Chapter 2

Coffee

A/N: Hey guys, this'll be a shorter chapter but I promise for the FULL date next chapter, I'm just crammed with assignments right now so I hope you can wait as I may not update regularly...

Anyway hope you enjoy~

 

Taehyung burst through the door to his dorm, grinning from ear to ear. He ran to Jimin who was lounged out lazily on the couch watching some lame romance movie and tackled him into a bear hug, earning an “Oomph!” from his friend.

 

“Ah!! Taehyung! What the hell?!” He yelled as he began trying to pry Taehyung off of his waist.

 

Taehyung just continued to hug his friend who was still trying to wriggle out of his arms. Deciding it was useless, Jimin stopped protesting and sighed. He grabbed the remote and paused his film, turning back to Taehyung who finally released him and they both sat up.

 

“What's got you all happy?” He questioned, not really surprised at Taehyung’s cheerfulness but rather his reason for tackling Jimin as soon as he walked through the door.

 

“Well, let's just say a certain somebody visited a certain cafe that another certain someone recommended to that certain somebody and that certain somebody met a certain person that indirectly introduced him to a certain man that the certain somebody has a date with tomorrow evening and-” Jimin put his hand out and gestured for Taehyung to shut up.

 

Jimin took a moment to process the words his friend had just spat out. He gave up trying to process them and instead just looked at Taehyung confused.

 

“So….what happened?”

 

“Well….” he began, fidgeting in his seat and looking at the ground like a giddy school girl.

 

“Well?” Jimin repeated, gesturing for Taehyung to continue.

 

“I have a date tomorrow at 8 pm with a worker from that cafe you told me about” he finished, blushing madly and not making eye contact with Jimin.

 

Jimin’s eyes widened and he grabbed Taehyung’s shoulders and shook him violently. “THAT’S GREAT! OMG WE HAVE TO GET YOU SOMETHING TO WEAR AND AND” Jimin rambled on and on about preparing for the date and bombarded him with endless questions which made Taehyung start to get nervous.

 

 


 

 

Taehyung now paced back and forth in his dorm room, waiting for Jin to arrive and pick him up.

 

The date was scheduled for 8 pm as Jin mentioned in his text yesterday and Taehyung had already given his address.

 

He glanced at his watch which read 6:54 pm and sighed. He was already fully dressed in a white dress shirt under a rather large black cardigan (which gave him sweater paws), black ripped skinny jeans and a pair of black and white chucks (Jimin picked his clothes for him talking about going casual instead of dressing up and whatnot). What was he supposed to do for the next hour?

 

Jimin had left to “do some shopping” as he unconvincingly said and would be back “later”. Taehyung smiled at his friend’s unsubtle supportiveness but he was pretty sure that he wasn't the type to bring someone back home especially on the first date.

 

His inbox had been blown up earlier by Minhyun who reminded him every ten minutes to keep him updated throughout the date and let him in on “any juicy events ;)” as quoted in the text. Taehyung cringed at this as he reread the texts to kill time because who the hell says that?

 

Putting his phone away after reading Minhyun’s disturbing texts, Taehyung decided to kill time by watching that movie Jimin watched the previous day.

 

Taehyung plopped down onto the couch and began to watch the movie, not thinking much of it at first but as it went on, he became engrossed, eyes wide and glued to the screen. He was unaware that an hour had already passed and was crying his eyes out from watching the scene where the female protagonist dies dramatically in the arms of the male protagonist.  As cliche as movies like that were, they always worked.

 

Taehyung got up to get a few tissues when he heard a knock at the door causing him to turn and look. His eyes widened and he checked his watch again which now read 8:04 pm. Another knock was heard and he rushed towards the door.

 

“Coming!” he yelled, quickly wiping his nose and eyes as he went to the door, forgetting to turn off the movie.

 

The door swung open and Taehyung forgot how to breathe because of how amazing the man in front of him looked.

 

Jin wore a dark red shirt that fit loosely and exposed his neck and collarbone. He wore black skinny jeans and carried a black blazer over his shoulder.

 

Taehyung’s eyes shamelessy roamed until the soind of dramatic music broight him back to reality and his cheeks went red. Jin smiled at him and his heart flipped again.

 

“Are you ready to go?” he asked, still smiling at Taehyung.

 

“Lemme just….get that” he replied, pointing back inside at the TV, even more embarassed.

 

Jin just chuckled lightly and nidded his head.

 

 


 

 

The car ride there was rather awkward as neither had made any effort to initiate conversation.

 

Taehyung had sat in awkward silence for a while now but Jin made it seem like he was enjoying the silence because he was smiling the whole time which made Taehyung unsure if whether he was uncomfortable or content with the silence because as much as he wanted to speak, he couldn't find a topic so he had to settle with looking at Jin’s smile which was more than good enough.

 

Soon enough, the two had arrived at the restaurant and Taehyung gulped as they entered.

 

Taehyung was busy admiring the place to hear Jin ask for a table for two. He felt Jin tap him in the shoulder and the pair made their way to their table.

 

He spotted two familiar figures around the restaurant and wanted to die right there and then. Things didn't bode well for him with these two around.

 

Minhyun sat at a rather far away table but he must've been an idiot to think he didn't stand out with his blonde hair. It didn't help that the man made no attempt to hide his face and stared shamelessly at them from his lone table.

 

Thankfully, Jin seemed oblivious to it and they continued on their way to their table.

 

He internally facepalmed when he saw Jimin seated by himself at a table next to theirs. The two took their seats at their table with Jin facing his back towards Minhyun and Jimin which Taehyung was thankful for.

 

Jimin wore shades and was staring at the pair from behind a menu which made him look suspiscious as hell and if he thought his disguise was working, he was wrong because Taehyung was now glaring at him which caught Jin’s attention and made him turn around and look at Jimin.

 

“You know that guy?” he asked Taehyung who broke out in cold sweat at the question.

 

“No, of course not” he said while forcing a smile, feeling his blood run cold.

 

Jin shrugged and picked up the menu, contemplating on what to eat while Taehyung sat in pure horror as the two behind Jin began to make faces and mouth “Go for it” or “Get in there” while doing fist pumps.


Things did not bode well for him at all.