjin and Yoongi there. Seungjin broke their awkward silence, "It's nice to finally meet you, Seokjin talks about you a lot."

Yoongi knows he blushed and looked down, unable to look Seokjin's brother in the eye after what he said. "He does?" He asked getting a nod from the slightly taller Seungjin.

"Yeah, he thinks that you're really talented at tattooing people and that you're very handsome. Y'know I think he likes you." Seungjin said with a snicker. How could he say something like that and be so unaffected? Yoongi was sure he was heating up from embarrassment and he hoped that if Seokjin heard him that he would come back and hit him for telling lies. But was he really lying?

"What?" Yoongi was shocked with the very idea that Seokjin would think he's handsome.

"I think he really likes you. You two should, like, spend some time together when it's not busy because I think you'd get along great. It could lead to something more than just friendship though..." Seungjin finished with a laugh, making Yoongi feel even more nervous than he was before. Seungjin seemed unaffected by the whole thing and gave him a gentle and reassuring pat on the shoulder. Seungjin shrugged and looked away, suddenly looking panicked. "Hey, umm, I should get back, our mom's somewhere in here and I don't want to lose her. See you later, Yoongi."

"Bye, hyung." Yoongi said awkwardly waving as Seungjin started searching the shop for his mother. Yoongi started looking at plants and tried not to think about what Seokjin's older brother said. 'He thinks you're very handsome,' those kept going through his mind and it made it very hard for Yoongi to think straight (not that he was really doing that in the first place). He didn't end up buying another plant, but he did have one last quick conversation with Seokjin before he left. He said that Seungjin was very nice and they got on well, which pleased Seokjin. Then, which majorly surprised Yoongi, Seokjin said that after he closes up shop for today, he might come over to Yoongi's tattoo parlor to talk. Yoongi said it was okay and left with a smile on his face. He was such a dummy though, so blindly agreeing to talking to Seokjin after he closes without any second thoughts to anything Seungjin said.

 

That night, while Yoongi was just sitting in the parlor with nothing to do, the bell on his door suddenly rung and he was met by a chatting family. He immediately recognized Seokjin and Seungjin, but they were accompanied by an older man and a woman. He assumed they were their parents and hoped that Seokjin would tell him if they weren't. Seokjin caught Yoongi's eye and smiled at him. "Yoongi-ah, I brought my parents by because they wanted to meet you."

Yoongi stood up and wiped his hands in case they were sweaty and shook the hands of his parents with a smile, introducing himself to them while he did so. He saw the family resemblance between the sons and their parents, and mentally noted that Seokjin got the best DNA from his parents, while Seungjin was a close second in looks. His mother was still beautiful and was definitely aging gracefully and his father must have been one of the most handsome men in his prime, like an actor or something. "Oh, you are so cute." Seokjin's mother said affectionately while poking his cheeks. She grabbed a hold of Seokjin's father's hand and squeezed it, looking happy. "Don't you think, honey?"

"Well, Seokjin described him well. I recognized him instantly." With that note from Seokjin's father, Yoongi had a arm wrapped around his shoulders from Seokjin. He was suprised but felt he had to hide his embarrassment in front of his family. While they continued to chat, Yoongi pushed Seokjin's arm off and casually flipped the sign from open to closed before joining the family on the couches in the waiting area, nearly being pulled to sit next to Seokjin. They all talked for a while, Yoongi learned a lot about the family as a whole and it was really intruiging. They were all from Gwacheon, and came to visit just because Seokjin's shop was having its grand opening and they wanted to support their son. Although Seokjin went against his parent's wishes to be a florist rather than what they wanted him to be, they still supported him and loved him all the same. Seungjin was studying to be a doctor and was on the last year of his doctorate in cardiology. He was told a lot of funny stories from when he was younger, despite it obviously embarrassing Seokjin. One story that stuck out in his mind was that Seokjin went to an all boys high school and still recieved nearly 20 roses one Valentine's day. He was so invested in speaking to his family and hearing funny stories, he didn't even notice that Seokjin had wrapped his arm around his shoulders again and pulled him close.

By the time it hit 10:30, Seungjin suggested that they should take their leave from the shop. Yoongi didn't even notice that much time had passed. He apologized for taking so much of their time, but they just laughed it off saying that it was fun having conversations with him as a family. Seungjin took their parents off to his car after they all said their goodbyes and decided to take them out to dinner, leaving Seokjin and Yoongi all alone in the parlor.

"Your family is a lively bunch." Yoongi admitted with a smile, finally noticing that Seokjin was nearly plastered to his side. He didn't say anything about it and hoped that they could stay like that for longer.

"I know. It's been a while since I've seen them too, and they seemed to really like you." Seokjin said with a matching smile. He went on to describe how his parents asked about him while they were in his flower shop and how they wanted to meet him, so he finally gave in and brought all of them to the tattoo parlor. He apologized for them getting caught up for several hours, but Yoongi dismissed it because it was really fun. It was nice spending time with his family and being so close to Seokjin and learning a lot about him. However, Seokjin seemed realy tired from his day and Yoongi could understand. Seokjin stretched and sighed loudly. "Well, I have an early day tomorrow, I should get home and go to bed soon. Oh, Jjanggyu needs dinner too. It was really nice spending time with you like that, Yoongi."

"It was nice spending time with you and your family." Yoongi said, suddenly freezing when he felt Seokjin move. However, it wasn't as he thought he was going to move, it was to move just a bit closer. Yoongi felt like he was going to panic and hoped that it wasn't obvious to Seokjin.

"Here, a final apology for my family." Seokjin pressed a small kiss to his cheek and got up, stretching his whole body out. He reach out his hand to Yoongi and pulled him up with him. "I'll see you soon, okay?" Yoongi nodded, feeling flush with embarrassment.

"Bye." He said with an awkward wave as Seokjin made his way to the door of the tattoo parlor. Instead of him leaving like Yoongi expected him to, he came right back and pressed another chaste kiss to his cheek. Yoongi flushed an even deeper red and couldn't help but stare in disbelief at his hyung.

"That one's just because I can. Bye, Yoongi!" He winked as he casually walked out the door as if it didn't affect him at all. Seokjin left for real this time and Yoongi felt frozen in place out of embarrassment. Yoongi brought his hands up to his cheeks and carefully touched the places that Seokjin's lips touched him, just in case he pressed too hard and the feeling would go away. Did Seokjin really like him like what Seungjin said he did? Stupid Yoongi, the answer is probably no. Those were friend kisses. They had to be friend kisses, they couldn't be anything else but that! They are officially friends and that's all they are, Yoongi's sure of it. Now he just needs to get these stupid thoughts out of his head of how much he'd like to feel Seokjin's lips on his own and not just his cheeks...