Chapter 6

Coffee

A/N: I'M SO SO SORRY I HAVEN’T UPDATED IN SO LONG!! T_T
Lately I’ve had really really bad writer’s block after losing the original copy of this chapter but I'm back now and I promise to update more frequently! I know this is a short update but it's kind of a filler chapter leading up to the amusement park date but I have an idea of where the story will be going from here on out, thank you so much for reading, subscribing and commenting, I hope you aren't too mad at me for my lack of updates but I really do promise to update more from now on! Again, I'm sorry for making you wait this long but yeah, I hope you enjoy! I've already got the next chapter in the works so I hope I can update within the next few days ^.^
사랑해요 여러분~~ <3333


Taehyung was lying on his bed, staring blankly at the ceiling for what had seemed like forever. Already a week had passed since then.


“I think I really like you Taehyung” He muttered dreamily before realizing what he just said. Jin shot up from his seat and Taehyung went as stiff as a board as they both looked at each other with widened eyes.


“I think I love you too Jin” Taehyung’s hands flew to his mouth as he turned fifty different shades of red, each one deeper than the last.


Taehyung stood up abruptly and ran out of the café, ignoring Jin calling his name. What had he done? He wasn't supposed to confess. But how could he help himself after hearing that?


He didn't stop running until he arrived back at the dorms. He locked the door and rushed to his bed. He felt his phone vibrating multiple times against his pocket and took it out to check the messages, even though it was obvious who it was, he still checked nonetheless. He had 5 missed calls from Minhyun, 7 from Jin, and 2 new messages.


From: Jin <3


4:32 PM


Come back, please? I need to talk to you


Taehyuhg just closed the message and viewed to the next one.


From: Minhyun


4:16 PM


HEY! WHAT HAPPENED?!


He decided to reply to Minhyun, but with a lie. He didn't need to know anyway


To: Minhyun


4:41 PM


Something came up, sorry for making you worry


He threw his phone to the side, and laid there. What if he had pushed it? What if Jin really didn't like him? Similar thoughts kept floating through his head and he held back the urge to cry. Maybe he was overreacting but he couldn't help it. He was actually falling for Jin. Or maybe he was already in love with him. He just hoped Jin felt the same.


Taehyung unenthusiastically rose from his bed to get something to eat, his need for food overpowering his want for sleep. He dragged his feet across the ground until he reached the kitchen and pulled a packet of ramyeon out from the cabinet. He quickly prepared his food and sat down to eat, failing to notice a frowning Jimin now sitting across from him a the table.


The only thing preventing an awkward silence for Jimin was the loud slurping noises the boy sitting across him made while eating his noodles.


“This is the first time you've stepped out of your room since a few days ago” he commented, his eyes never leaving his friend as he propped his elbows up on the table and rested his head on his knuckles. Taehyung almost choked, Jimin’s voice catching him completely off guard as he coughed and hit his chest a few times.


“Where'd you come from?” He asked, voice full of surprise to which Jimin blinked at him.


“Minhyun told me you haven't been visiting the cafe lately” Taehyung’s expression changed instantly from one of surprise to one of sadness prompting Jimin to dig deeper.


“What happened?” No response.


“Was it something between you and Jin?” Taehyung visibly frowned which didn't go unnoticed by Jimin.


“You know you can tell me Taehyung-ah” he said, his voice and gaze softening, making Taehyung feel bad for ignoring his best friend.


He hesitated multiple times, his mouth opening to speak then closing again which was beginning to frustrate Jimin. Deciding to be patient, he remained silent until Taehyung decided to talk.


“I…..” he started, avoiding Jimin’s eyes and deciding the floor was more interesting to look at.


“I…...c-con” Jimin was slowly nodding his head while gesturing for him to continue.


“IconfessedtoJin” he managed to mumble out, not sure if Jimin had heard him or not.


