Chapter 4

Coffee

A/N: Crunch time is over and it's the holidays yaaay me!! *starts dancing to Mansae* which means I can update more often! Thank you to everyone who has been so patient and are still following this story I love you all!! <3

To make it up to all of you there is a surprise in this chapter near the end, I was gonna save that for later on in the story but I couldn't resist >< hope you enjoy!!

 

Any and all criticism is welcome ^.^

 


 

 

Taehyung gulped before responding to Jin’s question, attempting to banish the nervousness he felt which miraculously worked but the feeling immediately returned when he met Jin’s eyes. The other’s gaze was oozing with suggestiveness and his unfading smirk only added to make Taehyung even more nervous.

 

“Okay, I-I’ll play” he finally said, picking up his fork shakily. Taehyung gripped the piece of cutlery and gained more courage as he remembered what the reward was. His competitive spirit when it came to games was reputable which the pair watching the couple knew all too well. He didn't have to look up to know that Jin was smiling at him like he'd already won because he wasn't going to win. Taehyung’s eyes narrowed competitively at the spaghetti and Jin began to count down as he picked up his fork too.

 

“3...2...1...go!”

 

Both boys stuck their forks into the spaghetti and began eating. Jin remained calm and still had that smug smirk on his face while Taehyung was picking carefully, trying to get the same thread of spaghetti as Jin so they could move on to the next stage. However said stage was more difficult to reach than expected because Jin was coincidentally evading Taehyung’s fork which frustrated him, causing his search for Jin’s spaghetti to appear more obvious.

 

The fire of determination in Taehyung’s eyes was visible and probably could burn someone right now and Jin found it strangely adorable.

 

“He must really want to win that badly.” he thought as he continued eating.

 

“Well I don't plan in losing though, because I want my reward so sorry Taehyung but I'm winning this game”

Jin’s eyes flashed with determination also and he stabbed his fork into a thread of spaghetti rather forcefully which broke Taehyung’s concentration.

 

Taehyung looked up at Jin for the first time since they started eating and his fork stopped moving towards his mouth midway as he realized what happened and his eyes widened.

 

Both their forks were stabbed into the same thread of spaghetti and it was now held up by their forks and hanging between them. Jin smirked again and Taehyung blushed.

 

“You know what this means.” he said, continuing to move the fork to his mouth as if the next part of the game was something completely normal to do in a restaurant (especially between two guys)

 

Taehyung gulped again and caught the spaghetti between his teeth.  He began nibbling away at it and could feel the same thing happening on the other end.

 

He looked everywhere but at Jin and could see Minhyun with his mouth open, and his eyes wide as he watched the couple shamelessly. Jimin wore an identical expression and Taehyung swore that the two had to be related somehow from their similar personalities.

 

He could feel Jin’s face getting closer to his as they were both leaning over the table further and further, nibbling at the spaghetti. His eyes were everywhere but on Jin’s and he could tell Jin’s eyes were nowhere but on him. He tried to push down the rising heat in his cheeks but failed and was now blushing like an idiot.

 

Their faces were now inches apart and Taehyung’s heart was pounding hard against his chest. He shut his eyes as they both continued gnawing away at the last bits of the spaghetti, their lips now a few centimetres apart from each others.

 

Taehyung felt a tug from the other side of the remaining spaghetti and it snapped. Without any support he fell forward and he felt his lips land on Jin’s.

 

It was just a feather light touch on tge lips byt it felt like electricity. Taehyung’s eyes flew open and widened in embarassment and he gasped. His hands immediately moved to cover his mouth as he pulled away instantly and he felt his cheeks redden.

 

Although it was just a chaste and innocent mistake to him, it appeared anything but that to Jin who was grinning from ear to ear. Then it hit him.

 

Jin tricked him. Taehyung fell forward because of his date and it seemed as if he initiated the kiss even though it was the other way around. He glanced at Minhyun and Jimin and they were still wearing the same expressions from when the game started. They must've thought he initiated the kiss too.

 

“I don't think we need to say who the winner is here, because we both know who it is” Jin stated plainly, bringing Taehyung’s attention back to him. Taehyung narrowed his eyes at the man sitting across him and folded his arms in defeat.

 

“I want my reward” he continued, his eyes never leaving Taehyung.

 

Taehyung turned beet red. He felt his throat go dry so he quickly downed the glass of water in front of him and responded before his embarassment was too obvious (which it already was)

 

“A-and that w-would be?” he stuttered out, clearly nervous.

 

He felt Jin’s eyes on him but now his eyes were looking at more than just his face and his expression was darker. He gulped and averted his gaze from Jin.

 

The pair stayed in awkward silence (well at least it was for Taehyung) while Taehyung awaited his answer. The dark glint in Jin’s eyes dissipated almost instantly and he began chuckling, prompting Taehyung to make a confused face at him.

 

“You're so cute when you stutter” he began while picking up his glass of water. He took a sip and then rested his chin on his hand. He made eye contact with a now flustered Taehyung and continued.

