Loss

Underland
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]chapter six - [/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2] “I wish I hadn't cried so much!” [/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]It wasn’t from our group. I scanned the area where our group had divided to and all of them were in their places, daring not to breath and choose to look on the ground. Wonho kept a tight grip on my arm as the screams continued. It drew the dead’s attention as they slowly walked towards the sound. When the coast was clear and there were none left, Wonho and I grabbed our stolen gas and crept quickly towards Yeonjung and Jeongguk, the former looking relieved while the latter looked unsatisfied.

The four took whatever was in our hands and ran to the others. Jin was on top of a RV, his sniper rifle loaded and ready to go. The screams continued, louder than ever. “Her screams bought us time,” he murmured. “You all better get on the car before I shoot.”

Cheng Xiao nodded and led the rest of us into the car, moving as fast as her tiny hands could do for her. Before she closed the passenger door, we heard a shot from where Jin was. In a matter of seconds, Jin was in the driver’s seat and backing up as though his life depended on it. It did.

We were in the road within five minutes, Cheng Xiao sitting in front with Jin. Wonho and I sat next to each other in the middle while Yeonjung sat next to me. “Poor girl,” she mumbled. “Guess you can say we were lucky. If she hadn’t screamed, we’d be there until forever. Guess you gotta make sacrifices along the way, huh?”

I wonder if Yeonjung had to make sacrifices along the way as well. She always looks so happy and bright but I often wonder if that was just a front that she was putting up. She was the youngest of all the girls, yet she was in this mission, owning a shotgun of her own. Should 17-year-olds even be allowed to be put into this kind of situation?

We drive in silence when Jin suddenly slammed on the breaks, awakening and alarming everyone in the vehicle. A person – a living person – stood in front of the vehicle, his arms held up above his head.

“Stay in the car,” Jin barked, opening and slamming the driver’s door. Not even a second passed and Cheng Xiao was out the door as well. I looked at Wonho who in turn grabbed the lock of the door and opened it with full force. In a minute, all of us were outside the vehicle. Jin looked at us and make an annoyed expression before turning to the guy in front of him. He turned his rifle into the guy’s temple.

Poor guy. He looked terrified, his arms and legs shaking, his eyes wandering everywhere except for Jin’s. He took a big gulp before looking at Jin in the eyes, the guy looked like he was going to pass out in any second.

“State your name,” Jin said in a deep voice. “Else you want a bullet to the head.”

“Jin,” Cheng Xiao scolded. “You’re scaring the poor man.” She looked the guy, smiling softly before putting a hand on his shoulder. “I’m sorry we look so disgusting. This isn’t our blood, so you don’t have to worry. None of us are bitten.”

The guy nodded and whimpered. “Please help,” he blurted. “I don’t have anyone left! My people, they’re gone. The only one left was my wife, but

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter