State's Situation

Underland
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]chapter eight - [/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2] “You don't know much,' said the Duchess; 'and that's a fact.” [/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]Every soul in that room suddenly felt their body tense up, the silence lingering in the dark room. Jimin and Namjoon were well equipped and ready to barge. Wonho and I stayed near Dayoung and Sojung, waiting for the signal. The growls became larger then and eventually that was the only thing we heard in that enclosed space. The growing sound of heartbeats pounding in that tiny room was enough to make me want to rush out the building, but I wasn’t coward; though, standing my ground became more of a challenge than a want.

The front door suddenly busted and Wonho was the first to draw his handgun. There stood Jeongguk, hands above his head and a cheeky smile on his face. “Hey.”

“Jeon Jeongguk, what the ?” Jimin hisses, taking his arm and yanking him inside the room before shutting the front door closed. “If any of the citizens saw you – “

“They didn’t,” Jeongguk answers, moving towards Namjoon and pressing an ear towards the base of the closet. “Huh. So, you really did let him turn. Pity.”

“Jeongguk, go back home,” Namjoon answers and from the sound of his voice, he seemed irritated at the presence of the youngest in the army.

Jeongguk brings up his shotgun and doesn’t budge which forces Namjoon to sigh which is a form of permission that he can stay. The sounds of the now-turned man increasingly begin to grow and Namjoon has to remind himself that the turned is safely in chains and cannot hurt them.

The seconds turned into minutes and the minutes began to feel like hours before Jeongguk himself had to pry his way to the front and forcefully pull the handles of the closet. The first thing we all noticed was the smell, the foul-smelling aroma that quickly filled the basis of the room. The second thing were now what seemed to be the sounds of an animal, hissing and growling at the mere scenery of human flesh. And the third was its yellow eyes beaming and seemingly glowing at the sight of Jeongguk being five-feet away from him.

“It smells.” Dayoung mentions, crossbow in hand and Sojung agrees by pulling her behind in a form of parental protection.

I glance at Wonho and his eyes are dark and studying. I could tell that he wanted nothing more than to study the creature and explore the insides of the body. But that had to wait.

Jeongguk backs off slowly with Jimin placing a hand on his shoulder. Not a single one of us could take our eyes off of it until the cage began to move back and forth and Namjoon had to quickly shut the closet back amidst the creature’s screams.

“We should, ahem, alert Eunseo,” he manages to say. Jimin is the first to nod and rushes out of the door, a hand to his mouth.

I stay in my position. Eunseo was not going to be happy.

“Amazing,” she says, circling the cage in interest. It had taken a total of four people to carry the cage and into the wooden table placed in the center of the office. Jimin, Jin, Namjoon and Jeongguk had worn protective gloves whilst

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter