Seventy-Nine

Trigger

 

 

Dr. Kwon threw a towel onto Taeyeon, “You are making great progress.”

Taeyeon smiled into the towel wiping off her face, “I do a lot of rehab at home. There is nothing else to do.”

“Dr. Jung isn’t around much huh?” Dr. Kwon sat on the seat next to Taeyeon, “have you thought of getting your own place soon? Your strength is good and I think you are less tired than before.”

Biting her lip, Taeyeon didn’t know what to answer.

“Or do you enjoy living with the doctor that much,” the younger woman chuckled as she bumped Taeyeon’s shoulder, “you don’t need to hide it. She is very beautiful.”

Taeyeon’s eyes widened and her face turned beat red, “w-what? I…mean she is pretty but I can’t be with her…not like that.”

“Taeyeon you light up the brightest when she comes into the room or when someone mentions her name. I am not stupid to how you act around her and I am not stupid to see that she pays special attention to you too.” The woman leaned back in her chair, “my advice is not to find a new place, but to ask to move in.”

Taeyeon started coughing profusely making Dr. Kwon lean over and pat the wheezing girl’s back, “m-move in?”

“Yea. Your little act of acting weak and being dependent, is over, I am closing your case. You are fully healed.”

“I am not! I still get tired.” Taeyeon tried to justify why she should stay around the hospital, “I still need your help getting better.”

“Look Taeyeon,” the doctor crouched down to face Taeyeon, “you are healed. No matter how much I love having you here, you are able to walk and your rehab can finish at home.”

Taeyeon handed back the towel dejected that there was no reason to come to the hospital anymore, “I will miss you.”

Dr. Kwon walked up and knocked Taeyeon on the head, “you better come back! I am just releasing you from your duties here. Our friendship isn’t over.”

Taeyeon gave the doctor a gummy smile, “oh yea.”

“Anyway, your beloved doctor is in her office. She was done earlier and is waiting for you.”

“What?! Why didn’t you tell me?”

“You were busy silly. Now go and be discharged from my care.”

Taeyeon quickly bowed, “Thank you Dr. Kwon.”

“Please call me Yuri from now on. We are friends after all.”

“T-thank you Yuri.”

Yuri waved the girl off as Taeyeon went down the hallways finding the other doctor’s offices. She had been here several times before although there were bad memories of Tiffany surrounding the last time she was here, “Are you busy?”

Dr. Jung looked up from her papers and smiled, “Not at all. Come in.” Taeyeon sat down across from Dr. Jung, which seems very strange after their new living arrangement, “how was your time with Dr. Kwon?”

“Fine.”

The doctor put down her chart and looked at Taeyeon sitting nervously in her chair, “Is there something you want to tell me? I am still your doctor.”

“I was discharged…”

“That is great!” Dr. Jung smiled happily but Taeyeon didn’t seem to like the news, “how is that not a good thing? I can offer an extension if you do not agree with her…”

“No no…she is the doctor and I can walk now…”

Dr. Jung leaned forward on her desk, “so why do you look unhappy?”

“I don’t really have a reason to come to the hospital anymore…for so long, this place was like my home. All the doctors and nurses…they became like family and now I have to leave.”

“Sure you are discharged but like family, just because you left our home, doesn’t mean you aren’t welcomed back. You can come and visit everyone here anytime you please.”

“Well that and…” Taeyeon didn’t dare to look at Dr. Jung, “Yuri said I am well enough to move out.”

“Oh…” Dr. Jung sat up to attention, “s-so you can function on your own?”

Taeyeon nodded.

“Is that what you want? To find your own place?”

Taeyeon shook her head, “If I am not a burden, I want to stay with you.”

The doctor smiled warmly at her patient, “I want you to stay with me too.”

 

 

 


Author's Note

So if you don't follow me on Twitter, there are a few updates. I started a new story called One Last Time so you should check that out if you have time and due to high demand, I have an upcoming story with a vampire twist? Coming soon :)