 

“I'm pretty sure you know what I mean” he continued, his smug expression never fading.

 

Taehyung felt like he would die from embarrassment right there and and decided to feign illness in an attempt to escape the situation. He clutched his stomach and held a hand up to his mouth.

 

“Uh, I think I wanna go home now Jin, can you drop me off please? I don't feel too good.” He unconvincingly stated, earning eye rolls from both Minhyun and Jimin who saw right through him.

 

Jin’s expression immediately softened and was replaced with a worried one as he looked at Taehyung in concern. Well that was easy.

 

“Oh, come on let's go then, let me just uh give the waiter our money” he said, turning around to call a waiter over.

 

Taehyung laughed internally at how easily Jin believed him and got up to leave. Jin paid the waiter and the pair left the restaurant and got into Jin’s car again.

 

Taehyung sat in the back this time but regretted it instantly because if he wasn't mistaken then he was pretty sure that Jin was using the rear mirror to steal glances at him which made him feel nervous. (Not that he didn't like Jin’s attention though)

 

Maybe he was actually starting to feel sick and it was karma for lying? Oh well he was going home now anyway, he can finally have some alone time to figure out his actual feelings for the man currently driving. Taehyung sighed in relief which caught Jin’s attention and he gasped internally.

 

“You feeling better now?” He asked while smiling.

 

“Yeah, just tired now I guess” Taehyung replied.

 

Jin just nodded as a response and kept driving and another awkward silence fell upon the pair. Taehyung was gazing out the window, thinking about the events that had transpired that night and blushing about their ‘game’ and it's outcome. He could still feel the kiss (if you could even call it that) lingering on his lips which made him blush harder.

 

He also remembered that he'd have to pay a certain pair a visit for following him on his date. He wondered how the hell they even knew where he was going to be because last time he checked, he never told Minhyun any details and he was pretty sure Jimin wasn't acquainted with him so how would he know? He decided not to ponder over it too much because it didn't really matter anyway since they didn't interrupt their date.

 

Taehyung was bought back to Earth when he heard the car come to a stop and looked out the window to see that they had already arrived at his dorm. He unfastened his seatbelt and the couple got out of the car. They both made their way to Taehyung’s room, Jin just following the college student silently.

 

They arrived at his room and Taehyung turned to face Jin who was smiling softly at him as always. What was he supposed to say again? Oh right he was supposed to thank Jin for taking him out and ask if they could go out again sometime? Scratch that last part. He started fidgeting with his fingers nervously.

 

“Um….” He began, not making eye contact with Jin and deciding the floor was much more interesting to look at. “Thanks for dinner….I had fun tonight” he finished now looking up at Jin with a bright smile.

 

Jin was pretty sure his heart skipped a beat at the younger boy’s beaming smile and for once he was at a loss for words. “Uh...y-yeah no problem” he stuttered out, making Taehyung tilt his head cutely at his odd behavior which didn't help Jin collect himself.

 

“I mean, I had fun too” he said after finally calming down, making Taehyung smile at him which made him smile too.

 

“So uh….I'll see you around?” Taehyung said awkwardly while rubbing his neck

 

“Yeah….definitely” Jin replied just as awkwardly and the couple stood in awkward silence for a good two minutes.

 

“So…I'm gonna go inside now… goodnight” Taehyung finally said, turning to open his door. Just as he turned the doorknob to his room, he felt an arm on his shoulder.

 

“Wait.” Jin abruptly turned Taehyung around which made the latter yelp in surprise until he felt a pair of lips on his which made him untense immediately.

 

Taehyung just melted into the kiss and a sound of satisfaction ecaped his lips which made him blush hard so he squeezed his eyes shut. He felt Jin’s arms snake around his waist and he unconsciously wrapped his arms around Jin's neck which made Jin deepen the kiss.

 

Taehyung’s cheeks were on fire and his heart was beating so hard it was almost audible as the kiss continued. Jin finally released Taehyung from the kiss and a whine escaped the latter’s lips as he opened his eyes to look at the former.

 

The couple were breathing heavily and Taehyung finally came down from Cloud Nine, realizing what had just transpired. He smiled embarrassed and looked at Jin again who was staring at him in wonder(?). Taehyung quickly gave Jin a peck on the cheek before muttering goodnight and hurrying inside.

 

He was pretty sure that Jin was still outside but he was corrected when he felt a vibration in his pocket, signalling he had received a message.

 

From: Jin

 

10:32pm

 

So…..about my reward? Does an amusement park next week sound alright? ;)

 

Taehyung’s face heated up again instantly and he hurriedly typed up a reply.

 

To: Jin

 

10:34pm

 

Sure thing! See you then! :)


He hit send and fell onto his bed. The adrenaline from the kiss finally wore out, making him feel as lifeless as a corpse. Even though he couldn't move, his heart was still threatening to burst from his chest as he awaited his next date with the man named Kim Seokjin who he was pretty sure he was falling in love with.