Chapter 7

Coffee

A/N: Here it is, as promised! I'll try to get the next chapter out asap! Since I don't have WiFi it probably won't be till next week or something but yeah, I hope you enjoy~~

(I know I've been writing in Taehyung’s perspective most of the story so far but I tend to change perspective without realising it which is why it kinda switches in this chapter hehehe)

And also I know that I said I was going to update within the next few days but my personal issues had other plans so I kinda lost motivation ahaha but DON’T WORRY I AM BACK AND I WILL FINISH THIS FIC this A/N feels too long so I'll talk more in the next chapter, THANK U IF YOU’RE STILL READING!! I LOVE U ALL

 


 

Jin had been waiting at the entrance of the amusement park for almost half an hour now, he contemplated on sending Taehyung a text to ask where he was but decided to have faith in the boy instead and believe he would come. He had spent the past week typing up texts to send to Taehyung before blinking at how bland or cheesy he sounded and deleting them.

The truth was that he had missed the younger’s presence and the fact that said boy hadn't contacted him since the day they literally confessed to each other made Jin feel even lonelier. Furthermore, Jin’s seemingly cool facade was only there to impress Taehyung. Even when he wanted to show he was returning Taehyung’s feelings even just a bit, he would subconsciously act cool and curse himself out later about it. Because the truth was that he had already fallen for Taehyung but he was scared the latter didn't feel the same way. His two best friends Yoongi and Namjoon had already assured him that Taehyung was in love with him too, based on what he had told them which was why he was here waiting out in the cold like the hopelessly devoted idiot he was.

Snapping out his daydream, Jin looked up to see a familiar figure running towards him. Taehyung looked as if he was about to drop at any second so Jin began walking toward him with a fond smile. Jin made a mental note that Taehyung ran like a kid. So cute.

Taehyung was now breathing heavily as he stood in front of Jin, deciding to blame the heat he felt on his cheeks on the weather. Seeing Jin’s smile now reminded him of why he had fallen in the first place and he unknowingly smiled.

They stood in comfortable silence, Taehyung’s breathing no longer heavy as the pair continued to stare at each other as if making up for lost time.

Realising that he had yet to greet Jin, Taehyung snapped out of his trance and waved at Jin nervously, a shy smile forming on his lips. Jin let out a soft laugh and waved back with an affectionate expression.

“Sorry I'm late I-” he started but was silenced by Jin’s shushing gesture.

“It's fine, now should we go in or keep standing here the whole night?” He asked, his voice suggesting he was fine with either option which Taehyung was totally fine with too in all honesty.

“I think we should go in” Taehyung replied with a smile and they went in.

The first few minutes were spent looking for an appropriate ride to go on, Taehyung suggesting every ride they passed only for Jin to politely decline each one and look around. Is he looking at the kids rides?

The pair finally came to the roller coaster and Taehyung’s eyes widened in awe. His mouth formed an ‘O’ and he tapped Jin’s shoulder. Jin turned around to Taehyung then to the roller coaster and his eyes widened also, but in fear instead.

Taehyung watched in pure excitement as he saw the current occupants of the roller coaster unexpectedly drop, their mixed screams of horror and fun fuelling his want to go on the ride even more. Jin watched in pure horror, imagining himself in that position. He'd probably have a heart attack on that thing.

He clutched his chest protectively which caught Taehyung’s attention and made him want to hug all his companion’s fears away. Even though Jin seemed adamantly against the roller coaster Taehyung was just as determined to get on the roller coaster, Jin included.

“Hey, come on let's ride that!” He exclaimed, grabbing Jin’s hand and moving towards the line, not bothering to wait for a response.

Jin’s eyes remained glued to his and Taehyung’s joint hands the whole walk to the line, a faint blush creeping across his cheeks. Luckily the cause of his blushing was standing in front of him, probably completely unaware they were holding hands.

“Why can't you hold my hand like that? Isn't that what couples do?” He heard a girl say and he turned to look.

A girl behind them was pointing at Jin and Taehyung while glaring at her boyfriend. Jin understoood the implication immediately and a small smile formed on his lips. He turned to look at Taehyung who was still staring excitedly at the ride, not having heard any of the commotion behind him which Jin was partially glad for. If he did he'd probably have pulled his hand away which Jin didn't really want.

The pair finally reached the front of the line, Taehyung now jumping up and down in anticipation while still holding Jin’s hand and he pulled Jin along with him to their seats. Jin gulped after fastening his safety belt and faced forward, every muscle in his body tensed up as he saw how twisted the tracks were. He also noticed how each drop varied in height and angle; each one higher and steeper than the last. Through his peripheral vision, he could see a hyper Taehyung who seemed completely thrilled to be riding something made to send someone to their death.

The ride began, with Jin thinking that it wasn't so bad even though he was close to screaming his head off which Taehyung was already doing, although the latter was screaming his head off because he was having fun whereas Jin was terrified of what was to come. The ride picked up speed and Jin gripped the rails of the cart and clenched his teeth. He made the mistake of not closing his eyes and experienced the horrors of rolleroasters with all five of his senses. Thankfully(?) by the time they hit the drop, he felt that his soul had already left his body and by the time it came back the ride was over.

The pair stepped off the ride, Taehyung still bouncing in excitement, his now dishevelled hair bouncing with him. Jin fell to the ground and attempted to hug it which went unnoticed by his fate who was still jumping up and down. This continued for a good five minutes before Taehyung finally noticed that Jin wasn't beside him.

Taehyung sent a questioning glance towards the man hugging the ground and blinked multiple times before squatting next to him.

“Hyung?” He asked quietly, earning a sigh from Jin.

“What's wrong? Was it too much?”

“I’ll never leave you again” Jin muttered to the ground with closed eyes causing Taehyung to laugh.

“W-what?” He managed to get out in between laughs, the sight of a scared Jin was not one Taehyung expected to see.

The pair remained like this, Taehyung laughing and Jin still attempting to hug the ground for a good while before the sound of Taehyung laughing finally reached Jin’s ears.

Realising how stupid he must look, Jin’s eyes shot open and he jumped back onto his feet and dusted himself off, attempting to regain his composure. He cleared his throat and looked at Taehyung who was just about done laughing.

“Are you done?” He asked, trying to sound cool which failed since Taehyung’s hands shot up to cover his mouth (most probably to stop himself from laughing) and he nodded once.

Jin scanned the area for any possible attractions that would gain his cool image back and sighted a shooting range booth. Even though those things are rigged I would look so cool if I won that giant bear. I'd be like a..like a..like a-

“Yah! That booth over there looks like fun can we go there pleaaaseee?” Jin’s thoughts were interrupted by a pouting Taehyung was now tugging at Jin’s arm and pointing at the shooting range booth like a little kid. Jin smiled at him and nodded to which Taehyung replied with a large smile before the pair made their way over to said booth.

After being greeted by the booth owner who looked like a high school student with a clearly forced cowboy accent and smile which the pair found creepy, Jin cleared his throat and pointed to the large stuffed bear hanging on one of the hooks.

“What do I have to do to win that?” He asked to which the booth owner replied while pointing to a little red plastic horse figurine that the bullet was sure to miss. Rigged.

“Ya have ta shewt that reid horsey over there” Jin and Taehyung both resisted the urge to roll his eyes at the booth owner’s obvious ‘I’m-only-doing-this-for-the-money-please-don't-tell-my-friends’ attitude and paid him.

Taehyung aimed at the red horse and began pulling the trigger relentlessly. He had one eye closed and his tongue stuck out of his mouth in concentration which Jin found absolutely adorable. He smiled fondly at the former which went unnoticed as he emptied his clip of foam bullets. Taehyung pouted when he noticed he had no more bullets and looked at Jin pleadingly, as if Jin had any more luck than he did.

Deciding to play his cool card, Jin nodded and aimed at the red horse down the sights while mentally chanting “Please help me, Lord” he let out a slow breath and pulled the trigger, the foam bullet knocking over the red horse on the first shot, making Taehyung jump while shouting “Yes!!” repeatedly. The booth owner also jumped out of his seat, his fake hat falling off his head as he blinked rapidly.

