Chapter 3

Coffee

A/N: Okay sorry if I said double update, I can only get one chapter out today because I have homework to complete >.< but I'll try get the next chap out asap! Thanks for being patient <3

 

It had only been ten minutes since they entered the restaurant and Taehyung was pretty sure he was going to have a heart attack. He nervously tapped his fingers on the table which drew Jin’s attention from the menu. Jimin and Minhyun had calmed down after five minutes of hardcore hand gestures and were now (clearly not) reading their (upside-down) menus, throwing an occasional glance at the couple.

 

“Is something wrong?” Jin asked, concerned about his date.

 

Taehyung felt his heart warm up from hearing Jin’s concern and he somehow gained the strength to reply normally. (Although his sudden attitude change was to be questioned)

 

“No, nothing’s wrong, I'm just trying to decide what to eat” he stated calmly while his mind was anything but calm.

 

“Everything is wrong! What are those two idiots doing here?! They're going to ruin everything!” He thought while picking up his menu and reading it's contents.

 

Seemingly satisfied with his answer, Jin smiled at Taehyung and nodded his head, continuing to read the menu.

 

Taehyung sighed internally in relief.

 

Every time he caught one of the two looking at him, he would glare back and they would hurriedly look away. Good thing he had the menu to use as cover. They were probably trying to find a way to third wheel and stop him from getting any tonight. Jimin was like an overprotective mother and Minhyun was like an annoying big brother. It was nice to have such good friends but for God’s sake he wasn't five.

 

Knowing Jimin, he would most likely use an accident as an excuse (most probably spilling wine like he did with Taehyung’s last date) and put on some poor acting pretending he was surprised that Taehyung was out on a date with “such a stud” (as quoted from his last date) and ramble on about how their meeting here was a coincidence.

 

Minhyun would probably do the same but the wine wouldn't get spilled on Jin, it would probably get spilled on Taehyung just for Minhyun’s own amusement. However the latter was considered a good actor so he would pull off making the accident and their meeting appear as a coincidence as opposed to Jimin. Jin would probably fall for it but Taehyung saw right through him.

 

Taehyung furrowed his eyebrows at the menu (and his friends) and frowned.

 

“Why are all the food’s names in Italian? We're in Korea for goodness sake” He thought as he struggled to read the unfamiliar language which caught Jin’s attention once again.

 

“Are you sure you're okay? You look like you're having trouble reading the menu there.” He said and chuckled lightly while saying the last part.

 

Taehyung went red and decided that pretending to know how to read Italian wouldn't benefit him right now. After all honesty is the best policy. He looked at his feet and nodded his head in embarrassment.

 

Jin chuckled again and Taehyung felt his cheeks go redder. He decided immediately that he loved Jin’s laugh. (Not that he'd tell him that though)

 

“It's nothing to be ashamed of” he stated and smiled at Taehyung who felt his heart rate pick up.

 

“How does spaghetti sound?” Jin asked, his tone suggestive. Taehyung was pretty sure his tone was hiding something else but he just nodded his head in agreement.

 

Jin smiled again and signalled for a waiter. He told the waiter what they wanted and now he was smiling at Taehyung who shifted uncomfortably in his seat and shot back an awkward smile.

 

Jin chuckled again, causing Minhyun and Jimin to look over simultaneously. Taehyung looked over at both of them and they both flinched, returning their eyes back down to their menus again.

 

“You're so cute” Jin stated nonchalantly, now gazing at Taehyung which made Taehyung’ face turn fifty shades of red, each one deeper than the last. He chewed on his lower lip to stifle a scream and tried his hardest not to cover his face in embarassment.

 

“D-don’t say things like that!” Taehyung stuttured out in a harsh whisper making Jin laugh. He was used to people calling him weird or loud or annoying but cute? That was a new one.

 

“But it's the truth” he replied, making Taehyung break eye contact and look at his feet.

