Advice from a Leader

Underland
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]chapter three - [/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2] “If you don't know where you are going, the road can take you there.” [/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]Rain heavily poured onto us, making it even more difficult to tend to those who were wounded or in critical condition. Eunseo had to call in for more backup, she said she didn’t expect there to be more than ten survivors. In the end of the mass shooting, there were merely seventy-six survivors, the majority of which were in their younger teens.

Those who were not injured in the legs walked while those who could barely take a step were loaded into one van and drove to the retreat. Eunseo’s girls had pleaded to stay with her but she just waved her hand, said that she needed to protect the people, and told them to be safe.

Looking back, this girl had more balls than I did.

Eunseo stood at the back, occasionally flipping her head backwards as though she was afraid someone would jump and shoot the rest of us down. I slowed down my pace and eventually she caught up to me with confusion in her face. “Something wrong?”

“Nothing,” I muttered, attempting to match her pace. “Just wanted to know why you’d help us.”

“Humanity’s in the midst of craziness. I think the saner people we have, the better,” she smiled at me and suddenly tightening her grip on her rifle. “I didn’t think I’d ever have to use this, but look at me now. Just gunning down random guys I don’t even know.”

We were silent then until she suddenly slapped my back. “Ah, don’t look so down. The place we’re going to – we’re rebuilding it. A society that can prosper even in these ty times, so don’t worry.” She shifted her attention to the blonde that had stopped and stood warily on the side. “I think someone’s waiting for you.”

I glanced up and caught Minhyuk’s eyes who waved at me. I excused myself from Eunseo and jogged a few to reach up to Minh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter