A resolution

Guardian - Angel

Tao was still unused to waking up alone. 

He tried avoiding it by sleeping at the studio, sleeping at his parent's home and when he first started sleeping alone he'd sleep at hotels where he'd wake to the knocks and calls of room service to disguise the emptiness of his room. He always had someone to sleep with in EXO. That was Tao missed most, having someone constantly around, be it Sehun or Jongdae or anyone else. 

But he chosen this path, and choosing always meant sacrifices. 

Tao got up and ambled towards the curtains, pulling them open slowly and cursing the still dark sky. He probably only slept for an hour. It was getting harder for him to sleep nowadays. 

Tao sighed and dropped back to his bed, grabbing his phone. It lit up with SNS notifications, game notifications, a warning from his manager to get some sleep, the standard ‘how are you’ from his family and some news recommendation. 

Tao paused at a notification and clicked on it. 

“EXO's Suho coma stretches over to three weeks.” Tao murmurs into the dark room. “SM addresses fans concerns while EXO goes on hiatus.”

Tao's grip around his phone tightened. He remembered that Junmyeon was always catching him on his bad days, asking him share what was wrong. It had choked Tao back then, all the thoughts, and he'd never been able to say anything. When he left, the last Junmyeon told him was that he'd wished he'd been able to help. 

“Do you want to see him?” Someone asked. 

Tao looked up to where a woman was lounging on his bedside chair, a halo nestled into her hair. 

“Do you want to see him?” Minmi asked again. 

Tao decided in very short seconds. “If you can take me to him, take me.” 

Minmi grinned and held out her hand. “Great. Now grab a coat and sign my clipboard please.”

Tao raised an eyebrow. “I need to sign form for this?”

“Oh no, I'm kinda a huge fan.”

-

Luhan had Kris's number. 

He'd gotten it around the second time they met, because despite asking him to call the first time the barrier of managers had stopped them from exchanging numbers. 

So Luhan had Kris's number, but he sure as hell didn't have Tao's. 

“Luhan?” The voice on the other end called. 

Luhan motioned his studio workers away as he walked out of the room for a more private area. He'd picked up the phone after several missed calls from the same number but Tao was the last person he expected to be calling. 

“Tao? How did you get my number?” Luhan asked carefully. 

“An angel gave it to me.” Tao said in a matter-of-factly voice and Luhan tried to figure out if the younger man was serious or there some sort of allegory there. 

“Anyway,” Tao continued. “I'm going to see Junma.” 

Luhan choked. “You're going to do what?” 

“You're going too! We're picking you up but Minmi said someone named Sowon is going to explain to you.” 

“Who? What? Tao!” Luhan yelled, but the line was dead. He looked at it in frustration. “Who the heck is Sowon?”

“That's, erm, me.” A voice said. Luhan looked up. 

The mirror of the bathroom he'd locked himself into was gone, replaced by a rectangle of light. Leaning halfway out of it was a girl with two huge dove wings folded into her back. 

“I'm Sowon.” She said, clearing . She motioned to the rectangular portal. “Would you like to come in?”

“Sure.” Luhan breathed, feeling lightheaded. “Why not.”

-

The interior was a creamy, pastel explosion. Literally everything was pale. The couch, the couch cushions, the bean bag sea and what little of plush carpet Luhan could spot- all pastels. 

“Very, um, angelic.” Luhan said, testing a couch. His arm sank into it, signalling an extreme level of softness. 

“Sorry.” Sowon apologised. “This is the Limbo Lounge. The Heaven Lounge is much better but you'd have to die or get a job at Angel & Co™ to go there.”

“Angel and what?” 

“Forget what I just said.” Sowon said hastily. She cleared and pulled up a clipboard. 

“So er, Mr Lu?” 

“Luhan is fine.” He said, waving her on. 

“Okay Luhan, are you are aware Kim Junmyeon has entered a coma.”

Luhan nodded, seating himself at a more solid looking beanbag. “What those that have to do with this?” He motioned at the Limbo. 

“The coma isn't naturally caused.” Sowon explained. “It's, well, magical. ‘Love’ was supposed to break the coma but what he have is incomplete. I'm sorry, it's a bit of a confusing story but long story short, we need you to help wake him up as soon as possible.”

Luhan raised an eyebrow. “As soon as possible?”

Sowon nodded grimly. “If his coma goes into the fourth week, the hospital may decide to declare him brain dead.” 

Luhan froze. “.”

“So would you like to-” Sowon began, but Luhan jumped to his feet. “As soon a possible right? Then let's go now, damn it.” 

He started marching towards the exit, swearing under his breath. . He didn't leave because he hated the group, he left because he hated the company. Regardless of what happened, it had been hard for him to leave them behind like that, dogging after Kris's spontaneity. 

Luhan reached for the portal as Tao's head popped into it. 

“Lu-ge!”

Luhan jumped and shrieked. “Taozi! What the heck?” 

The man grinned at Luhan, entirely unapologetic. He held out a hand. 

“Come on. We're going together.”

Luhan looked at him in confusion. “What?”

“We're going to save him right?” Tao asked, smiling. Luhan looked down at the outstretched hand, recalling an era where there were always eleven other people beside him. 

Luhan took his hand. 

“You're damn right we're gonna save him.”

Watching them leave, Sowon grinned and flipped through her clipboard, looking for the last location.