“That's the first time anyone’s ever done that!” He exclaimed, his voice completely normal. Jin smiled modestly but he was screaming inside thanking whatever deity that gave him the time of day repeatedly. As the booth owner handed the oversized stuffed bear to Taehyung, the boy gave Jin an adoring look that made him feel like he was on cloud nine. Jin’s legs promptly turned into jelly.

They spent some time walking around the amusement park, grabbing some food here and there and Taehyung was now munching on some cotton candy they had recently bought. The pair were making their way to the Ferris wheel which they decided would be their last ride for the night seeing as the sun had set a while ago and it was getting pretty late anyway.

When they reached the Ferris wheel, the pair sat in next to each other, with the stuffed bear on the other side of Taehyung. When the ride began, Taehyung admired the bright but soft colours of the ever changing formation of lights with a bright smile while Jin admired Taehyung’a bright expression. He stared at Taehyung’s eyes that seemed to sparkle brighter than the stars and held so much warmth in them. He stared at his nose that and the adorable freckle on it that was just begging to be kissed. He stared at his lips which formed a rectulangular shape whenever he flashed his white toothy smile. And finally he stared at Taehyung’s face as a whole. The amount of affection he was feeling for this boy was threatening to overload as he thought nothing but I'm pretty sure he's the one

Finally noticing a pair of eyes on him, said boy turned to meet Jin’s gaze and he raised an eyebrow at him.

“Is something wrong?” He inquired, his eyebrow raising even further when Jin’s smile grew.

“Nothing’s wrong, you're perfect.” He replied in such a loving voice that Taehyung felt his cheeks heat up and he broke eye contact.

“Taehyung-ah” Jin’s voice was close to a whisper and it gave made Taehyung’s cheeks turn a deeper shade of pink as he cautiously looked back into Jin’s eyes only to see nothing but his reflection in the man’s irises. His eyes widened. It was like Jin was looking at him and only at him. And he was.

“I think- no wait I'm really really sure that..” he began, his expression remaining the same as his eyes never left Taehyung’s and he reached over to grab his hand and place a loving kiss on the top of it before intertwining their fingers together. Taehyung was now blushing furiously as he stared at Jin nervously, waiting for him to finish his sentence.

“I'm really sure that I'm in love with you” he said before smiling again but this time it was so bright that Taehyung found himself being blinded even though it was night time and the sky was pitch black. Taehyung broke eye contact as he cleared his throat to respond. With a nervous smile on his face he looked up at Jin and felt everything; the affection, the adoration and most importantly, the love. It all hit him like a hurricane but it felt so good that the next words that came out of his mouth felt so natural, as if they were meant to be said to Jin and only Jin.

“I love you too.” He said breathlessly before wrapping his arms around Jin’s neck and giving him a soft kiss. With his forehead on Jin’s, he let out a soft chuckle and closed his eyes, feeling nothing but comfort and protection as he felt Jin’s arms snake around his waist. The pair shared a few more kisses and when they got off the ride, the journey to Jin’s car was one full of loving looks and smiles and their hands joined together the whole car ride home.

Although he was tired, Taehyung still felt giddy as he lay down in his bed from the kisses on the Ferris wheel to the ones they shared at every traffic light they stopped at, and to the one they shared outside his door as he bid goodnight to Jin.

He felt his phone vibrate in his pocket and he pulled it out to check it knowing who the text would be from.

From: Jin

11:29 pm

Just in case you're wondering, yes you are my boyfriend now ;) goodnight <3

Taehyung didn't bother replying as sleep already began to overtake his body and he fell into the world of dreams while smiling.

 


 

A/N: I think I'm gonna do a song recommendation after every chapter now, yeah I think I'll do that ^.^ anyway see y’all next chapter my fellow shippers <3

And I'm sorry if this chapter didn't meet expectations ( >_<)

Song recommendation: akmu - Last Goodbye