Obstacles

Underland
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]chapter four - [/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2] “Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.” [/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]In the end, it was decided that Hoseok, Minhyuk, and I would be the ones to assist in the mission. The three of us walked in silence, the sound of children laughing covered our ears. It was strange. We’d been in poverty for so long, the vision of people living an ordinary life amongst these walls were extremely unusual for us. I suppose that this wouldn’t be hard getting used to; in fact, I think that we can all agree that we wanted to stay here as long as we can.

We reached the building that Eunseo had shown us earlier: a much sturdier and more modern building with clear windows and an automatic door. Two guards stood near the entrance and upon looking at us grunted and stepped aside.

I could see Hoseok opening his mouth but Minhyuk quickly grabbed his arm and ushered him inside. I bowed my head slowly and sprinted inside the doors. Inside, the building was covered in white tiles and clean sofas. Eunseo stood with her arms crossed, a girl standing right next to her.

Pretty. She was very pretty. Her forehead was covered by her bangs and her eyes were a beautiful warm brown color. She smiled at us and I felt a blush overtake my cheeks before Eunseo lightly hit her in the arm. “Gentlemen,” Eunseo coughed. “Meet my partner, Cheng Xiao.”

“Hello,” Cheng Xiao said in a soft voice. “Nice to meet you.”

All three of us just nodded, nervous to say anything to her. She just chuckled, leading us into the main room. Judging from her back, I could clearly see that she kept two white handguns on both her sides. One had a blue lining, the other red. I was surprised to see that girls would decorate even their guns.

We reached the main room, men and women arguing loudly at each other, the look on their faces as though they were going to draw their weapons at any minute and shoot each other. In the middle of them sat a round table with a map that was filled with red circles and exes.

“Can you shut up and let me speak?” A man glared at a woman.

“Can you off and let me finish?” The woman attacked back.

The man gripped the handgun that was on his back before another man put his hand around his shoulders and calmed him down. Eunseo rolled her eyes and slapped her hand on the table. “Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you our new people.”

The man snarled. “Eunseo, I thought we agreed no more new people? We can barely feed everyone and now you’ve brought new mouths to feed?”

“Jin, please.” Eunseo then turned to us and began to introduce those in front of us. “These fine gentlemen are Jin, Yoongi, Hoseok, Namjoon, Jimin, Taehyung, and Jeongguk. And the fine ladies are Sojung, Bona, Xuanyi, Dayoung, and Yeonjung.”

“N-Nice to meet you all,” I muttered under my breath, afraid of all these strangers that had eyes on us.

“Hoseok?” Hoseok scoffed. “There can’t be two Hose

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter