Mistake

Flowers and Ink

At a little before 10pm, Yoongi packed up his tattooing supplies after finishing the one client for today. He hadn't expected them to take so much time, but since it was their first tattoo in one of the worst places imaginable (a tattoo on their spine for their first tattoo, can you believe that?), it was understandable that it took almost 5 hours to complete. After locking the back door and making sure to turn off all of the lights, the parlor was ready to be closed for the night. He left out the front door and was surprised to see Seokjin actually standing out there waiting for him, leaning against the streetlight outside their shops. "Ah, you surprised me, hyung." He pushed Seokjin's shoulder a little playfully and then saw that he was holding something. "What's this?"

"Dinner! I got us some burgers since I thought it'd be too late to make some when we got to your house." Seokjin handed him the takeout bag and it was a couple burgers (one already half eaten and wrapped back up in the foil) and fries all over the bottom of the bag. Yoongi was tempted to start eating now, but it would be awkward to eat while they walked, especially since Yoongi lives several blocks away. "I didn't know what you liked, so I just got what I liked. I hope it's okay." Insert awkward laugh, getting a smile from Yoongi. "I may have eaten most of the fries already, too. Sorry."

"It's fine, I'm sure it's gonna be good." Yoongi said, handing him the takeout bag and grabbing his free hand, intertwining their fingers. What an idiot, Min Yoongi! What are you doing? Why do you think that Kim Seokjin would want to hold your hand? He thought he saw Seokjin blush in the dark and felt himself do the same. "Come on, it's this way." Yoongi said as he started leading him down the street to the right of their shops. He hoped it wasn't obvious that he's been wanting to do this for a while, but has never had the courage to do it until now.

Immediately after they got out of the shadow of countless store fronts, Yoongi couldn't help but admire how handsome Seokjin looked in the moonlight. It made his eyes shine nearly as much as they do when he talks about things he's passionate about, sharpened his features and made him look angelic. Yoongi could stare at him forever.

They chatted as they walked together in the crisp night air, hand in hand. Seokjin expressed how excited he was to see Yoongi's other tattoos, and Yoongi felt it necessary to tell him about the fact he had tattoos on his chest, back, sides and other places. Mentioning the fact he has several more than he thought made Seokjin even more excited for it. The way Seokjin squeezed his hand when he got excited made Yoongi blush unconsciously every time it happened. Seokjin said how much he loves tattoos on other people (though it was pretty obvious that he really loved Yoongi's tattoos already) but was sad because he didn't think that his body would look good with tattoos and how he's never gotten any because of that single reason. Yoongi told him that tattoos look good on nearly everyone, and that Seokjin shouldn't be so nervous if he really wants one. He almost offered to tattoo Seokjin if he really wanted it, but then the words got caught in his throat thinking about Seokjin without a shirt on or other places. He's already had several freak outs because of Seokjin in a tank top, anything less would probably give him a heart attack. They continued talking about tattoos until they were a block from Yoongi's apartment building, when the conversation suddenly turned to Seokjin's interest in seeing his apartment for the first time. He said that maybe they could go to his house sometime and Yoongi would finally get to meet Jjanggyu. Yoongi thought it was incredibly adorable that their conversation turned to a much cuter subject, but there was nothing that could get rid of his anxiety for what was to come.

Once they made it to Yoongi's front door, Yoongi finally (but unwillingly) let go of Seokjin's hand. "This is my apartment. Make yourself at home." It was a small studio apartment but it was neat and nearly clean. It wasn't dark inside like Yoongi thought Seokjin would have thought about it, instead it was quite plain. Yoongi entered casually, followed by a catious Seokjin. He looked around with careful eyes, staring at the living room part and the bedroom part of the main room. Yoongi walked around and put his dirty clothes in a hamper while he let Seokjin explore. He decided to give him the lay of the land before he got lost (not that it he would have gotten lost at all, this apartment only has 2 rooms in it). "That's my bedroom area, and that's the living room here. Over there is the kitchen and dining room and next to that is the bathroom. I know it's small, but it's home." Yoongi made his way to the kitchen while Seokjin sat on his couch, looking around and staring, seemingly trying to take in as much as he could. He had a wide smile on his face and it finally calmed Yoongi down a little. "You want a drink hyung? I have some coke or beer if you want."

"Umm, a coke sounds good." Seokjin replied nodding, looking back at him before Yoongi dug around through piles of leftovers to find his last two cans of coke. He really needs to get to the store at some point, or he is going to starve himself soon. He found them in apparently the cheese drawer, he made his way to the living room and sat down next to Seokjin. Seokjin took it graciously and started drinking it immediately. Yoongi had the sudden realization that Kim Seokjin is in his apartment because he wanted to be here. He brought his friend home for the first time and it doesn't even feel that awkward. Every other person Yoongi has brought home has been awkward the entire time, but he actually felt comfortable with Seokjin and he hoped his hyung felt the same. Yoongi almost got up to get dinner from the table when Seokjin grabbed his hand. "Where are you going?"