 

Normally Taehyung wouldn't fall for such flattery. He had become used to it after getting hit on so much in clubs and bars that Jimin also recommended but Jin was different somehow. His flattery was more like complimenting and it came from sober lips that sounded genuine rather than drunken lips that held mysterious intent. He felt himself falling for more than just Jin’s appearance now.

 

Taehyung dared to look up and Jin was staring at him with sparkling eyes. He met Jin’s eyes, now unafraid and he felt like he could convey his feelings without words. He felt like they were the only two people in the world.

 

“I really like you. Everything about you makes me weak at my knees. Your smile and laugh especially. I haven't fallen for you yet (at least I think) but at the rate I'm going, I'm gonna fall for you by the end of tonight” he thought, hoping his message got across to Jin who stared at him, eyes now twinkling like stars as if he heard what Taehyung said.

 

Until Taehyung actually gathered the courage to actually tell him, telepathy would do for now.

 

Jin was still staring at Taehyung like he was the most interesting thing in the world and didn't look like he was stopping anytime soon while Taehyung now sat in awkward silence, avoiding Jin’s eyes. The couple sat in awkward silence for a good ten minutes until Taehyung broke it.

 

“I wonder when our food will be here? It's been a while now and spaghetti doesn't take that long does it?” he asked, still looking anywhere but at Jin who was still staring at him.

 

As if on cue, a waiter arrived with their food but there was only one dish on the tray. Taehyung raised an eyebrow, looking back and forth between the waiter, the food and Jin who lit up at the sight of the food. Taehyung’s expression became dumbfounded. Was Jin not going to eat? Or did Jin only order food for himself? Or did the waiter get their order wrong? Taehyung could see Jimin and Minhyun looking over at their table and they looked just as confused as he did.

 

Wait…..or did Jin want to…..share the food? Like share as in eat together and they would end up eating the same thread of spaghetti which would lead them to…...kiss?

 

Taehyung blushed madly at the thought and started fidgeting nervously with his fingers.

 

Sensing Taehyung’s suspicion at ths sight of only one dish, Jin smirked and asked him a question.

 

“Want to play a game?” he asked while waggling his eyebrows suggestively.

 

Taehyung gulped, visibly nervous before he replied.

 

“Wh-what kind of game?” he stuttered out, trying his best to keep his composure but the question had caught him off guard so he was struggling to remain calm. Jin’s eyes were focused on Taehyung, his smirk still present as he continued.

 

“There are two stages to this game” he began and Taehyung nodded as he listened eagerly, all his former nervousness gone and his face now resembling a puppy that wanted to play. Jin found it adorable.

 

“We'll eat this spaghetti together, but…” continued while pointing at the plate of food before them. Taehyung’s eyes never left Jin as he kept explaining the ‘rules’ of their ‘game’

 

“....we aren't allowed to pick up the same strand of spaghetti.” he finished and waited for Taehyung to reply who was now thinking hard.

 

“What happens if we do pick up the same strand of spaghetti? Does the person that picked it up lose?” he inquired after a lot of thinking.

 

“No, but that's where we move to stage two. We continue to eat the spaghetti bit by bit and our lips are not allowed to touch.” Jin replied, his tone becoming more teasing and his index finger resting in his lips as if he knew that Taehyung wanted a kiss out of this.

 

“So like the pocky game but with spaghetti?” as nervous as he was already, he liked games so that fuelled him enough not to become a flustered mess at what the the conditions for losing were.

 

Jin just nodded his head in response.

 

It seemed like Jin had planned their date and Taehyung thought it was sweet, even if the game they were playing and the food they were eating could be a bit cliche, the game he came up with made their date less cliche and more exciting. Taehyung smiled, feeling confident as he asked his next question.

 

“Then, what happens to the loser and what does the winner get?” he asked curiously, his tone innocent.

 

“Let's just say that the loser will be at the winner’s mercy.” Jin smiled again and Taehyung gulped, his nervousness instantly returning.


“So, do you want to play Taehyung?”