“Sorry could you repeat that please? I didn't catch it the first time” Jimin asked making Taehyung sigh. Jimin had given him space instead of getting all up in his face about it so he might as well be honest and tell him properly now.


Taehyung began fidgeting with his fingers like a nervous schoolgirl, gathering up the courage to tell his best friend.


“I confessed to Jin” he shyly said while still avoiding eye contact. He didn't have to look to know that Jimin’s hands flew to cover his mouth.


“What did he say?” Jimin asked queitly.


“He didn't say anything…” he started, a sad smile forming on his face but Jimin had already slammed his fists on the table and rose abruptly from his seat.


“What?! But I totally thought he had the hots for you?! Omg that loser is gonna get the next time I see him! Are you okay Taehyung-ah?” He was now standing on top of the table, rambling about how he was going to vandalise all of Jin’s property for breaking his best friend’s heart which made Taehyung blink rapidly before laughing, causing a livid diva-faced Jimin to look down with at Taehyung confused.


“It's not that Jimin” he got out in between laughs. Jimin raised an eyebrow at his friend’s sudden change in behaviour. He must be back to normal I guess.


Jimin sat back down and waited for Taehyung’s laughing fit to die down so he could elaborate. Taehyung finally finished laughing after a good ten minutes, wiping a final tear from his eye and he continued.


“He didn't say anything because I ran away before he could” he said to which Jimin gave him an expression which translated to “Really? You ran away?”


“Well what was I supposed to do? He sputtered out, Jimin’s expression remaining the same. “I mean, I'm not even sure if it's love..” Taehyung mumbled that but Jimin heard him and sighed.


“What?” Taehyung asked, unsure of what the sigh meant.


“Yah, how can you not know already by now?” Jimin asked to which Taehyung just blinked.


“Jimin, we've only been on one date, how could I know?”


“Does that matter?”


Taehyung blinked again to which Jimin rollled his eyes. Taehyung had watched too many angsty TV shows and now he was paranoid about his first love interest, thinking his would go the same way it did on TV. Silly child. Jimin sighed before continuing.


“Do you enjoy his presence?”


Taehyung nodded almost instantly


“Okay, do you enjoy talking with him?”


Taehyung nodded again


“Okay, did you enjoy kissing him?”


“Jimin!” Taehyung put a hand on his chest, looking scandalised. “I mean-”


“Just answer the question”


Taehyung looked at ground before nodding timidly, which made Jimin smile before asking the final question.


“Do you feel like you love him?”


Taehyung avoided eye contact and looked at the table for a good few minutes, his cheeks turning red as he thought about Jin. How bright his smile was, how angelic his laugh was and most importantly, how warm he'd made Taehyung feel.


He nodded again slowly, and made eye contact with Jimin, his feelings of doubt and confusion turning into feelings of determination and resolution.


“Yes, I do” he said confidently to which Jimin smiled again. My work here is done


“Well I would assure you that he loves you back but since you ran away we don't even know if he does” Jimin teased which made Taehyung’s expression drop.


“Hey I didn't mean that” Jimin started when he saw his friend’s expression change, trying to think of something to cheer up his friend.


“Ah! Don't you have that date with him in a few days? Yeah! You can ask him then!” He said, attempting to make Taehyung happy again to which Taehyung’s eyes widened as he looked over to the calendar then over to his watch and gasped at the realisation that today was the day of the amusement park date. Taehyung had a rushed shower and Jimin just watched as his friend ran back and forth from the bathroom to his room, in various clothes then he finally came out dressed in blue skinny jeans and a grey hoodie.


Jimin blinked while looking at his friend, wondering why he had dressed up so fast and had already bolted out the door without tying his shoe laces or putting his coat on. After blinking a few more times and piecing it all together, he hit himself for being so slow.


Ah my Taehyungie must be so crazy in love


“Have fun!” He shouted at the closed door


Jimin’s smile resembled that of a proud mother as he turned around and walked to his room, thinking he earned himself a well deserved nap.