"To get dinner, you left it on the table." Yoongi smiled and intertwined their fingers, making Seokjin get a light blush on his cheeks. "Did you think I was going to leave you or somethin'?"

"A little?" Seokjin said in a small voice with a bashful smile. Yoongi let go of his hand and ruffled his hair. It was so soft? Yoongi didn't want to run his fingers through it in case it would make Seokjin uncomfortable, but damn, shouldn't it be illegal to have hair that soft?

"Dinner first, and then you can look at my tattoos for as long as your heart desires." Yoongi said with a cheeky grin on his face, making Seokjin get an insanely cute pout on his face. Yoongi grabbed their dinner (or what was left of it) and returned to the couch, putting it between them. He the tv and handed the remote to Seokjin. "You choose."

"What? No, you choose, it's your house!" Seokjin said before handing it back to Yoongi. He crossed his arms and they stared at each other in an odd way. Seokjin's face was unreadable. "Plus, I'm already getting what I want later, so you choose what you want first."

Yoongi scoffed. "Fine, whatever." He flipped through the channels to find a music program and threw the remote on the coffee table like it was what wronged him, and not Seokjin being a little princess. Their eyes met again, and they couldn't hold back smiles. Yoongi's never been so comfortable with another person in his house before, it was surprising how much he liked having Seokjin here. Yoongi wondered how much Seokjin was actually enjoying being here, but an arm wrapped around his shoulders that pulled him close made him think that Seokjin did like it here.

While they ate what was left of the burgers and fries, they talked about the music on the show. It was obvious both were fans of very different genres, and it was a good topic to debate. When their opinions strayed too far from one another, Seokjin would playfully start a tickle fight. Yoongi always won, but mostly because he was home and he didn't have to hold back and Seokjin's laugh was the cutest thing he's ever heard. Once they finished dinner, it was time for what Yoongi had been regretting the whole night.

"So, Yoongi," The way Seokjin said his name made him flush and grabbing his hand gently didn't make it any better, "can I see your tattoos?"

"Go for it." With that, despite all anxieties, Yoongi's arm was taken and placed in Seokjin's lap and his gentle electrifying touches started happening all over again. Yoongi didn't think he was ever going to get used to this. He traced every line with the softest touches and stared intently at all of the ink on Yoongi's arm and was extra careful touching his new one. Yoongi explained that he got it because he thought that it would finish the sleeve up nicely and Seokjin nodded in agreement, humming as well. Once he was done with that arm, he went to the other side of Yoongi and started looking at that arm. Yoongi smiled contently while Seokjin's fingers dragged along his skin. Yoongi stopped him from going on when he dragged his fingers across a small infinity sign close to the bend of his elbow. He told Seokjin that it was his first tattoo that he got the day he turned 18. Yoongi explained that he liked the idea of forever, whether it be tattoos or being with someone for the rest of his life. Yoongi felt embarrassed because of how cheesy his explanation was, but Seokjin thought it was cute that he'd have one with a story and explanation that cute and it calmed his nerves just a little. Seokjin was being extremely gentle with him and it made his heart race.

Before Yoongi knew it, Seokjin knelt on the floor between Yoongi's already spread legs and he felt Seokjin's cold fingers touch his stomach and it sent shivers up and down his entire body. "May I?" Seokjin asked, now with a hold of Yoongi's t-shirt. Yoongi nodded and let the elder take his shirt off. Now Seokjin could see the tattoos on his pec and on his sides. His fingers gently followed the lines of the dragon tattoo across his left pec and went with it all the way down to his side. Yoongi tried to keep his cool though it was obvious now that he's gotten himself in the far side of love with Seokjin. Seokjin's attention then turned to a four character piece down the opposite side that seemed to confuse him. Yoongi looked down at it and remembered that it was in Chinese characters so of course Seokjin wouldn't know what it meant. "What does this mean?" He asked nearly silently. 

"It basically means 'the most beautiful moment in life.'" Yoongi reached down and touched his tattoo as well, though his own touch wasn't electrifying like Seokjin's, whose fingers dragged up and down his side while he waited for an explanation. If he hadn't fallen so deeply in love with the florist next door, he could have pushed him away without a second thought. Yet here he is, trying to keep his cool so it wouldn't be obvious that he was getting aroused. "I got it during college, it was my second or third or fifth tattoo. I've lost count..."

"Why?" Seokjin met his eyes curiously, silently pleading for Yoongi to explain why he got it. "Why did you get it? Tell me the story, please." All of it was rushed, like every time Yoongi has thought about cofessing to him. However, this was much more than just a school boy crush anymore.

"Ah, it's just not something I normally talk about..." Yoongi said, trying to find a way out of it. The way Seokjin was looking at him, he knew there was no way to get out of it. Especially not in their current positions. "If you can keep it a secret, I might tell-"

"I promise." Seokjin breathed, cutting Yoongi off, meeting Yoongi's eyes with a seriousness he didn't think Seokjin posessed. "You can tell me anything."

'Anything,' the word in this context made Yoongi feel hot. Well, it wasn't just the word that made him feel this way, but he needs to calm down. Stupid Yoongi, why have you done this to yourself? You fell in love like an idiot, and now you have to deal with it. "The client I tattooed last night, the handsome one with the blue hair, y'know?"

"I remember seeing him." Seokjin looked up and their eyes met again, causing Yoongi to feel his face flush. Why did Seokjin have this effect on him?

"That's one of my good friends, his name's Kim Namjoon. I'm sure you guys will meet at some point because of me." Yoongi laughed. "He's really clumsy, but he's so incredibly smart, it's crazy. He's a really cool underground rapper and can write tracks that have meanings deeper than his voice, I'm sure you'd like him." Seokjin nodded along, and Yoongi felt like he should actually get on with the story. "So umm... During college, one of the times I hung out with him, he was talking a lot about life. He has a minor in philosophy, so it's not surprising that would be our conversation topic for the day. Anyway, he said something along the lines that 'no matter what part of your life you are in, it will be a great experience until the end.' Those words hit me really hard, despite the rest of our conversation going over my head, so I asked him to simplify it because I might want to get a tattoo of it so what he wrote was 'the most beautiful moment in life is the fact you're living it.' I only got 'the most beautiful moment in life' because the rest of the meaning is still with me no matter what. That's the gist of it." Yoongi paused for a second and looked away from Seokjin's pretty eyes. "Recently, he got a new tattoo from one of our friends, the same one who did my new tattoo, that has a similar meaning and it's on his neck. I don't know why he chose to put it there, but I guess he wanted the whole world to know rather than my more intimate placement..."

Seokjin nodded in awe, and Yoongi blushed again. He was embarrassed since it's only the second time he's told the story behind that tattoo, since no one else seen it or the ones that have seen it don't care.  "That's really beautiful..." Seokjin said, eyes suddenly making contact with Yoongi's and smiling the prettiest smile Yoongi's seen. "That's one of the best stories I've heard..."

Yoongi ran a hand through his hair and smiled awkwardly. He was touched that Seokjin thought of it that way and looked away out of embarrassment. "Thank you... I don't really tell that story so.."

"Do you not let people look at your tattoos often?" Seokjin shifted and moved closer to his face so their lips were only a couple centimeters away from each other. Yoongi shook his head, skin tingling from Seokjin ghosting touches over his sides now. What was this? What was happening right now? What is Seokjin doing? "How many before me?"

"Only one other person has asked to see my tattoos and get their stories, but others have seen my body and haven't given two s about any of them." Yoongi felt the cushion dip beneath Seokjin's knee and felt his thigh press against his crotch as he got more comfortable. , he's had heat gathering there for as long as Seokjin has been looking at his tattoos and now he can definitely feel himself getting a hard on now. This is really make or break for their relationship now because of Yoongi's dumb crush.

Seokjin cocked an eyebrow but smiled proudly. "Well, I'm glad that it hasn't been so many that you're tired of telling their stories." Seokjin closed his eyes and in a moment, their lips were pressed together in a soft kiss. Yoongi tilted his head for it to be more comfortable for the both of them. It was quick but it felt like a lifetime to Yoongi. He's never had this feeling kissing somebody for the first time and then he realized why Seokjin pulled away so quick. He groaned into the kiss because Seokjin pressed his thigh into his crotch. Seokjin stood up before Yoongi realized what was going on and wrung his hands together nervously. "I, uh.. I realized that I haven't seen Jjanggyu all day, I should be getting home. I need to feed him." Yoongi watched as he nearly raced through the living room to get to the front door. "It was fun hanging out with you, Yoongi. I'll see you tomorrow. Bye."

With that, the door clicked closed and Yoongi was left with his crippling embarrassment and depleted feeling of self-worth. He covered his face and sighed loudly. Why did he have to mess everything up all because he got because Seokjin looked and touched almost all of his tattoos... Wait, did Seokjin kiss him? Seokjin kissed him on the lips and then ran. (They felt better beneath his own lips than he ever thought they would...) Yoongi really didn't know if he ran because of Yoongi's or for some other reason.

He really hoped that it wasn't because of his stupidity than anything else.