The Beginning

Yang Hyun Suk's Daughter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Bobby, Jinhwan, Junhoe, Donghyuk, Yunhyeong, and Chanwoo are all in the practice room. All members except the leader. The practice room is filled with silent like no one is there, even though there are six boys who’re having life in it. Not much laughter as usual, because there is something different from the group. There is something missing.

"I really think that there is something wrong with Hanbin lately." The eldest finally spoke, breaking the silence that occurred in the practice room.

"Yeah, i know right." Bobby sighed. "We haven’t met him since he moved."

Junhoe took off his hat and ruffled his hair in frustration. "Aish, could there be something we don’t know between Hanbin hyung and YG?"

"Yah, you kid! Stop trying to look cool like a detective!" Jinhwan chuckled, but actually hoping that Junhoe’s suspection is wrong.

Yesterday, Yang Hyunsuk came to iKON’s practice room and said something to Hanbin secretly, without the other members knowing. He said something big to Hanbin.

"I've bought a new house for you two. Pack your belongings and move there as soon as possible. You don’t need to live in the dorm with the other members again."

"Wh-what?! Sir, but... what if the other members get suspicious?"

"That is your problem. You’re the one who don’t want anyone to know about the marriage, so it is not my responsibility." Yang Hyunsuk said with his typical thin voice.

Of course, the other members were curious when Hanbin suddenly went out from the dorm at night, carrying all of his stuffs with his suitcase. He was going to left without even saying any words to the members. But nothing could stop him. He really respected Yang Hyunsuk both as his CEO and also his father-in-law.

The oldest, Jinhwan, hurriedly blocked his way. He shouted in front of him, "Yah! Where are you going all of a sudden?! Why did you bring all of your stuff with this big suitcase? If you have any problem with us, just say it!"

Hanbin felt very guilty against the members who looked at him seriously. He kept silent a few seconds, until he got the right idea to answer. "No, hyung. There is no problem. I’m just... respecting Yang Hyunsuk’s gift.”

"What? Gift?" Jinhwan raised an eyebrow, while the other members were just watching in silence.

"Y-yes. He lent me his unused house as a reward for all my hard work. I have to prepare my solo debut as well, so i need to practice living alone and focusing on doing a solo."

Lie. So far, Yang Hyunsuk never planned to make a solo debut for Hanbin.

"Let's think positively to this. Hanbin hyung really worked hard for us, for iKON. Without him, maybe we wouldn’t go this far. He deserves Yang Hyunsuk’s attention." Chanwoo, the kind maknae, talked calmly without any suspections like the hyungs.

Meanwhile, on the other side of Seoul, Hanbin is in silence since he woke up this morning. Just sitting face to face with a girl he just met a few days ago. Yes, he just met her a few days ago, but already living in the same house today. That small wedding ceremony is still ringing in his brain. Only his family and Hyunae’s family who came to the wedding ceremony. Simple, because both of the bride and groom don’t want anybody to know about the marriage except for their family. And now, the bride and groom are just staring at the floor, avoiding eye contact between them.

"Why didn’t you reject Dad’s request about this marriage if you don’t want it to happen then?" One of them finally opened a conversation after a few minutes. But still, avoiding an eye contact.

"I'm sorry, but I'm not crazy. I've been waiting for my debut for many years, and I don’t want him to terminate my contract just because of one thing. You're his daughter, you're the one who must reject the idea of ​​this marriage from the beginning!"

"I've tried! But nothing can stop his desire! I even skipped town, but he found me and brought me back to Seoul."

Hanbin sighed. “Too bad.”

And they come back with their awkwardness. Only silence, and trying hard not to make eye contact.

Ding dong!

But suddenly, the ringing bell saved them. Hanbin stood fast and said, "Let me open the door."

The person who Hanbin and Hyunae are talking about, is at the outside of the house. In front of the door, that person smiled with his rare friendliness. "Good morning, my son-in-law."

For some reason, Hanbin felt goose bumps on his body. He had never seen that side of Yang Hyunsuk before. "Ah, g-good morning, sir."

"You can call me 'Da

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter