Ninety-Two

Trigger

 

Dr. Kwon finished up with her last patient and bid the security guard goodbye right before she was to leave, but then she saw a lonely and lost doctor right outside, “Jess?”

The doctor heard her friend, “You finally finished?”

“Yea. I am going to head home. Are you heading out too?” She noticed the other doctor was out of her white coat and had her purse, “Did you wait long?”

The doctor shook her head, “I asked the nurse when you would be done so I just got here. I thought we could leave together.”

Yuri flashed a smile, “Great. Let me get my stuff.”

The doctor walked with Yuri to her office and waited a few minutes outside while the bubbily girl gathered her things to head out, “I can’t remember the last time we left together. You know we live on the same block right?”

The older doctor shrugged but smiled sheepishly, “I see you all the time at the hospital and our schedules never align.”

“True. You have strange hours and I have normal ones. So why aren’t you staying late? Did your lunch date not go well?”

The doctor stopped walking and clenched onto her bag tightly, “Can I ask you something?”

Yuri tilted her head, “Sure?”

“Other than you, do doctors or nurses call me by my first name?”

It was a strange question but Yuri shrugged, “I don’t think others have. Hell it took like years until we became friends for me to even know what your first name is.”

“I didn’t think so either…” The doctor pondered making her friend worry.

“Are you going to tell me what happened or do I have to guess?”

Jessica looked up into Yuri’s eyes, “If people don’t say my name at work, how did Taeyeon know my first name was Sooyeon?”

Yuri was just as puzzled, “I don’t use that name of yours much either. You said Taeyeon knew it?”

Jessica nodded.

“Maybe she overheard us or her sister. Don’t over think it.” Yuri tried to laugh it off.

“Probably…” Jessica tried to reason but she had this strange feeling that she never told Taeyeon her first name before. When that name slipped out of Taeyeon’s mouth, it was so intimate that she felt her heart nearly race out of her chest.

It was like only Taeyeon could call her by that name. Like the name Sooyeon had belonged to Taeyeon from the start.